Newbie cad/cam for omio CNC

Thread: cad/cam for omio CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default cad/cam for omio CNC

Hi, looking for suggestions on cad/cam software for Omiocnc, we just purchased one so far works good but there's quite a few, just want to get an idea of what people are using.
    Thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: cad/cam for omio CNC

I have been trying to use an Omio X8 with basically a rebadged DreamCNC controller. I am also wondering if anyone has had found a free CAM software with a compatible post processor. Fusion 360 will SOMETIMES work. it depends on the settings, i think. and I've found the controller will not accept an O-line, particularly at the start of the code just naming the file.

I'd like to hear from others if theres something better or more consistently successful. It has been a very frustrating experience with this Omio X8.

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi nice to see someone else it using an Omio X8-2200, so far i've resolved my own issue. I found fusion 360 which is awesome for what i need, i was able to find a generic post processor. So far with the EPL-4F controller everything works good i see alot of G17 and G18 switching but that could just be in the way i've been programming. Also with the orange box i've requested more info from Omio on what G-codes it utilizes, for all i know it ignores G17,G18. Support so far has been blah, which i kind of expected from other post and reviews on the internet. I will post more information about the post processor when i get to my work computer, all the info is there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericm541 View Post
    Hi nice to see someone else it using an Omio X8-2200, so far i've resolved my own issue. I found fusion 360 which is awesome for what i need, i was able to find a generic post processor. So far with the EPL-4F controller everything works good i see alot of G17 and G18 switching but that could just be in the way i've been programming. Also with the orange box i've requested more info from Omio on what G-codes it utilizes, for all i know it ignores G17,G18. Support so far has been blah, which i kind of expected from other post and reviews on the internet. I will post more information about the post processor when i get to my work computer, all the info is there.
    Yeah I have the orange box too.

I think the g18 are from helical drilling turned on. So that hasn't worked for you either. Ok.

Did you try adaptive clearing?

I'm interested in learning more of what g codes it doesn't accept as well. Part of this frustration is the lack of documentation. It'd be nice to confirm things with other users like you.

Downloads
    Uploads

I only see the G18 switching when doing 3D contours other than that it has a G17 once. Here's the link to the generic post processor i found. I was about to start learning how to make post processors, tried alot on autodesk website. It was created by someone else who has the EPL-4F controller.

https://github.com/MarkHedleyJones/O...-Postprocessor

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, another question. Have found the router prefers g2 and g3 curves with r values, and just not interpret I and j values correctly?