Build Thread My cnc router will arrive in 2 days ,now nervous and excited

Thread: My cnc router will arrive in 2 days ,now nervous and excited

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default My cnc router will arrive in 2 days ,now nervous and excited

After waiting 2 month , my machine finally will be here, Would like to learn more about cnc router here ,everyone ,It really costs a lot of money , It is really a large investment for my workshop , Now my workshop is cleaned up to hold this new machine .

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: My cnc router will arrive in 2 days ,now nervous and excited

Hi , Erik ,I am a new buyer , when you recieve the machine , can you tell me if you are happy with this machine ? I am still searching , but it seems it is very difficult to make decision for me ,my email: paulvorster1965@yahoo.com

Hi Erik, I can only image the excitement/fear you are feeling right now.

I have never purchased a Chinese product as large as a router. I did however go through the quoting stage when I was investigating my first cnc router purchase. That alone was wrenching me with the back and forth and painful process of having them add their words and promises to the quote. In the end I decided I was not programmed to go through that process to fruition.

I have followed many "Chinese Machine Purchase Reviews" on this site and others with great interest. Mostly to learn how others manage the stress. I have noticed there are two basic kinds of people writing those reviews. The ones that are realistic and understanding. The second group are those that have unrealistic expectatations.

Most of the people in the second group have built up their expectations through much research on what is the best of everything and the performance capabilities of higher end machines. They seemed to have convinced themselves that their choice to spend less will get them more. I can assure you that this group is always disappointed with the purchase and spend too much of their time with the machine regretting the purchase and hating on it and themselves.

That first group seems to understand that the machine is going to have some issues that will need to be resolved. Simply put they have prepared themselves for the fact they have additional troubleshooting, labor, and expenditures to get their new purchase to a satisfactory level of acceptance. I have always felt this group leads much more "fun" lives and probably have less tendency to have strokes.

I would like to think I could be in the first group myself, and would hope all making these sort of purchases from offshore lean that direction also.

Have fun with your project. Go slow with it, research, and ask questions. Hold regret at bay and I am certain you will really enjoy your new purchase.

If you find yourself buried in technical issues that are overwhelming, just back off for a while. Go back to another hobby for a short period to clear your head. When you return to your purchase things will make more sense.

Rob

Downloads
    Uploads

I agree with Rob. It is best to have realistic expectations about what your machine can do. It also helps to be able to know how to fix things as they are needed. Cheap chinese ballscrews might use radial skate bearings instead of angular contact bearings. They work OK at first, but maybe they start to loosen up over time. They should be easy enough to swap out with the proper bearings when the time comes.

CNC routers are relatively simple mechanical items. Many items are modular enough that they can be swapped out if needed. Remember that there is a reason that these machines cost significantly less than the alternatives. You are still way ahead of the game after factoring in the cost of a few small improvements.

Steve