Huanyang VFD

Thread: Huanyang VFD

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Huanyang VFD

I am trying to understand the correct parameters to use for my JET knee mill,

The VFD is working the speeds are way off with Mach3 at 500 rpm and the spindle runs at 1500 rpm.

I think its the parameters versus just calibration,

I have attached a copy of the parameter settings in a PDF.

All help is appreciated

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang VFD-vfd-parameters0001-pdf  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Huanyang VFD

Quote Originally Posted by lt00273 View Post
    I am trying to understand the correct parameters to use for my JET knee mill,

The VFD is working the speeds are way off with Mach3 at 500 rpm and the spindle runs at 1500 rpm.

I think its the parameters versus just calibration,

I have attached a copy of the parameter settings in a PDF.

All help is appreciated
    Your Parameters are not far away, These are what you need, it always takes some setting up in Mach3 to get your speeds close to match

Huanyang Mactec54

60Hz AC Motor

PD000=0 ( for Parameter unlock ( 1 ) for Parameter Lock )

PD001=0 (1 For Remote Control)

PD002=0 ( 1 For 0-10v Terminal Control or Remote Trim Pot Control )

( J1 Also Needs to be set for Terminal Control )

PD003=70 ( Max to 120 for 60Hz motor )

PD004=70 ( Max to 120 For 60Hz Motor )

PD005=70 ( Max to 120 For 60Hz Motor )

PD007=10

PD008=240 ???? (Motor Rated Voltage )

PD009=15

PD010=8

PD011=50 ( Minimum 20 with Cooling Fan installed )

PD13= 08 ( is for Factory reset, Only use this to set VFD to Factory Default Settings )

PD014 Acceleration=12 ( Adjust to suit)

PD015 Deceleration=12 (Adjust to suit)

( PD15 is ignored IF PD26=1 Then the Spindle will Coast to a Stop)

PD141=240 ???? ( Motor Rated Voltage )

PD142= ???? ( Motor Max Rated Amps)

PD143=4 ( Motor Number of Poles 2 or 4 Pole )

PD144= ???? ( Max motor Speed ) ( 3000 Can Be Used )

PD70=0 ( This may need to be set to 1 if Control Voltage is 0-5v )

PD72=70 ( Max to 120 For 60Hz Motor )

PD73=50 ( Minimum setting 20 with Cooling Fan Installed )

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54 Thanks

What should I start the steps / rev in the spindle tab in Mach3 under motor tuning ?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Mactec54 Thanks

What should I start the steps / rev in the spindle tab in Mach3 under motor tuning ?

Thanks
    If you have it running through Mach3, the first thing to get correct would be your pulley ratio that you are going to use, each time you change this on your machine, it will affect what the Mach3 RPMs will show, so this is the first thing to figure out in your case

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    If you have it running through Mach3, the first thing to get correct would be your pulley ratio that you are going to use, each time you change this on your machine, it will affect what the Mach3 RPMs will show, so this is the first thing to figure out in your case
    Any advice on how to setup a spindle pulley?

Downloads
    Uploads

Any advice on how to setup a spindle pulley?
    First you have to find what your machine pulley Ratio is, does your mill have a step pulley drive or a variable speed control, once you find out what you, ratio is between the motor and your spindle, then you can set this in Mach3 under the Config Tab, then Pulley Section, this is where you enter the information about your speeds and Ratio, you can setup more than ( 1 ) pulley ratio, as you can see in this snip, that it is set at Pulley Number 4, you would start at pulley number 1

Your minimum speed would be something like 200 to 400 depending on how hot your motor gets at this low speed, a small fan mounted on the motor works for slow speed running

The 70 to120Hz Parameter setting also will make you motor run faster, so you have to know what the max motor RPM is with this Parameter setting, plus what ever the pulley ratio is, this will be your max RPM setting

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Huanyang VFD-pulley-ratio-setting-png  
    Last edited by mactec54; 09-10-2017 at 10:16 AM.
    Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks the motor mill is controlled through a hand crank from 500 - 4200 rpm when engaged in Hi gear.

What I have right now is the spindle goes all the way to 4600 RPM (read with tach) and mach3 is reading 500 RPM

I have the pulley set as #1 Min 500 and Max 4200 Ratio 1, I have tried entering different ratios but no changes in speed.

Is it the VFD settings ??

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks the motor mill is controlled through a hand crank from 500 - 4200 rpm when engaged in Hi gear.

What I have right now is the spindle goes all the way to 4600 RPM (read with tach) and mach3 is reading 500 RPM

I have the pulley set as #1 Min 500 and Max 4200 Ratio 1, I have tried entering different ratios but no changes in speed.

Is it the VFD settings ??
    No but your ratio is not ( 1 ), what is you motor name plate max RPM

You have to get your PWM working this will change in voltage from 0-10v this voltage will control the speed

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

The RPM on the name plate is 1720

The operation speed of the mill is max 4200

Downloads
    Uploads

The RPM on the name plate is 1720

The operation speed of the mill is max 4200
    It will depend where you set the Variable speed setting as to what the ratio will be with those numbers it would be 2.441 :1, the VFD is controlling the spindle motor

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I can adjust the arrow keys and vary the speed
    So I enter 2.441 in the spindle pulley ratio?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I can adjust the arrow keys and vary the speed
    So I enter 2.441 in the spindle pulley ratio?
    Only if you have you mill set at max RPM, if you have in mid range which would be the best position then your ratio would be different that is why in Mach3 you can have more than one setup for your pulley ratio selection

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Only if you have you mill set at max RPM, if you have in mid range which would be the best position then your ratio would be different that is why in Mach3 you can have more than one setup for your pulley ratio selection
    Thanks for the help

I am still a little confused, I don't really understand how frequencies work,

The gap I see in my numbers is very close to 2.44 at low, mid, and high range

When I set the pulley max to 4200 and the ratio to 2.44 there does the data stays the same.

Example: MDI enter S1000 the spindle is going 2650 RPM I just can't get the speed down or the Mach setting up,

How do I get more of a mid range approach?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the help

I am still a little confused, I don't really understand how frequencies work,

The gap I see in my numbers is very close to 2.44 at low, mid, and high range

When I set the pulley max to 4200 and the ratio to 2.44 there does the data stays the same.

Example: MDI enter S1000 the spindle is going 2650 RPM I just can't get the speed down or the Mach setting up,

How do I get more of a mid range approach?
    I don't think you have a connection, between Mach3 and the VFD, if you can use the UP / Down arrow keys, then you are not connected, when you have the VFD connected the Key pad should not be working, as I said before have you checked the 0-10 v PWM,to see if the output changes when you put in MDI S500 or S1000 you should see the voltage change

How would you get the mid range, turn the handle on your mills speed control, until you are at 2100 RPM, then you would have somewhere around 1.22 : 1 to set for you spindle Ratio in Mach3

3 things

Parameters are set for remote control use in the VFD

PWM 0-10v is outputting a changing voltage, each time you change the speed call in MDI

A Relay to turn the FOR / REV On / Off you would need 2 Relays to do this

Post a photo of how you have it wired

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again for the support,

Let me try to explain the system better, when say the arrow keys I mean the Mach3 up and down keys located below the spindle button on the Mach3 screens,
    When I press the Mach3 Spindle switch the relays on the BoB comes on and the spindle works fine, the problem is I cant figure out how to calibrate the speed to match.
    The system is using step / dir not PWM, the wiring is through a RS485 USB adapter to the VFD and then to the PC, I think its working ok.

Example:

MDI = Enter S500 the spindle runs 1312, S1000 the spindle reads 2655

I need help with the right procedure to calibrate the spindle

Thanks for you help and patience

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again for the support,

Let me try to explain the system better, when say the arrow keys I mean the Mach3 up and down keys located below the spindle button on the Mach3 screens,
    When I press the Mach3 Spindle switch the relays on the BoB comes on and the spindle works fine, the problem is I cant figure out how to calibrate the speed to match.
    The system is using step / dir not PWM, the wiring is through a RS485 USB adapter to the VFD and then to the PC, I think its working ok.

Example:

MDI = Enter S500 the spindle runs 1312, S1000 the spindle reads 2655

I need help with the right procedure to calibrate the spindle

Thanks for you help and patience
    I'm not sure what step / Dir has to do with it, if you are using the VFD RS485 connection ( Modbus ) You should of said this from the start, how you where trying to control your motor / Spindle

Do you have the plugin for the Modbus, there are a few good ones out there, I have not used any of them, so you will have to start again and ask the right questions, regarding Modbus control, if that is what you are trying to use

There are also other VFD Parameters that need to be set for Modbus control

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not sure what step / Dir has to do with it, if you are using the VFD RS485 connection ( Modbus ) You should of said this from the start, how you where trying to control your motor / Spindle

Do you have the plugin for the Modbus, there are a few good ones out there, I have not used any of them, so you will have to start again and ask the right questions, regarding Modbus control, if that is what you are trying to use

There are also other VFD Parameters that need to be set for Modbus control
    Thanks for the help,

Let me try again, the system isn't Modbus, it's RS485 that operates similar to Step / Dir,

The problem is trying to get the Pulley Ratio setup

This is what I have, the 2.44 ratio doesn't seem to have any impact on the speed of the mill,

If I enter S1000 in Mach3 the spindle runs at 2640 RPM, can you tell me your steps to set the ratio properly

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the help,

Let me try again, the system isn't Modbus, it's RS485 that operates similar to Step / Dir,
    You will have to show us what your RS485 is all about, at this moment it is not working if there is no change with the VFD to spindle speed, will need photos of wiring and a link to the USB to RS485 you are using

What is the output from the RS485 and what do you have it connected on the VFD

Mactec54