Considering purchase of AccTek 1212 CNC w/ Rotary Thoughts - experience w/ format?

Thread: Considering purchase of AccTek 1212 CNC w/ Rotary Thoughts - experience w/ format?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Considering purchase of AccTek 1212 CNC w/ Rotary Thoughts - experience w/ format?

It will be my first table that I will have to grow into.
    Opinions on Acctek for tables of this size and construction. Opinions about AccTek would be appreciated.
    They want $4000 FOB to Montreal Canada for a Mach3 contoller, Japanese Driven Nema34 with HIwin, Rack and pinion, 8" Hi Z, Full length four jaw Rotary tool, and I believe a ER20 /2.2kW Liquid cooled Spindle

I am also looking at Jinan /Blue Elephant due to their new manufacturing plant. It is much better than in early photographs of completed machines that are ready for packing material. I am sure we have all seen these. I have not found a table yet that has the features of the AKG1212 but I haven't been looking that hard.
    I want to deal with one at a time right now. They figure that if you are contacting them then you are going to buy right away. Hahaha,,.mhe
    I was going to try to get a bidding war for my purchase. :-)

The price for the AccTek AKG1212 at ~4K $ is suspiciously low.
    I am concerned about:
    1. the greater than arms length dealings,
    2. the language barrier,
    3. time diff,
    4. the method and quality of construction

I have saved for what seems like a life time, but really it hasn't been that long. I want to do all wood sculpting v bit carving and bust work, with a minor of ornamental wood embellishments for interior trim. I would also like to experiment in working with interesting laminates.

I want to buy from the USA, forget buying from my homeland:P looked at CNC Router Parts, but it is expensive and I have to deal with further 23% on top of the dollar value in USD for currency conversion and duty. :-(.

Any thoughts - pointers - experience with etc would be much appreciated.

Chris