Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router? - Page 2

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you glad to have bought a Chinese made CNC Router?

Downloads
    Uploads

Don't compare prices of a machine with a Italian spindle and a tool changer with a machine that has a china spindle and no tool changer.
    Any machine with a full Toolchanger is a professional built and much more expensive than basic cnc router.

I bet it you buy a basic 1200 x 2400 domestic with No spindle you can get a machine for a under $18K. Then add a cheap spindle to it if thats what you prefer.

You know that a china spindle won't last very long compared to a Colombo or HSD or even a Portercable
    I've been called to fix china machines here in canada with those china inverters and the best thing to do is pull it off toss it. Then put a japanese inverter that are about the same price.

Why are labour cost so high there. Are they all union? I pay about $14/hour in my shop.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Larken View Post
    Don't compare prices of a machine with a Italian spindle and a tool changer with a machine that has a china spindle and no tool changer.
    Any machine with a full Toolchanger is a professional built and much more expensive than basic cnc router.

I bet it you buy a basic 1200 x 2400 domestic with No spindle you can get a machine for a under $18K. Then add a cheap spindle to it if thats what you prefer.

You know that a china spindle won't last very long compared to a Colombo or HSD or even a Portercable
    I've been called to fix china machines here in canada with those china inverters and the best thing to do is pull it off toss it. Then put a japanese inverter that are about the same price.

Why are labour cost so high there. Are they all union? I pay about $14/hour in my shop.

Your inference that Chinese machines are inferior is way off the mark!

" Quote -Don't compare prices of a machine with a Italian spindle and a tool changer with a machine that has a china spindle and no tool changer.
    Any machine with a full Toolchanger is a professional built and much more expensive than basic cnc router." End Quote.

As i stated previously - Our first machine purchased has a HSD Spindle. It is a 1500 x 3000 machine with Manual Tool Changer and cost us $20,000 landed. Bargain in my book!!! We have had it in operation for near on 2 years. It is an absolute ripper, RELIABLE machine!

Why would i want to pay $18,000 for a 1200 x 2400 machine without a Spindle? I can buy a 1200 x 2400 machine with a Spindle for under $10,000 Landed and in our workshop. ( and i did just that! )

You bung crap on the Chinese inverters - yet they are either Delta or Fuling brand. You probably use the same ones on USA manufactured machines.

Labour costs are so high here due to the greed that exists in our Western Societies. Probably a result of the Union movement. The same greed that has Websites built by a professional here for $2,500 -$3,000 when you can get one built by an Indian for $200. I doubt that a skilled person here would get out of bed in the morning for $14 per hour.

Anyway, i do not wish to argue with you. I would rather buy local myself if the price is reasonable.

But i can confirm that the Chinese machines that i have bought are very strong machines, extremely well built and incredible value for money!

FWIW, a 1300 x 2500 CNC Router with 8 piece Carousel Tool changer, Yaskawa Servo Motor, Vacuum Table and Pump is USD $25,000.

Rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rocket.
    www.kk-cnc.com
    Contact - Rick rickcarter@live.cn

Why is your signature a chinese website ?
    So you are a dealer or are you in China ?? Are you really in Austraila ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Aussie Born and Bred

Rocket.
    www.kk-cnc.com

Hi Larken, I am just a very happy owner of 4 Chinese manufactured CNC Routers.

The Quick CNC Website in my sig is to provide an easy reference to anybody wanting a quote on a Quick CNC Router. The contact name is Rick in the International Sales Department.

I am not a Dealer and i have never received any monetary gain for promoting these machines.

My purpose is simply to advise those people interested in buying their own machine that it is possible to buy at very low prices from China. IMO these people would not be buying an Aussie made machine because they are simply too expensive for the majority of us.

Regards.

Rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

Larken,

We fired up Sky Gazer's 1836 machine on Saturday. We marker taped up some positions on the axis, I jogged the axis around violently, up, down, fast slow, then auto homed it. It returned SPOT ON every time, not bad for a "Chinese" machine !!

As Rocket67 said, they are worth their money, many times over !!!! Don't generalise Chinese equipment, my compact AC/DC TIG welder pisses on the Miller at work, not bad for a "Chinese" product as well !!

Downloads
    Uploads

We fired up Sky Gazer's 1836 machine on Saturday. We marker taped up some positions on the axis, I jogged the axis around violently, up, down, fast slow, then auto homed it. It returned SPOT ON every time, not bad for a "Chinese" machine !!
    Well i should hope so.. no one would want a brand new machine that looses steps.

I never said that chinese router tables were no good. But i don't have much faith in their spindles and spindle drives and i've seen them crap out.

I'm in auto racing as well and 25% of the Chinese Garret turbo clones fail !! There are tonnes of them on Ebay and they just don't last. Its a gamble whether the shaft will break or not. When it comes to high rpm precision parts, the chinese have a long way to go.

Downloads
    Uploads

and 25% of the Chinese Garret turbo clones fail !!
    ..and so does 25% of the original Garrets fail !!!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Rocket.
    www.kk-cnc.com

Hi Larken,

Rod (Rocket) is indeed in South Australia and has no affiliation with any company. He just relaying his positive experiences with the Chinese machines.
    Rod has helped me no end understand all the in`s and outs of CNC, he`s spent a few hours via email helping out a total newbie like myself.
    I`ve found him to be one of the most generous guys you`d ever come across with his time.

I`ve been looking locally here in Australia also, the cheapest i can find a 1220 x 2440 (8x4) machine here with no vaccum table, and no auto tool change is $48 000. To add a vacuum table/pump is in excess of $10 000.

I can land a slightly larger chinese machine here and add an italian air cooled spindle to the order if need be for approx $15 000 landed here. This includes a vaccum pump and table whereas the local machine doesnt.

I`d much rather buy locally and support our local economy, but i cant justify spending $35-45 grand more to go with a locally made machine. Even if money wasnt an issue i`d still have a hard time justifying the extra expense.

I know there`s a lot of skepticism on the chinese machines, but when you live down here and your looking at these price differences, well it becomes very clear there are 3 choices.

You can build your own machine provided you have the time and knowledge (i have neither of those )

You can buy a locally made or US made machine for around $50-60 grand

Or you can go with a chinese machine for $15000 (i cant even buy a panel saw down here for that much) and save $35-45 grand.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default aussie rotor

G'day Mate ow yer goin? Fellow Mexicans from New South Wales.You blokes ever heard of...
    http://www.mechmate.com/
    If it were me ild be bittchen,ropeable fair dinkum at the Chow.Howz about
    another slab of Tsingtao's?Cheap amber,cheap rotor,life is good.Excuse me english not werry well.

Hop sing

L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

Rocket.
    www.kk-cnc.com

Larken,

I can only say, you haven't got acquainted with Rocket and the experience people here with Chinese CNC routers in the past 3 years in this forum. Rocket is the first group of persons in Australia to try tomato. The only thing he was doing is to help the others in an effective way without walking around. Have Chinese machines been your threat? Take care dude..

Last edited by Rick Carter; 12-21-2009 at 12:08 AM. Reason: lol

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry My last ever post on the Excitech Threads.
    Sadly, I agree with what has been written in the last couple of posts.
    Today we received a package from Excitech. it contained a new DSP cable, a replacement switch and ONE USB Stick.
    While i do thank them for sending the cable and the switch ( it must be noted that i had offered to pay for them SIX MONTHS AGO ) only to be informed that payment was not required. But six months to wait - come on guys - lift your game!
    I sent $124 to them approximately six weeks ago as payment for 12 USB sticks. I Received just ONE.
    Excitech - Do not bother to send me any Emails claiming it was a mistake, i am not interested in discussing anything further with you - and keep my money - you obviously need it more than i do.
    It is so unfortunate that you have destroyed all the goodwill that had been built up over several years. How dare you treat your customers in this manner.

Rocket.

-------------------------------
    On another note.. there seems to be a lot of problems/ complaints about the DSP controller. If anyone would like to send one to me (larkencnc.com) i would like to build a compatible replacement board that will plug in. And no, i'm not interested in copying it, i just want to see the connections so i can make installation easy. Anyway like most chinese electronics they have erased the part#s.

I can trade a my new Breakout board for Mach 3 for the DSP board.

I already have a nice little controller called StarCam that is easy to use and i'm making a newer USB version so i may be able to make it pin compatible.

Larry Kenny
    Larken Automation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default about rocket

hi larken,

i am one of the people that will defend rocket at any time. the guy is genuine and has contributed positively to the lives of different people through his contributions on this forum.

how can i waste so much money on an american or european made machine when i can buy 2 better built chinese machines with the same amount. i have an excitech shms1325c with tool changer, it is a perfect machine for my job, very strong and efficient and never tired. we run it about 6 to 8 hours a day making MDF doors, from our calculations, it should pay for itself in another 3 to 4 months from now. it is coping inspite of our big orders for mdf doors for kitchens and wardrobes. an american built machine might not do better.

my friend once critisized my chinese machines, and he found out that his laptop he was holding was made in china, his mobile phone was made in china and even the designer shirt he was wearing was also made in china, since then , he left my chinese equipment alone. my vacuum press, edgebanding machine, borer, beam saw, cnc machine were all made in china. we have had them for a while and they have never broken down inspite of our busy production schedules, and soon all of them will pay for themselves, what else do i need. i live in a third world country and dont have money to waste.

priestwood

Last edited by priestwood; 12-21-2009 at 02:41 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry The Router is excellent - The service is crap!

You don't sound too happy about your Chinese router here, what gives ??

-------------------------------
    On another note.. there seems to be a lot of problems/ complaints about the DSP controller. If anyone would like to send one to me (larkencnc.com) i would like to build a compatible replacement board that will plug in. And no, i'm not interested in copying it, i just want to see the connections so i can make installation easy. Anyway like most chinese electronics they have erased the part#s.

I can trade a my new Breakout board for Mach 3 for the DSP board.

I already have a nice little controller called StarCam that is easy to use and i'm making a newer USB version so i may be able to make it pin compatible.

Larry Kenny
    Larken Automation
    Larry, Excit... are pissed off with me because our new machines came from Quick CNC Router Co. I had sent Excit... $134USD for 12 suitable USB sticks. They sent one! A bit of payback i think.

My decision to go with Quick CNC Router Co. has proven to be a wise choice. The machines are superb. I have dealt with Taney for the last 3 years and he always answers Emails promptly. I consider him a good friend. His offsider Rick is also a helpful and accomodating person.

The DSP System is OK as long as the breakout board is well protected, but at some stage we may convert to Mach3. I will check out your Website and find out a bit about your controller.

As you will be aware by now, the Chinese machines have a lot of respect among the members here. They really are well built.

HobbyCAD, BradMc, Igalla, Rick, Priestwood Thanks for posting about your positive experiences.

Wherever you all are in the World - Have a very Merry Xmas and drink plenty of Tsingtaos, Buds, Crownies.

Rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, i'm not here to slam china machines or the people who sell them. My question was why so many people in Australia are buying them.

Here in Canada its fricken cold 5 months out of the year ,and we have huge heating bills and the cost of food is very high as well, but i don't know anyone who makes $30 /hour other than union people. The minimum wage is $8.50 and plenty of young lads will work in shops for $10.

I don't find China machines have made much of an impact over here since there are lots of 4x8 routers for under $20k and the china ones i've seen don't have a very good reputation.

Anyone heard of this guy in nz? he has been a long time customer of mine
    http://www.doughtydrive.com/products.html

Larry K

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok, i'm not here to slam china machines or the people who sell them. My question was why so many people in Australia are buying them.
    Other than following rockets (and others) threads on the subject, I have no knowledge of Chinese CNC equipment. However all my home workshop equipment is of Chinese origin and I think it's for the same reason that people have been buying Chinese CNC - value for money. It's hard to justify buying something at twice the price when it offers very few advantages.
    Here in Canada its fricken cold 5 months out of the year ,and we have huge heating bills and the cost of food is very high as well, but i don't know anyone who makes $30 /hour other than union people. The minimum wage is $8.50 and plenty of young lads will work in shops for $10.
    I guess we miss out on the cold so we save on the heating bills .
    FWIW, minimum hourly wage in Australia is currently $A14.31. $A543.78 for a 38 hour week.

Regards
    Geoff

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't find China machines have made much of an impact over here since there are lots of 4x8 routers for under $20k and the china ones i've seen don't have a very good reputation.

Anyone heard of this guy in nz? he has been a long time customer of mine
    http://www.doughtydrive.com/products.html

Larry K
    Larry. I'm also a machine maker in asia. Our labour cost here at least 3 time lower than yours.
    After calculate all the material cost & labour cost to build a cnc router, I had decide to buy the machine from China and sell here. The facts is we can't beat them, my material cost and labour cost is higher than the price of machine they sell to me. This is not including the cost for R & D and improvement.
    As what I know, they can sell cheap because they have grant from their government for every export machine. The grant are enough for them as profit.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dear mates, thank u all. since longtime i'd bite my nail and read interesting post of experience about cnc and laser machines . Mostly i preferred chinese machines for their affordable price and tested all good compliments frm this forum. Thank u Rocket, for express ur positive experience about machines as a satisfied user.Buying a machine is a good invest i know but without experience or operating knowledge isn't few difficult?
    Last three years (A lots of hours, non sleep nights almost) i'd research for cnc and laser machine at net, books. But as a very newly introduced tech at our country i expect little much concentration about promotional activities or education etc. whatever, in this long journey i meet a lot of wise person, learned friends and they enrich my knowledge, still even, But now i want to execution my few knowledge and dream by purchasing a sample machine from china ( i stated why?). One major issue that i face most of chinese comp accept only L/C but our country do not allow T/T as an import payment method.
    Rocket, as i havn't even any cnc i was in touch with excitech earlier (As like u) but few greedy non professional behave of li maxri (may b manager) keep me fade up and i consider to buy machines from jinan quick (As like u boss). If they serve good support we are preparing to be an agent of their machines at Bangladesh.

we have experience of selling of woodworking machine like planner, Thicknesser, moulder and panel saw. we also own a popular wooden door manufacturer here with full equiped with those kind automation. Wish i'll b post every detail of contacting with Taney. As well as be a happy user and member of this cute forum.
    Rocket, K6100 A isn't a good choice for woodworking as i want at least start the journey and worth my madness and uncounted time.
    ------------------Nirjhor

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Excitech cnc

Great reading haven't got much work done but has being real interesting reading the different comments.
    My situation is I'm down to 3 quotes from china on our first cnc machine.
    We are looking at a 1500x3000x250 with ATC ,boring machine and Rotary.
    Prices seem to be very close Excitech have come back the lowest and also say they will throw in the shipping to NZ.
    Have read about the shipping dramas and can watch for that my problem is now the comments about Excitech and by all accounts their down hill climb.
    Would appreciate any feed back and really suggestions for the best company to deal with.
    This is a big investment for our small company and really don't what to be ripped
    Appreciate any help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Greetings fellas and welcome to the Forum.

In my opinion the Chinese machines are very similar to each other in build quality. Not much difference between our Excitech and Quick CNC Routers.

But there is a MAJOR difference in after sales service. Taney from Jinan Quick CNC Router Co has proven time and again over the last couple of years that he is our " Man on the ground " in China. Unlike another business - Taney will always answer Emails and help you after you receive the machine. This is a most important fact.

Only you can make the call for yourself. I know where my money would be going!

As far as Excit... throwing in the Shipping, i would have extreme reservations!! Speak with a Customs Broker Receiver in your area and get a ball park figure for the Shipping and Receiving costs, then you can organise it with your own man ( or woman ). They have already proven to me that they do not keep their word.

All the best.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello Rocket and other. I'm new on cnc. Taney offered me frm his database may b. but whn i replied with some query he's not responding.I m still waitin fr those ans. May b he's much busy2 reply (good excuse) but I want2 make decision early about purchase cnc machine (small bedsize) k6100. wish i could execution my huge huge spending hours to reading and surfing about cnc and laser machine. I decided to buy frm china. pls Taney dont make it complicated

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast