Problem New Omio X8-2200L-USB won't work

Thread: New Omio X8-2200L-USB won't work

Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Omio X8-2200L-USB won't work

I purchased a Omio X8-2200L-USB some weeks ago and can't get it working. I have installed Mach as described in the manual, everything is correct connected, control box is alive but nothing moves. The steppers locks but I can't get them to move at all. Tried to uninstall Mach, remove the folder and install again, then install on another computer. The first was with Windows 10 64-bit and USB 2.0, the other Windows 7 64-bit also with USB 2.0.

I click the flashing reset button and the values are counting when I press the buttons. The emergency stop button on the control box is disabled. Checked connections, restarted, unplugged and plugged in USB several times.

So any suggestions?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Omio X8-2200L-USB won't work

I'm not that experienced but I'll have a go....
    Did you get a 'Quickstart' document with the router? If you did, that should get you up and running.
    Do you need a plugin for the USB card? ( if you do it will be an '.ini' file ). My X61500GT does. Not sure what the X6-2200L uses.
    It sounds like Mach 3 is doing its job. Its just that Mach3 can't 'see' your USB motion card, or your Outputs in Mach 3 are not configured yet. Have you done that?

'Emergency Stop' button is disabled?...you have bypassed it or it is pushed in?

Unfortunately it only takes one incorrect step or setting to keep it from working.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    I'm not that experienced but I'll have a go....
    Did you get a 'Quickstart' document with the router? If you did, that should get you up and running.
    Do you need a plugin for the USB card? ( if you do it will be an '.ini' file ). My X61500GT does. Not sure what the X6-2200L uses.
    It sounds like Mach 3 is doing its job. Its just that Mach3 can't 'see' your USB motion card, or your Outputs in Mach 3 are not configured yet. Have you done that?

'Emergency Stop' button is disabled?...you have bypassed it or it is pushed in?

Unfortunately it only takes one incorrect step or setting to keep it from working.

Steve
    Yes, quickstart which I followed in detail.

Plugin? USB motion card?

Emergency button disabled.

Today I tried a third computer - and it worked. Can't see I did something different. But I can't still get it to work on the first computer which is the one I have intended to use - the other is a laptop I need for any purposes.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dynaflux View Post
    Yes, quickstart which I followed in detail.

Plugin? USB motion card? Yes, the card that interfaces between the Computer and the CNC Router can be known a s 'Motion Card' or 'Break Out Board'. Its the one with the USB connector.

Emergency button disabled.

Today I tried a third computer - and it worked. Can't see I did something different. But I can't still get it to work on the first computer which is the one I have intended to use - the other is a laptop I need for any purposes.
    Well done! Both computers have same Operating System?
    Maybe you can set them both up next to each other and go through all the settings until you find a difference. Time consuming but maybe you will learn something

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Problem solved! Some of the configuration files appeared in wrong folder when copied to the installation, the instructions were ambigious (and I went with the wrong alternative).

Downloads
    Uploads

Well done. Make sure you make some notes for 'next time'....lol
    You get that a lot with Chinese instructions.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    Well done. Make sure you make some notes for 'next time'....lol
    You get that a lot with Chinese instructions.
    Made notes straight away. :-) Even if you think you will remember there is a good chance you'll go through the same process next time.