Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases - Page 3

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Rod,

No worries, its was just a sample file from Cut3D when we were testing my G-code.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket67 View Post
    Hey Simon, i was told that you were the one who cut the big leaf on the router the other day. Sorry mate i was told initially that it was Matty Zee and Ramon.

Great work!

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up More progress today

Did some more work on getting the 1200 x 2400 ready today. This machine has a 3KW Water Cooled Spindle. These Spindles only require a flow rate of about 60 litres per hour, so a fountain pump is supplied to circulate the water.

I wanted to ensure that there was absolutely no chance of somebody knocking over a bucket of water near the machine. So we built a shelf unit 1000mm wide x 750mm high and used a jigsaw to cut out the top in order to recess the buckets into the shelf unit - thus avoiding any chance of the bucket of water being knocked over. Tried to be clever by recessing 2 buckets into the top to use the same shelf unit for both machines, but found out when i went to connect them that the hose was not long enough. Do not want any more joins than necessary, now we need to make a second unit for the small machine.

The hose for the pump is only 5 or 6 mm in diameter, so i had to search for a reducer to connect the hose to the fountain pump. Finally found them in a hydroponics shop. Drilled some holes in the lid of the bucket for the hoses to run through as i had to make sure that MDF dust does not get into the water. Tried it out and it works like a charm.

Next it was time to secure the DSP cable to the machine. Cannot have anybody tripping over the cable and bending the pins. So this job is a must before running the machine.

Here are some photos -

Rocket

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02508-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02500-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02502-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02507-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02491-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02493-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02496-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02505-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

roc in the US we call cable security "STRESS RELIEF"

crank em up!!

jim

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know im a buggy bastard but any news about the bed and it running

Good or bad

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up It is FanBloodyTastic!!!!! Yeah Baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blue^ray View Post
    I know im a buggy bastard but any news about the bed and it running

Good or bad
    The Electrician came on Thursday to finish connecting the machine. When we tested it - it would only move toward the home position on the Y Axis (length). Had absolutely no idea what was wrong. Everything else tested OK.

Matty Zee ( forum member and friend ) came over yesterday with his MultiMeter and tested the wiring. All good. Next he swapped the X axis wires with the Y Axis wires. The Y axis was then Ok, problem was transferred to the X axis. So he figured the problem was in the Breakout Board. I contacted the manufacturer in China and they immediately put another Breakout Board on Express Air freight.

Matty took the Breakout board home last night to see if he could find a problem. Eureka!!! With the board under magnification he could see a bent pin in the connector.

Turns out the Electrician bent the pin when he fitted it inside the control box. Matt came down with his lovely wife and daughter this morning and refitted the board. I am happy to say it is now working as it should. He is a very clever person and i am proud to know him. Thankyou Matt!!!

Busy in the shop for the next couple of hours -but will take and post some photos in a couple of hours.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up All Good

After a couple of harrowing days it is great to feel such relief.

Bottom line is Jinan Quick CNC Router Co. did an excellent job in making and sending the three CNC Routers. We are the ones who messed it up.
    So thankyou Rick and all the team at Quick.

Here are some photos of the 1500 x 3000 machine and Ramon taking the gantry for a drive.

I am off to the pub for a few celebratory Crownies.

Rocket.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02511-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02512-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02513-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02515-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02516-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02517-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02525-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02523-jpg  

Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02519-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02522-jpg   Jinan Quick CNC Router Purchases-dsc02521-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Quick CNC say a big thankyou to Matty Zee

Matt , i have received an Email from Quick CNC requesting that i pass on their thanks and profound gratitude to you for diagnosing and fixing the machine. I second that.

They were absolutely perplexed at the problem - as they had tested the machines and pump very carefully before packing them for the trip.

In my opinion - a good test of any business is their reaction to a problem after the money has been handed over. Jinan Quick CNC stood up and took notice - and action - by sending the replacement part upon request.
    I have decided that we will pay for the part that is on it`s way. Can only be a good thing to have spares on hand.

Here are a couple of Videos of their new machines -

Rocket.

Downloads
    Uploads

No worries Rocket. Glad to help. Those are some great machines you have there.

P.S. I've posted some pics of my new machine here. Enjoy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Sure did enjoy them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matty Zee View Post
    No worries Rocket. Glad to help. Those are some great machines you have there.

P.S. I've posted some pics of my new machine here. Enjoy
    Sensational machine Matt. Very strong and extremely well Engineered.

We can both soon get to the next phase of seeing what we can make with them.

Rocket.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default great machines

hello rocket,

great machines you have there. the chinese machines are very strong and well built, i also have a syntec controlled excitec SHMS1325C with tool changer - a well built machine. the only problem is not the machines but the instruction manuals , i expect that by now the chinese would have written good english instruction manuals for there machines. though my machine is extremly well built, i have problems using it, infact i am thinking about buying another machine but with DSP control this time.

can Jim also confirm if Vcarve pro and cabinet parts pro can be configured (post processor) to work with excitec SHMS1325C.

i am looking forward to seeing the pictures of your poducts on this post.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Priestwood, Good to hear from you.

It is unfortunate that you have not been able to completely come to terms with the Syntec controller. Are you saying that you are considering buying another machine purely because of this?

I agree that the Chinese Instruction Manuals are nowhere near as good as they could be. Hopefully someone over there will realise this and employ a translator to help make some. But then again - too many added costs could push the prices up.

Our DSP Controller does all that we need it to. Keeping it simple is sometimes a good thing.

The Post Processor that we use for V Carve Pro is G Code arcs (mm ) (.tap).

Priestwood, I have just been looking through the Syntec Users Thread and came across a post where a business in Indonesia offer training courses on the Syntec Controllers. Would this be an option to help you through the learning curve?
    Details at this website www.cncindonesia.com The contact is a Mr. Farkhan

We plan to post plenty of photos of our work on this thread, and also the full range of DSP operations.

Rocket.

Last edited by rocket67; 08-16-2009 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Additional info

Downloads
    Uploads

the best way i have found is to process parts in casbinetpartspro and save dxf then import into vcarve for tool pathing!! cpp was designed for shopbot table layout and can confuse some people but is actually very easy to use

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    ........ cpp was designed for shopbot table layout and can confuse some people but is actually very easy to use

jim
    You are quite right there. Count me among those confused. My jobs are 99.99 % metric so why can I enter various parameters in mm and but entering 10 for part spacing it becomes 10 inches. One must enter 0.5 (inches), for example, for a 12.5 mm part spacing. One can modify the settings and brands of drawers slides but you can't change from the single-hole cam connector to a different type.

Ryan Patterson seems helpful to get things sorted out but I think I am going to be stuck with a software that is not going to be used. One guy here told me already that he won't be using CPP.

So far it's much faster to use a CAD program for the design and import DXF into Aspire.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by priestwood View Post
    hello rocket,

great machines you have there. the chinese machines are very strong and well built, i also have a syntec controlled excitec SHMS1325C with tool changer - a well built machine. the only problem is not the machines but the instruction manuals , i expect that by now the chinese would have written good english instruction manuals for there machines. though my machine is extremly well built, i have problems using it, infact i am thinking about buying another machine but with DSP control this time.

can Jim also confirm if Vcarve pro and cabinet parts pro can be configured (post processor) to work with excitec SHMS1325C.

Hello Priestwood,

why dont you try to sue Type 3 software,I know Syntec and EXCITECH machines, I think you can use Type3, and Artcam as well.

If you want to buy newmachines with DSP, Please check Roctech website

Roctech
    -----------------------------------
    www.roc-tech.net

Downloads
    Uploads

roc artcam cost 10.000$ aspire cost 2.000$ aspire was written by the creators of artcam

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Arrow Vcarve's postprocessor

Quote Originally Posted by priestwood View Post
    hello rocket,

Priestwood,

I guess the SYNTEC controller should be compatible with Vcarve pro, only you need a special Vcarve's postprocessor, normally the software supplier could make it according to serveral standard G code files which already made by some other compatible designing softwares by their beginning and end, I can send you those standard G' files if you need, but you need a programer to write the postprocessor.

Rick

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    roc artcam cost 10.000$ aspire cost 2.000$ aspire was written by the creators of artcam
    Thank you.

But Type3 just need 200USD, though it is version 4.3, but it is capable for cabinet using.

Just because they release new version TE2008, they dont care too much about the sale of 4.3. but it realy good.

Roctech
    ------------------------------
    www.roc-tech.net

Downloads
    Uploads

roc, type 3 was a waste of time and i gave mine away.

for the vectric pp there is this done by the vectric fellows

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6213

jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi Rocket,
    you reply was instant, thank you.
    we want to start making our own MDF doors for kitchens and wardrobes, all the other machines are already waiting for about 7 months now except the CNC router, for this reason , it is better to get another machine than to keep all the other machines waiting indefinately, another alternative we are looking at is to fly in someone from excitec to set the machine up, but i dont know if they will agree to this arrangement. i believe we have touched alot of things in the syntec ontroller and it needs to be reset to default positions. at the moment , we crashed the y-axis into the stoppers, the impact was so much that it broke the 4 bolts holding the 2 stoppers, the gantry almost fell off , unfortunately the 2 hiwin guides in front came out of the rails and the bearings fell off. we need to replace the 2 hiwin guides although excitec has sent them to us free of charge and we are expecting to get them in a few days time. i have written the indonesians twice and did not get any reply. i will be willing to pay them to put us through. thank you for the advise.

I believe what Roc said, we practised the type 3 software. The CAD in type 3 is powerful, and straight (not easy) to use, it has a lot of functions like AutoCAD and I will say it is good, but still far more difficult to use than the Vcarve and ArtCAM. The biggest problem of type 3 is the CAM aspect of it. We are leaving all options open and have not decided on the CAD/CAM software we will use though 10,000 USD software is not cheap. We are also looking at the cabinet parts pro but we are also very confused about it.

Rick, thank you for your advise, I will be very grateful if you send the G files as you said . we will also try Jim's advice and see if it will works- THANK YOU JIM.

priestwood

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Rocket, do you have further info about the auto lubrication system?

My Maxicam 1325 is supposed to have it but factory forgot. I have a couple of containers coming from China so Maxicam sent it to one of my suppliers for furtherance in coming shipment. However, I only have a vague idea as to how it might work. More of a guess really. Can you give me a condensed description?

I have not been able to fire-up the 1325 (uncrated since May) because I couldn't get a rotary phase converter locally and had to have one shipped from the States. Only got that last week and now it's waiting for the electrician.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast