My J-cut 6090A rebuild

Thread: My J-cut 6090A rebuild

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default My J-cut 6090A rebuild

Hi All,
    A few notes about my J-cut 6090A router rebuild.

I’m new to this CNC world but I have been designing & building all types of machines for years.

After I received my 6090 I read a lot of posts on this site about it, mainly about its construction. So...

First I took off the sides & welded bars under the table to support the water cooling tank & power converter.

Next I put it on wheels to move it around more easily and then added threaded posts with feet to stabilize it when I get it in position.

I then removed the black padding from the table top, unscrewed the aluminum rails & installed a ¼” x 49” x 29¼” sheet of steel. I replaced the rails & added 2 new 40mm rails on each side drilling& tapping around 100 holes. I now have 0 flex on the top.

Next I looked at the limit switches (ha ha) the factory said that I have 600mm-x & 900mm-y by removing the Micro switches & replacing them with proximity sensors on both ends of travel I now have 686x & 935y.

I then add another proximity sensor to the x & y 2mm in from the dead stops triggering led lights to verify my 0x, 0y start point.

I also added a small n/c switch on each assess so when I do reach the end of travel I just hold the switch & walk it back into range without having to power down & lose my reference point.

I added a second emergency stop switch to the other side of the machine.
    I installed a power control box where the pump lights & other accessories can be controlled.

I made a tool touch block gage to set my z.

Last I added 2 small lights on the motor.

I’m working on a dust collection unit – but first I need to make some dust.

Next I’m debating on tearing out the motors & control card?

Let me know if you guys have any other ideas?