JCUT-6090A vs SHM0609 vs SK-7090F/S - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JCUT-6090A vs SHM0609 vs SK-7090F/S

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Butterknife,

Thanks for responding, I've gone and ordered a 6090B from JCut or j-Cut, i'm confused there seems so many from the same province? I stayed with the 1.5KW water cooled spindle, and it seems it has 85BYG450A steppers, and 2M542 drivers, along with a rotary axis. The B has the rack and pinion instead of the round rails and bearings. It's being assembled this week. I don't understand the huge disparity between the quality and construction of these machines from the forums, as they all look like variants of the exact same machine, like rebranding?

I just hope there's a way I can still export my normal mach3 gcode from Aspire at work and load it into the NCStudio, like a dumb interpreter? Actually, I've just realised that the pics Shanny from there sent included the one of your alphabet snake!

cheers,
    Ian

Downloads
    Uploads

The 1.5 KW is 2 horse power so that's still quite a bit of power. The 85byg450a is a good motor. I don't know the drivers, but it looks like it outputs enough amps for your motors.

I think you'll like your rack and pinion. I think it will have less drag than the ballscrew. And your linear rails and bearings are probably going to be better than my round rails and bearings.

I can't speak for all of their machines. I have mine and it is a great little machine. I helped another guy who bought a 6090A who lives 35 miles from me. He ordered his set up for Mach3. I was able to get it set up online through Crossloop.

I think in China, all of the factories copy each others machines. I think they don't have copyrights.

I think most of your Mach 3 code will probably work with NC Studio but I can't say for sure. I wish you'd have gotten it set up for Mach.

I did away with the NC Studio stuff and put on WinCNC.

As far as my picture goes, I gave a couple to Mandy. She was very helpful to me and provided me a very good machine at a very reasonable price. I figure that is the least I could do for her.

Good luck with yours,

Butterknife

From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Butterknife View Post
    I think most of your Mach 3 code will probably work with NC Studio but I can't say for sure. I wish you'd have gotten it set up for Mach.

I did away with the NC Studio stuff and put on WinCNC.

As far as my picture goes, I gave a couple to Mandy. She was very helpful to me and provided me a very good machine at a very reasonable price. I figure that is the least I could do for her.

Good luck with yours,

Butterknife
    I'm hoping as you had a good experience with Mandy and the machine you bought, that they are the same company i'm dealing with now. I wish I had looked into NCStudio before I sorted out the machine as I really would have preferred a Mach3 setup, as that's what I'm used to. I see others say NCStudio is really good, but for my simple needs Mach3 is the bee's knees!

I don't think it would be that hard though to change to Mach3, so long as I have all the motor and leadscrew parameters, but when it comes I'll see how NCStudio goes before I try anything else further.

cheers,
    Ian

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Ian,

Here was my wiring for the NC Studio software.

1. Unhooked, but I think it was for a tool touch off switch.
    2. Step signal for axis 1
    3. Step signal for axis 2
    4. Step signal for axis 3
    5. X3 on the Sunfar inverter. It was set up for 3 outputs to control speed.
    6. Z high limit switch
    7. Y low limit switch
    8. X low limit switch
    9. Direction signal for axis 3
    10. Direction signal for axis 2
    11. Direction signal for axis 1
    12. X1 on the Sunfar inverter. Another of the speed outputs.
    13. X2 on the Sunfar inverter. Combinations of the 3 make up to 9 speeds.
    14. 5v- for everything.
    15. 5v+ for inverter, and steppers.

I can't promise yours will be the same, but this was mine.

I found mine by toning out the wiring.

I never ran my machine from NC Studio, I cut out the 15 pin plug from the box and added a 37 pin D-Sub connector for WinCNC. It is the controller I use at work and I am used to it.

I got a rotary axis too Ian. It was set up so that you moved Y to where you wanted it, then at the back of the machine, you unplugged it and plugged in the rotary axis in its place.

I added another drive for it and a seperate mic jack for it to plug into. That way I can use my X, Y, Z, and A at the same time.

I will copy this over into my own thread later and add the wiring changes I did for the inverter and for WinCNC.

Hope this helps,

Butterknife

From Wikipedia - "..butter knife..any table knife designed with a dull edge and rounded point". I've never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer!

Downloads
    Uploads

Please have a look at this... JCUT 6090A

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130545297489

This is the perfect size machine for what I want.

Anyone worked with this one before? The standard electronics are odd to me. You get as part of their package, a PCI card to control the stepper drivers, rather than a parallel port breakout board.

This is twice my 1600.00 budget but I think I can handle 3500 bucks soon enough. (I want to get the 4th axis)

Does this machine live up the the excellent ebay ratings? Anyone know firsthand?

Do I really want a PCI interface?

Thanks very much everyone.

GaryM

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by garym1957 View Post
    Does this machine live up the the excellent ebay ratings? Anyone know firsthand?

Do I really want a PCI interface?

Thanks very much everyone.

GaryM
    Hi Gary,

They are a good machine, but the one thing I would definately do is get it setup for Mach3 as they offer as part of the package, not NC Studio. I'm not sure if that means they still use the interface card and somehow configure it fo Mach3, but I've found NC Studio, while very functional, quite limiting compared to Mach3. Especially as with this you'll want the auto-zero and auto-limit macros supplied with mach3.

cheers,
    Ian

It's a state of mind!

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah I see. Thanks for that.

I seem to be having trouble getting anyone to reply to me from Jcut. I asked what that PCI card was and who makes it. Nothing.

Its Wednsday here so I know its not the weekend there *S*

Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 6090B from Jcut with the PCI card (NC Studio) the cost for the machine is good and I am satisfied from that aspect. The machine runs fine and I have no problem with the PCI controller. The machine has run all the G-code I've asked it, So i really don't understand why you would need Mach 3. I dont use Mach 3 so I really dont see any difference in how the machine runs and will stay away from commenting any more on that aspect.

The software is all illegitimate from JCUT so dont plan on being too productive with it since it's all cracked. I've had my machine for a couple years now and it holds up well with lots of use it seems the machine was built well. Jcut will deliver on everything they say. JCut will not be there to support you after the machine arrives ....but that should not deter you. Please dont hesitate to contact other Jcut owners for support since they can probably communicate better anyway.

Last edited by Izitbrokeyet?; 08-18-2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: spellin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12