ok ive had the boxford for some time and using the boxford controller and 2dDesign worked perfect for simple tasks such as pockets and profiles but was rubbish with text.
ive had a mach3 system before and it was easy to use and worked perfect. so i converted to mach3 using m335 stepper drivers a 24v power supply and a little Chinese breakout board i kept the original motors on all axis to start with.
set it all up with ports and pins, motor tuning, steps per unit calibration. now each axis will move within 100'th of a mm.

so i designed so text in v-carve and made it 25mm tall and designated it to be a v-carve tool path and a 45 degree bit with a 12.7mm diamater trend v-bit. run the sim and looked great so saved the toolpath as g-code mm.tap like i allways used to.
imported g code and ran it all looked well then z would dive randomly into work peice. x and y seemed fine so i opened her up and changed z for a nema23 thought that should fix it. ran again same thing happened so it wasnt the motor. opened her up again and changed to decay fast. tried again and it had stopped diving but the end of text was round and not square like you usually get v-carving and motors was noisey at rest.

opened up again and put it on decay middle and ran the g-code again still the same at end of text rounded and not like it should be, i can see the cuts trying to happen with
the v-bit ramping but its not touching the work piece. x and y seem fine just seems like my z is the problem.

any help would be appreciated as im trying to make 70 name plates for my wedding.

kind regards simon