Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router? - Page 10

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router?

Default Re: Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router?

Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router?-11-jpg

I am very pleased with my OMNI 1325. Everything that matters is heavy duty, the wiring is very neat, and it has an overall appearance of something much more expensive. The lack of useful documentation and instructions made the learning curve a bit steeper because it was my first machine, but I fully expected it going in. Product support is fair. There's an obious language barrier, but I've managed to overcome every hurdle so far.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello to all,

been reading this forum and other places for a few months now and I leaning towards buying a Dexian CNC.
    I am quite new to machining, but I do have a shop/small business and I have a lot of experience in the 3D world, which is why I want to get a CNC.
    Not looking to buy a super high end machine but not the cheapest either..... just a reliable machine to get me started and later on will probably upgrade.

If you don't mind spending a couple of minutes looking over these specs and let me know your thoughts and past experience with this company and their machines....would highly appreciate it.

EXW Desktop type machine
    Working area: 1200mm*1200mm *300mm
    T-slot working table
    2.2 KW air cooling spindle (Top brand in China)
    2.2kw Fuling inverter ( most famous brand in China)
    all axis with Taiwan TBI Ball screw transmission
    X,Y,Z axis with Taiwan #20 HIWIN Linear Guide
    DSP handle control system with USB interface (RICH auto brand, A11 model)
    Japan YASKAWA servo 400w
    200mm diameter rotary device , also with 400w YASKAWA servo
    Tool calibration sensor
    Oil lubrication system
    Switch: Japanese OMRON Switch
    Cable: Highly flexible towline; fire-resistant double-sheathed cable.
    Artcam /Type 3 software
    Voltage:220v,1phase
    Package: plywood case

Also same machine specs....but with stepper motors is 1800USD less.

Any extra parts or things you would recommend ordering in double to have as a spare?

Mainly want to work in wood, plastic, glass(etching), ....more artistic creative things, high detail carvings where tolerances of .001 or .003 would not be an issue .... the occasional aluminum or soft metal if the machine allows.

Thank you for your time and feedback,
    Florin

PS: I would love to hear from actual people not the chinese companies

Smile Re: Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router?

Hello,

we are considering purchase of the CNC laser cutter from China:

Factory name: JINAN XINTIAN TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD
    Model:XTC-F1530
    Laser type:500W Raycus laser from WUHAN
    Cutting head 1 set of CYPLITE from SHANGHAI

Please if any one have any experience with this company, their machines, or this laser installed on their machines, please contact me.
    Do you think it is a good idea to visit factory before purchasing? Or maybe is better to pay the fee and expenses for their engineer to come and start the machine?

Feel free to recommend to me brands from china for CNC fiber laser machines that you are using.
    We need it to cut stainless steel thickness up to 5mm.

Best,
    M

Downloads
    Uploads

hi M,

if you are considering a cnc, i belive it would be hard to go past a Quick-CNC machine.
    i have little to no trouble 2.5m x 1.3m. over the last 6 yrs with it.
    i have delt with a guy called Taney Tang. this bloke is top notch i had my first major problem 3 weeks ago.
    the DSP died, emailed him & he responded within the hour. (this is after no contact for many years.
    sent me an upgraded DSP wired the new part in (with the wiring diagram he supplied) presto machine up & running with a better system.

check out there web site Best Quality Chinese CNC Router Supplier - Jinan Quick CNC Router Co., Ltd.

Taney & his company have been a pleasure to work with over the years , i really could'nt praise him enough.
    within 7 working days i had the part in my hands & was up & running again,

hope this helps,
    SC

"I am having serious problems with red algae growth in the cooling water. I tried Auto Antifreeze, Detergent, pool chlorine slows it down but god knows what that is doing to the spindle."

Have you tried using glycol for coolant? That is what my HSD spindle requires, and a chiller. You may not need a chiller, just a large container. I use it undiluted. But, the glycol is cheap - RV antifreeze from WalMart.

Joe T.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have 2 jinan quick cnc's built like tanks made me £££'s over the 5 years i've had them, we've replaced bearings and belts which is to be expected and received excellent help when we needed spares delivered to the uk. Considering buying another machine, just make sure you deal with Taney when buying.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Horrible success with setting up Automation Technology KL-6090. Would never buy from them again. Not one written word of instructions. Refuse to assist with issues.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JPMJR View Post
    Horrible success with setting up Automation Technology KL-6090. Would never buy from them again. Not one written word of instructions. Refuse to assist with issues.
    Before you purchase any Chinese machine regardless of what it does you should request a full copy of the instructions first, this is a no cost item but should be a decider. If these instructions are presented in Chinglish or in any way unhelpful then don't buy. The cost of recovering from poor service can be enormous and production stopping. All Chinese exporters should have matured and be up to the task by now and those not bothering should be weeded out by customer actions. You would never accept such poor service from a western manufacturer/supplier so why should you allow low cost to be the only criterion?
    It is too late after the sale.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by billfle View Post
    Before you purchase any Chinese machine regardless of what it does you should request a full copy of the instructions first, this is a no cost item but should be a decider. If these instructions are presented in Chinglish or in any way unhelpful then don't buy. The cost of recovering from poor service can be enormous and production stopping. All Chinese exporters should have matured and be up to the task by now and those not bothering should be weeded out by customer actions. You would never accept such poor service from a western manufacturer/supplier so why should you allow low cost to be the only criterion?
    It is too late after the sale.
    CNC routers of any provenance are not rocket science. If you do need instructions for installing, repairing, maintaining or operating a CNC router then maybe you should supplement you knowledge by consulting the mountain of information available on the internet or other source...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do build these machines myself. But regardless there are many people wishing to enter this market and they do require information. As with normal sales requirements in the west an obligation is upon the seller to provide information in a form the purchaser can understand. If this is too hard for the seller then again I suggest a purchaser look somewhere else. I have had some extremely poor service at times and now firmly believe that as these businesses mature they should begin to do better. If a CNC machine was manufactured in Canada and thrown into the market without support there would be an outcry. Just because it is made in China and is cheap does not excuse the manufacturer from their obligation to the consumer. A few sheets of paper or a downloaded pdf is not expensive but could make a large difference. Having followed CNC zone for many years I have read many complaints of people buying CNC machinery only to find they totally lose production while waiting for poor replies or little support from the manufacturer. Many have had to research into a field they were not proficient and without support just to rescue a cheap machine or to understand poor software.

Downloads
    Uploads

"If these instructions are presented in Chinglish"
    I didn't think the above was an alterable option in OZ for stuff from China? Certainly none of the vendors I've ever dealt with have supplied what I would call good, usable manuals.

I usually find they treat the manuals as a no frills, and not entirely necessary addition, but personally, as the price is right, I'm quite happy with that

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyeka View Post
    CNC routers of any provenance are not rocket science. If you do need instructions for installing, repairing, maintaining or operating a CNC router then maybe you should supplement you knowledge by consulting the mountain of information available on the internet or other source...
    While you can never beat good manuals or quick start guides, I agree with you 100%!

Years back when I first got into CNC there was very little in the way of hobbyist info, now there is a plethora on almost every subject, and almost every specific machine on the market.

CNC isn't a cheap hobby, and like anything technical it also has a learning curve. Anyone unable to follow the usually available and concise instructions that abound in forums, would probably have trouble with most of the simplified instructions in manuals anyway I would think.

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ian, again I question the reason for not including instructions. Previously the cost of mass produced documents supporting good customer communications would be around $0.01 per sheet. Assume most information could be presented in around 10 sheets this would amount to $0.10. However the modern day cost of downloading a pdf of unlimited pages would be around $0.00. So my point is that especially Chinese manufacturers should get their act together and tidy this mess up. There are many customers out there that have no clue as to the workings of many CNC machines, they just want the process they offer. I know of businesses that have been placed at risk due to a simple lack of critical information. If it costs nothing then why not provide it to the customer. If it is poorly written then get it refined. It is all about the fundamental expectation of the customer and the proper completion of a sale.
    Why not put something on Youtube, these costs are nothing but the future interaction with the customer could be massively enhanced and may even lead to further sales.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ian, again I question the reason for not including instructions. Previously the cost of mass produced documents supporting good customer communications would be around $0.01 per sheet. Assume most information could be presented in around 10 sheets this would amount to $0.10. However the modern day cost of downloading a pdf of unlimited pages would be around $0.00. So my point is that especially Chinese manufacturers should get their act together and tidy this mess up. There are many customers out there that have no clue as to the workings of many CNC machines, they just want the process they offer. I know of businesses that have been placed at risk due to a simple lack of critical information. If it costs nothing then why not provide it to the customer. If it is poorly written then get it refined. It is all about the fundamental expectation of the customer and the proper completion of a sale.
    Why not put something on Youtube, these costs are nothing but the future interaction with the customer could be massively enhanced and may even lead to further sales.
    I don't believe it comes down to a matter of cost at all for the lack of training materials and manuals from Chinese vendors. And I also don't believe it's any form of maliciousness, or any great degree of laziness on their part.

What I do think it comes down to is the cultural, business, and pragmatic differences a lot of the Chinese vendors have. From most of my dealings the majority of the grunt work is done by people who will never have any contact or feedback from the end customer, and the people on the front line are usually high pressured sales people who are there to simply shuffle emails, calls, and orders.

Another part is the overly pragmatic nature of them which also explains why you receive a square shaped rotary axis frame painted orange when the picture clearly showed a round frame in fuschia! To them things like colour, shape, size, etc, don't matter so long as the base function is more or less the same. And I do stress more or less!

So given the extremely cheap prices we buy the hardware for, I'm not at all surprised things like manuals are the last item on the list of things for them to be concerned with, especially given the shared nature of manufacturing there. Most just wouldn't appreciate the point of a well written and translated manual for the end user.

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ian, again I note you have problems biasing your beliefs to the Chinese culture the vendors and many other excuses. After many years of reading and writing on this site one single item remains blatantly obvious as a serious concern for thousands of people. They want and need the technology to ,modernize, they find the item that appears to fit the need and believe the solution is cheap. It is delivered usually faulty or deficient in some way and they proceed to find a solution, as indicated by most of the traffic on this site for the many years. Regardless of the cultural, business, and pragmatic differences of the Chinese vendors, those doing the grunt, the actual shape or colour, the high pressure and a thousand other excuses, one fundamental detail is missing from your efforts. If you wish to sell into any market then what you are offering must be attractive to a person in that market and be fit for task. It is not some sort of trap set to catch the unwary. It is not unreasonable for a customer to be educated in the use and be provided with some sort of description as to just how the device can satisfy the need. I am puzzled as to why you continue to defend a problem that has plagued this site for many years. When you manufacture something then surely it is not unreasonable to give the purchaser a clue as to the working of it, especially when reliability is still a serious problem. I purchased a CNC router years ago and it did not work until I replaced the TB6560. I had absolutely no support from the manufacturer or the agent. Others on this site were also having problems and it was solved by other members contributions. That manufacturer still sells the TB6560 even though it is faulty and hundreds of customers gravitate to the likes of CNC zone to walk the well trodden path of many before. Learn a whole new career of mechanical, electrical, electronics, digital electronics, research desired products and those to avoid, create test procedures, learn software and software to avoid and much more. All this while setting up something purchased in good faith with no income and customers waiting. I say again and will continue to say to you. As a customer attracted for whatever reason to a device you offer for sale, I am entitled to know the detail of it's operation, some sort of support if needed, even a circuit diagram prior to purchase or with the purchase. This industry has a fundamental responsibility to mature to the task and weed out those non compliant.
    What you state is naive and supports a culture based strictly on money income without any responsibility.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re: Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router?

Hello,
    We received our 2 machines AKG6090 manufactured according to our specifications by AccTek 2 weeks ago and they are well done and works perfectly after some adjustments software. Performance and precision are at the rendezvous.
    The Hiwin HG20 linear guides lubricated on the 12 runners and the TBI 16x10 ball screws are mounted on a chassis in a heavy and rigid steel foundry.
    The gantry made of 30 mm aluminum sheet is very rigid and leaves a clear height of 270 mm.
    (Addition of bellows to be provided later on X and Z as well as the addition of a suction boot.)
    The 7Nm Nema 34 Leadshine engines easily move 6 meters per minute without loss of position.
    The big trips are spectacular ...
    Be careful not to go into the wall because it is the clash of the titans. I will probably add 3 limit switches to the 3 original Omron sensors.
    The XHC control box with USB interface works perfectly with Mach3 english version provided the PC is adapted.
    The 2200W spindle motor, water cooled, driven by a VFD allows a range of useful speeds from 5000 to 24000 rpm with still enough torque at the lower speed. To envisage in the 6 months, the replacement of the Chinese bearings by Europeans for a few tens of Euro.
    I have not yet tested the water coolant system but it will probably be replaced by a no fog model.
    The sheet metal recovery tank is watertight under the aluminum table and adjusted with the necessary slopes.
    All discrepancies from my original specification are most in our favor and all CNC visitors who have seen the machine have been favorably impressed. No more anxieties about conformity, imitations or hidden defects. The Chinese can do quality if they are not strangled at the price level. I will post pictures soon but I can already say Bravo to AccTek from Jinan. Http://www.acctekcnc.com/
    In short; Than happiness and relief from the uncertainties associated with a direct purchase from a supplier in a distant country.
    As expected, transit and customs fees have raised the bill but the total budget remains super interesting.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i plan to buy 2 mores cnc, already have a biesse rover S FT 1536... satisfied with this product but find it expensive ... i have contact Blue Elephant AccTek and OmniCNC... one cnc for woodworking and the other one for textile ... does someone have good (or bad) expereriences with theses company and can advice me for the cnc i am looking for ...

thanks folks !

Downloads
    Uploads

We have been working with our new router for about 2 months, its a OMNI 1530 ATC, it is very solid. The only problem I had was a defective valve for the vacumm table. We have been cutting 3/4in aluminum all day long. I highly recommend it

Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router?-20170515_083100-jpg

Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router?-20170515_083053-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chev55 View Post
    rocket67,yes being busy with my real job and waiting for it to arrive

Rose is who Ive being dealing with, shes away for a week (getting Married)and too the engineer that kept an eye on my production.Got to be good!!
    Looking at getting them over for a week to help us set up everything they way we need it (I think it will be money well spent,especially having met them)
    Will keep you informed.

Jinan K-flying Technology
    www.tk-cnc.com
    be carfull of this website link , its malware

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast