Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router? - Page 4

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Chinese router

It was XYZ Tech in Jinan (www.xyz-tech.com). My contact was Tony, who actually writes good English. Shipping docs where sent courier, so machine could be cleared through customes when it arrived - no problems on that score.

He also sent me good photos of the machine being built (I did ask though). They apparently moved into a new building with concrete floors etc. The factory looks fine on the photos.

I use a number of CAD/Cam packeages - Type3, CadLink (EngraveLab), Alibre, Camsoft, Kipware, BobCad/Cam V23 (most recent). Type3 (Chinese) is really a very powerfull package, but a old version (like about 3 versions behind) . I don't find it very buggy once one understands it. For the price it is really good, but not as easy and intuitive to use as say Engravelab (but again only a third of the price). Upgrading it is going to cost an arm and a leg (as in >$2,000) but is still half of Mastercam. I would consider these two to be in the same ballpark. Type3 (the latest version) seems to have some very nice machining stratagies and simulation features. One thing though, Mastercam/ArtCam service and support seems streets ahead of Type3 in North America.

You can get the machines in two control versions - DSP controller with different memory capacities and March3. Each has their good & bad points.

The 0609 router you see on their web site, is the machine they built for me.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Looking for Chinese made CNC router buying tips

Greetings Rocket!

I have read many of your posts in different topics on Cnczone forum, especially those about Chinese machines.

I live in Croatia in Europe and we have almost identical situation on the market of CNC machines, speaking from the users point of view. Furthermore, I will be free to say that we have even worse financial background than average Aussie, so we are forced to buy cheap.

I am going to buy smaller CNC router for cutting/engraving. It is going to be from China 98%, but I have seen some articles which shows bad products and I would like to avoid such experience. Of course, this might not be true, because article is found on the machine producer site:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ate.google.com

Rocket, can you tell me, from your own experience, is declared precision of Chinese made CNC routers real, or they are still not so precise. What precision is by your opinion satisfactory in woodworking or model making?

BTW, there is another "producer" from Germany who offers CNC routers by reasonable prices: http://www.cnc-technical.de/Index.html

IMO, those machines are Chinese made. Can you recognize them or just evaluate by photos? Is it possible to compare these machines with Jinan machines? Possibly, those are the same machines ...

Since I am a person who has no experience with such machines, any additional advice or tip for buying is appreciated.

Greetings from Croatia!

Tomica

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Buy with Confidence....... From Taney

G`day Tomica, Welcome to the Forum.

In December 2007 we took delivery of our first CNC Router from China. At the time we were complete newbies to the world of CNC Routers, and had many doubts. ie Would it be reliable? Could we operate it successfully? What if something goes wrong with it - how were we going to fix it? Would it give professional results?

Two and a half years have now gone by and i can categorically state that the decision to purchase our CNC Routers from China was one of our best business decisions we have made! They are money making machines!

They are very well built, and with proper care and maintenance are extremely reliable. Precision is excellent - as long as they are adjusted correctly, which is easy to do.

Kent - the man who recently bought our 1200 x 2400 CNC Router, bought the machine due to the precision. He has a contract to fit side screens made of perspex to Auto Teller machines. He brought a sheet of perspex to our factory and cut it on the machine to test the precision. He was blown away by how well and precise it cut.

But be careful about which business you buy it from. Time and again i see stories about machines bought from various suppliers and the machines are not up to scratch, or poor back up service.

Taney from Jinan Quick CNC Router Co supplies excellent machines and will back you up all the way after the sale.

I suggest you buy a standard machine with the DSP Control System. I have seen people order all different types of configurations eg Mach3, extended tables etc. They come unstuck because the Chinese suppliers are used to doing things in standard configuration and do not seem to have the expertise to do modifications on the machines. So keep it simple people!

If you are new to Cad/Cam programs, i suggest you check out the Vectric site and learn all about the Software before the machine arrives.

Which size of machine are you considering?

The German Link that you posted shows a photo of the Jinan Quick CNC Router.

Hope this helps you.

Rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

Tomica,

Looking at the pictures from the German CNC-Technical site, those are genuine Chinese machines. The pictures of the K-series machine, the oiler, the manifold, the tools, the clamps, the little box with carving bits, even the plastic container they present it in, EXACTLY the same as I got with my machine from Jinan J-Cut.

As you have read, I am EXTREMELY unhappy with my J-CUT machine. I have a lot of Chinese equipment in my workshop, Sieg Lathe and Mill, Allweld AC/DC Inverter Welder, Plasma Cutter, Metal Cold Bandsaw, Drill Press, all are good machines. But this J-CUT machine, it's no-good.

In defense of others, I've seen other Chinese manufacturers CNC machines, they are a 100% better than the machine I got. I'm still of the opinion there was some type of scam, the factory workers built my machine on the sideline, and pocketed the money themselves. It's finished really rough !!

So be carefull where you buy from. Good reports from Jinan Quick, bad reports from Jinan J-Cut

If it looks like dogpoo, if it feels like dogpoo, if it smells like dogpoo, IT's DOGPOO !!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    G`day Tomica, Welcome to the Forum.

If you are new to Cad/Cam programs, i suggest you check out the Vectric site and learn all about the Software before the machine arrives.

Which size of machine are you considering?

The German Link that you posted shows a photo of the Jinan Quick CNC Router.

Hope this helps you.

Rocket.

Hi, Rocket!

Thank you for so fast answer.

As I could understand from your and HobbyCADs post, there is significant difference in quality of machines produced by Jinan Quick and Jinan J-Cut.

For some newbie (like me), the producer name Jinan appears on two places and you can't easily note that slight difference.

Regarding software, I am familiar with CAD software like AutoCAD and Catia and some software for numerical analysis like I-DEAS and Fluent. I think that designing will be no problem for me. I have to learn only translation of geometry to G-code instructions (I guess?).
    I will take a look to a Vectric site to find what is that software about.

At the beginning, I consider buying the small machine 6100A or bigger 1212.

You mentioned Taney from Jinan Quick. Is his residence in China or Australia? I mean, can he manage export to Croatia, too?

Oh, I almost forgot to ask if you can explain me what is DSP Control System or its difference in comparison with Mach3?

Thanks again for your post!
    Cheers!

Tomica

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyCAD View Post
    Tomica,

Looking at the pictures from the German CNC-Technical site, those are genuine Chinese machines. The pictures of the K-series machine, the oiler, the manifold, the tools, the clamps, the little box with carving bits, even the plastic container they present it in, EXACTLY the same as I got with my machine from Jinan J-Cut....

...So be carefull where you buy from. Good reports from Jinan Quick, bad reports from Jinan J-Cut

If it looks like dogpoo, if it feels like dogpoo, if it smells like dogpoo, IT's DOGPOO !!

Hi HobbyCAD!

You made me smile with this last sentence! We have some similar saying in Croatia, but this one is so explicit and straightforward :-)

Thank you for the advice for buying. Till now, I didn't realize the slight difference in the producer name, but obviously big difference in quality.

I don't want to invoke your bad thoughts about Jinan J-Cut, but could you briefly mention what was wrong with that particular machine. I am total newbie in this domain and something what is essential, I can miss just like that :-)

Thank you for your answer and with every new post on CNC that I read, I can feel growing excitement inside me.

Cheers!
    Tomica

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Rocket, I am a newbie to cnc routers, etc. I am retired from writing business software and have a little auto lathe experience from yrs ago. A friend of mine has purchased a IEHK 1325 wood router direct from China and cannot get it to operate properly. The router came with a ENCS controller hand unit(RZNC 0401/0501), and UCANCAMV8 software. We can create jobs, and put them on a usb stick on the controller, but cannot control the tool height or lift the tool between jobs. Some other problems as well.
    Any suggestions on solving this? IEHK suggest using MACH3 and a parallel cable direct from PC to router eliminating the hand unit.

I am near Sydney but the router is in Grafton. I can travel to get info. etc..

Thanks, Bruce.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Brucem, Welcome to the Forum.

First thing i would suggest is to forget about the Ucanv8 Software and get Vectric V Carve Pro. Vectric have excellent support and also a user Forum.
    http://www.vectric.com/

Check out the Excitech Thread and look for a Thread called " How to operate the Excitech ". Is the Controller the same as the DSP Controller shown on that thread? Sounds like it could be.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62432

When you start your program - you need to set x/y zero point on the machine, followed by z zero.
    x/y zero tells the machine where the board is on the machine. It needs to be set first in the programming and then on the machine via the controller.It is normally bottom left of the board or dead centre.
    z zero tells the machine where the top of the board is ie which height to start cutting. To set z zero you bring the spindle down in bursts to just kiss the top of the material, then press the z zero button on the controller. Next you would send the gantry to the home position before starting the program.

Note that before the machine will do anything - you need to press the Home button everytime you start the machine.

I really think you should try to learn to operate the machine with the supplied controller before changing over to Mach3.

You may like to ring me at work on 08 82626888 Ask for Rod. I am there between 9.30 AM and 3.30 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Thank you

It is such a relief to get some knowledgable feedback and info.

I am near Sydney at the moment (Barrack Heights), but will be going to Grafton (where the machine is) next week.
    In the meantime I will get the Vectic V Carve Pro and learn how to get around it.

Yes it is the same controller, 0501 that we have. We have mucked around with the settings trying to understand it, so may talk to you about that when I am near the machine next week or so.

Judging by your reply, you seem confident that the machine is OK, and we just need to learn how to use it!

The machine looks good and seems to operate accurately.

Would it be possible to contact you weekends?

Thanks again,

Bruce

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Bruce,

Rocket is very knowledgable when it comes to CNC routers and he helped me out when I first got my Exitech. I was a complete newbie when I first started out and it was a big learning curve. Once you get the hang of your machine its just like riding a bike.

He is perfectly right when it comes to the software, Vectric software is fantastic and I been using Cut 3D for a few years now and it hasn't miss a beat.

Cheers,
    Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceh View Post
    It is such a relief to get some knowledgable feedback and info.

I am near Sydney at the moment (Barrack Heights), but will be going to Grafton (where the machine is) next week.
    In the meantime I will get the Vectic V Carve Pro and learn how to get around it.

Yes it is the same controller, 0501 that we have. We have mucked around with the settings trying to understand it, so may talk to you about that when I am near the machine next week or so.

Judging by your reply, you seem confident that the machine is OK, and we just need to learn how to use it!

The machine looks good and seems to operate accurately.

Would it be possible to contact you weekends?

Thanks again,

Bruce

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Simon, Good to see you post on the Forum. Hope the family are all well. How are you enjoying life as a dad?

Feel free to drop into work anytime. Don`t forget we are always happy to supply some scrap MDF if you can use it.

You know, i am really not that knowledgable with the CNC machines - yet. My education has been cut short by circumstances these last 6 or 7 months. But i do know how to get the machines up and running. Will be right back into it early next week on the 1500 x 3000 Quick machine at work.

Have been thinking about the learning curve that Bruce and Alisdair are facing with their new machines. Fact is there are no concise instructions on how to set up the machines. There are instructions on how to operate the DSP Controller, but they are not well written and are hard to absorb.

A possible solution is to start a new Thread Titled " How to Operate the Quick CNC Router and DSP Controller ". Will give it a go starting next week and try to organise it in a logical sequence.

In the meantime, is there somebody located in or near Sydney who would allow these chaps to come and have a look at their CNC Router with DSP Controller and give them a run down of the basics? They are both welcome to come to Adelaide and i can show them, but probably a long trip for them.

Bruce, You can contact me over the weekend on my mobile. The number is 0431 968 127, but i warn you that i sometimes leave it in the car. If i do not answer just leave a message and i will return your call.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rocket,

I appreciate your call for assistance in Sydney. Brisbane would be good as well - it is actually closer to Grafton, and I will spend some time up there.

Coming to Adel is not out of the question if need be, so thanks for the offer. One advantage of cheap flights! We will see what ensues.

Regards, Bruce

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyCAD View Post
    Tomica,

Looking at the pictures from the German CNC-Technical site, those are genuine Chinese machines. The pictures of the K-series machine, the oiler, the manifold, the tools, the clamps, the little box with carving bits, even the plastic container they present it in, EXACTLY the same as I got with my machine from Jinan J-Cut.

As you have read, I am EXTREMELY unhappy with my J-CUT machine. I have a lot of Chinese equipment in my workshop, Sieg Lathe and Mill, Allweld AC/DC Inverter Welder, Plasma Cutter, Metal Cold Bandsaw, Drill Press, all are good machines. But this J-CUT machine, it's no-good.

In defense of others, I've seen other Chinese manufacturers CNC machines, they are a 100% better than the machine I got. I'm still of the opinion there was some type of scam, the factory workers built my machine on the sideline, and pocketed the money themselves. It's finished really rough !!

So be carefull where you buy from. Good reports from Jinan Quick, bad reports from Jinan J-Cut

Yes thats true.

@Tomica
    Please stay away from this german importer.
    I bought mine (K35) from them two years ago.
    Good contact (lots of pie in the sky) till you have payd, then no Service. unanswered phones etc etc. Paid the new 501 DSP, never received.
    The worst, ive never seen such crap of a mounted Machine.
    Example: The gantry was 10mm out of angle mounted, many Screws where keyed up, 3 broken taps are still in the holes and and.....
    But: i would suggest, that these shouldnt be a negative criticism against the Chinese Producer.
    I didnt know what the importer has payd for. When he put down the allready cheap Producer Price, they have only one chance, to save at the Quality and Finish.
    I owm some Machines (one of these a CO2 Laser self imported) from China, and all of them are in well quality, for the payd Price already.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default So moral of the story is

like any other capitol equipment purchase. Find a manufacture with a good reputation. Don't look to low ball too much. Agree on a payment schedule that would be roughly 50% up front, 20 % to shipment, 20% when received, and 10% on acceptance. A good company will not have a problem with those terms. If they stand behind the product, it will work. If they do not, walk away knowing you have saved yourself a headache or two. This applies to any company, not just ones in China.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by W3Driver View Post
    Yes thats true.

@Tomica
    Please stay away from this german importer.
    I bought mine (K35) from them two years ago.
    Good contact (lots of pie in the sky) till you have payd, then no Service. unanswered phones etc etc. Paid the new 501 DSP, never received.
    The worst, ive never seen such crap of a mounted Machine.....

Hi W3Driver,

sorry to hear such thing happened with your machine.
    Are you from Europe since you ordered machine from Germany?

I already received offer from them. They responded very fast and were very kind on mail - almost lots of pie in the sky :-))).
    But, "their" machines cost more than machines from Quick CNC.

I'll be careful with choice of supplier.

Anyway, thank you for this information.

Best regards,

Tomica

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mmm172109 View Post
    Hi W3Driver,

sorry to hear such thing happened with your machine.
    Are you from Europe since you ordered machine from Germany?

I already received offer from them. They responded very fast and were very kind on mail - almost lots of pie in the sky :-))).
    But, "their" machines cost more than machines from Quick CNC.

I'll be careful with choice of supplier.

Anyway, thank you for this information.

Best regards,

Tomica
    Hello Tomica
    Yes, im at home in Switzerland, and this was my nearest Distributor, in the meaning/hope, to have after buy Service.
    The Answers gives his Girlfriend, he isnt well speaking (like me) in english Language.
    In this/your Situation, i would made the deal with the chinese yourself. You can have the better Service, but longer Distances, with Airmail (and good online Service, as Rocket, and many here)=no Probs.
    My self imported Laser from China to Europe, came via Port (Triest, the Forwarder was in Slowenia, Sezana, UCL Boxline) on the Road with Truck 6Weeks, without any Trouble,
    Transport insurance and door to door Service was nearly 2000$, its worth for me, and you have no trouble with Papers and all this things.
    Good look in your decision
    Toni

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by W3Driver View Post
    Hello Tomica
    Yes, im at home in Switzerland, and this was my nearest Distributor, in the meaning/hope, to have after buy Service....

Good look in your decision
    Toni

Hi Toni,

we are quite close to each other if we consider people from Australia :-)

Thank you again for your response and your experience.
    I live in Rijeka, which is marine port and cost for delivery from China is under 500$. Hopefully, ship is still the cheapest way of transport.

When I purchase the machine, I will open an new thread on this forum and will inform about progress.

Tomica

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Nightmare goes on

Hi, everyone

Almost a year ago,I bought Chinese made router from Excitech.
    Mr Zhang Jerry Excitech's international sales manager was my contact.
    I ordered small 1200x1200 table router model No. SHM1212.(That's what I payed for ! )
    This machine is not listed in their web site but I needed high gantry model (around 200mm) so Jerry suggested this model because of it's 220mm gantry height and strong gear transmission XY axis.
    I placed an order in late August 2009 and the machine was delivered in Sydney mid November.
    When I opened the wooden crate I found the wrong model machine SHG1212.
    SHG1212 has same size table but it's a ball screw transmission XYZ axis and low 120mm gantry height.
    I contacted Jerry and he promised to replace the machine.
    Since then I have sent a lots of emails to him asking for the new machine. He guaranteed to solve this problem. But the wrong model machine is still here.
    After sending him hundreds of emails. Excitech failed to replaced the machine but I have received a following email from Jerry on Th of May 2010.
    ================================================== ========

I expained to our boss already. He agreed the compensation to you and feel sorry for the mistake. But he asked if the compensation can be less because this is only cheap machine. If you can accpet no more than $xxxxx. as compensation, our financial dept. can remit to you soon.

Pls consider and advise your decision. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Jerry

Sales Manager
    Jinan Singhui CNC Technology Co,Ltd(EXCITECH)
    Add: Rm418, Zhongtai Building, Dongguan Street No.5,
    Jinan city, Shandong Province, China
    Tel:+86-531-86569898
    Fax:+86-531-86985868
    Mobile:+86-18653131750
    Email:export@sh-cnc.com
    MSN/Email:jerry2311@hotmail.com

================================================== ========

After waiting for his promise to be delivered for 8 month. I had to give up my hope and I had to take this offer.
    I've accepted this and have sent him my bank details following day.
    It's been more than 2 months since I have received his last email.
    Jerry is not responding to my email and nothing has been sent to my bank account from China.

My intention of telling this story to the forum members is to alert buyers to the potential risk. Excitech has proven to be untrustworthy, and Jerry has lied constantly and made false promises to delay matters.
    Before I placed the order with Excitech I read all the Excitech threads in this forum and I found a lots of positive comments.
    (That was just before Taney left Excitech)
    So I thought it was safe buying from Excitech. Apparently Not!

I don't think all the Chinese CNC manufactures are the same as Excitech.
    But buyer should aware of possible risk buying from China.( not just China but any foreign country)
    Most Chinese company only offer T/T payment in advance.
    But I think all the Chinese companies should provide us a safer payment option. PayPal, credit card...etc
    In another words we shouldn't buy products from over seas unless they give us safe and fair payment method.

Now I'm waiting for Excitech to send me compensation money.
    I hope that by exposing this issue with Excitech to forum members, Excitech and Jerry will have second thoughts and decide to do the right thing. Should they decide to fix the issue promptly I will report back to the forum and inform members.

Downloads
    Uploads

It has been a while since I've reported my problem with Excitech in this thread.
    I keep sending him E-mails but had no luck.
    Somehow I don't get any comments from the forum member either.

Is there anything I can do to solve this issue?
    We(Australian) have a government department called " office of fair trading "to help people out like me within Australia.
    Is there any government institution like "fair trading" exist in China?

So is this it ? If something goes wrong with Chinese company we have no power to solve it ? right ?
    Am I a unlucky person who just bought the wrong product from wrong company's wrong salesperson in wrong timing?

Any advise or comment will be appreciated.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi bananafish, I did not reply to your post for one reason. Because i thought it was better to leave your post as the last one in the Thread, therefore the first post that people come across.

I think the regulars here know of my disdain for Exitec after they failed to supply what i paid for. I hope Karma catches up with them.

At the risk of sounding like a worn out recording, i say to potential buyers

In my opinion,If you want to buy a CNC Router from China deal with somebody you can trust. Time and again Taney at Jinan Quick CNC Router Co. has proven to be this person.

bananafish, i believe there is a trade commission in China who deals with these sort of problems. Maybe do a Google search and try to contact them.

Rocket.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast