ACCTEK 6012 REVIEW

Thread: ACCTEK 6012 REVIEW

Downloads
    Uploads

Default ACCTEK 6012 REVIEW

This is my account of my Chinese router. I'm a 57 year old male who had a massive stroke in 2004. I am a right-handed person who has lost the use of my right hand. I have a very strong background in graphic design, I owned my own graphics company for 20 years until the stroke forced me to give it up. This is my FIRST ever CNC machine, I have never even operated one before. I will share all the information that I can remember with you. Any suggestions or questions are more than welcome. Please remember, what takes you a few hours to do may take me weeks. To say I'm s-l-o-w would be a great under statement. At least I'm thorough!

I ordered my router on May 15 2017 and received it on August 15, 2017. There was 1 little hole i the crate when it arrived. Looked like a forklift hole. Stuck my hand in the and felt nothing, the gantry ended up being in the center and the hole was in the right.

Unboxed the crate; everything looks pretty good, well packed. EXCEPTION the Z Spindle should have been supported. There is/was NO spindle support at all.

Upon inspection the length of the "cable group" between the Controller and the CNC was just long enough to reach the floor. Luckily my table's bottom shelf is 4" off the floor. The router seems very well built, sturdy and heavy beyond belief! I ended up having a friend with an engine hoist put it on the workbench for me. Factory says 419lbs. I say it was heavier, at lest 500lbs.

There was metal wear the Controller Box rubbed on the gantry. Nothing bad but a little packing would have eliminated that.

So far, So good...I'm still a "happy camper".

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ACCTEK 6012 REVIEW-1-jpg   ACCTEK 6012 REVIEW-4-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: ACCTEK 6012 REVIEW

Looks like a cool little machine! Had similar packaging woes on my previous machine, gantry supported by bricks of all things, not good for paint :S
    Enjoy it!

Downloads
    Uploads

Bricks? That's a big NO-NO.

Paint touch-up kit included?

Downloads
    Uploads

Good, Looking forward to your further updating

----Jinan UnionTech Machinery Co., Ltd.----

Downloads
    Uploads

FINALLY! I've got my ACCTEK 6012 up & running. Much of the "long time" is due to my health but not all of it!

1) The physical machine seems to be well built & solid. The only part of the machine build that disappointed me was the very rough cut on the cast iron base. It looks like it was cut with a chainsaw or something even more course than that.

2) The "Controller" and all the electronics arrived in pretty good shape. Nothing was loose or has quit working yet. The "E-STOP" button did not work correctly and I can't tell if it was a manufacturing problem or shipping problem. When the Button was "out" it was not all the way out. I spent 4-5 days (actually nights) trying to diagnose the problem with China to no avail. It was by accident that I found the issue and it was solved by 20-30 "pushes & pulls" of the button.

3) Instructions...."forget about it"! None were included with the machine, though some PDFs were sent to me after a few weeks. They were all but useless....mostly in Chinese which I cannot read. Tech Support at ACCTEK did help me a lot, and as a NEWBIE I needed it. The time difference proved to be a HUGE problem for me, I'm on the East coast of America so the time difference was 12 hours! An instruction book or video would have been helpful here.

4) Communications was OK to POOR...maybe due to the language barrier but I doubt it.

5) OVERALL... I am happy for now. I got what appears to be a good machine at a good price. Saved a good deal of money because I could afford to wait on it. If I needed to make a living then other shipping arrangement would have to be made.

PARTING THOUGHTS... I would highly suggest ALL time sensitive documents be emailed, AND then be immediately be FAXED & even OVER-NIGHTED. Some of my time sensitive documents were "never" received! COSTING ME nearly a Thousand US Dollars! Worth the risk to me...this time. If I look for a bigger machine in the future I will look for a machine that's Sold & Supported here in America. I don't mind the quality of the machine but I do mind the quality of support (and the time difference).

I needed a lot of help with MACH3, if you already understand it HALF of your problems are already solved.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i think it would be nice to hear how you think about this machine in one year! maybe you can
    take another review.
    i would not suggest buying a chinese cnc router, also not from acctek. as you write: no support and no technical information
    from them and most other chinese companys.
    i bought a used german router and satiesfied that i dont buyed a chinese machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which German router did you buy, broschi?
    Chris

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-J View Post
    Which German router did you buy, broschi?
    Chris
    i bought a cnc high z 1000T router (www.cnc-step.de). by the way i bought it from a company in cambridge(uk)
    for beginners and woodworking is this machine good. the construction of this machine has the advantage
    that the bottom is open. on the otherside some other details are not good. the z axis is not really stable.
    as the round linear rails have a length of 100 cm, are the rails also not so stable. in the middle of the linear rail
    you can bend it with only one hand! but all together i am satiesfied so far and i do not regret it ;-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Tomcat104 View Post
    FINALLY! I've got my ACCTEK 6012 up & running. Much of the "long time" is due to my health but not all of it!

1) The physical machine seems to be well built & solid. The only part of the machine build that disappointed me was the very rough cut on the cast iron base. It looks like it was cut with a chainsaw or something even more course than that.

2) The "Controller" and all the electronics arrived in pretty good shape. Nothing was loose or has quit working yet. The "E-STOP" button did not work correctly and I can't tell if it was a manufacturing problem or shipping problem. When the Button was "out" it was not all the way out. I spent 4-5 days (actually nights) trying to diagnose the problem with China to no avail. It was by accident that I found the issue and it was solved by 20-30 "pushes & pulls" of the button.

3) Instructions...."forget about it"! None were included with the machine, though some PDFs were sent to me after a few weeks. They were all but useless....mostly in Chinese which I cannot read. Tech Support at ACCTEK did help me a lot, and as a NEWBIE I needed it. The time difference proved to be a HUGE problem for me, I'm on the East coast of America so the time difference was 12 hours! An instruction book or video would have been helpful here.

4) Communications was OK to POOR...maybe due to the language barrier but I doubt it.

5) OVERALL... I am happy for now. I got what appears to be a good machine at a good price. Saved a good deal of money because I could afford to wait on it. If I needed to make a living then other shipping arrangement would have to be made.

PARTING THOUGHTS... I would highly suggest ALL time sensitive documents be emailed, AND then be immediately be FAXED & even OVER-NIGHTED. Some of my time sensitive documents were "never" received! COSTING ME nearly a Thousand US Dollars! Worth the risk to me...this time. If I look for a bigger machine in the future I will look for a machine that's Sold & Supported here in America. I don't mind the quality of the machine but I do mind the quality of support (and the time difference).

I needed a lot of help with MACH3, if you already understand it HALF of your problems are already solved.
    Now that you had your CNC for a while, could you share with us how it`s holding up?
    I`m looking to buy the same setup, but I would like to hear from actual users first.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KimBye View Post
    Now that you had your CNC for a while, could you share with us how it`s holding up?
    I`m looking to buy the same setup, but I would like to hear from actual users first.
    Everything is holding up just fine.

The water pump that with it was not sufficient for my needs so I bought a new one the first week. Other than that I've had to replace/repair nothing.

Please check al bolts & nuts for tightness, I found a few loose on mine that really affected alignment.

If you need anything, I will do my best to help.

David
    david@rcwarplanes.com
    Charlotte, NC

Activation process
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good Morning.
    I'm in trouble at the vacuum pump.
    Can you tell me what pump you bought. Where did you buy it and how much did it cost?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zoprano View Post
    Good Morning.
    I'm in trouble at the vacuum pump.
    Can you tell me what pump you bought. Where did you buy it and how much did it cost?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

To be clear it is the WATER PUMP and I bought it from AMAZON. I bought & use a Quiet One Lifegard Aquarium Pump, 317-Gallon Per Hour . It was $24.00 (U.S.).

That has worked very well for me. This water pump is extremely quiet, I often forget to turn it off, but that's not really a problem since it is an aquarium water pump that was designed to run 24/7.

David