Need Help! 6040 router not cutting square!

Thread: 6040 router not cutting square!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 6040 router not cutting square!

Hello group, I have a Chinese made 6040 router and it runs and cut quit well but for one thing, it does not cut square. I can cut a rectangle with any length and width but when I put it up to my machinist square, the sides are out of square, the larger the more worse it is. What adjustments do I need to do to get this machine cutting straight?

Thanks,
    Eric

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6040 router not cutting square!

Quote Originally Posted by ecope View Post
    Hello group, I have a Chinese made 6040 router and it runs and cut quit well but for one thing, it does not cut square. I can cut a rectangle with any length and width but when I put it up to my machinist square, the sides are out of square, the larger the more worse it is. What adjustments do I need to do to get this machine cutting straight?

Thanks,
    Eric
    If the axis is straight and the angle between the x and y axis is not 90 degrees you will get parallelograms. Parallelogram angle should not increase or decrease depending on its size.

If the angle does changes, meaning one parallelogram is 89 degrees and the other 87, probably the sliding bars are crooked. If the sliding bars are not straight, you won't get straight lines either. I expect that two different locations on your table will yield two different shapes.

I hope your angle is always the same...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Just to check - if you cut a 350x350 square, the diagonals should be equal - my calculator doesn't do square roots... if you're not cutting square one diagonal will be longer.
    Depending on the configuration the gantry will have to loosened, wrestled into the correct position and tightened up. you can recut a square or drill holes on the corner of a square as per u tube vid to check the diagonals again.

Without more detail and a photo it is probably better if I stop here.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@ecope
    Do you have a picture of the "square" ?

Downloads
    Uploads

If it`s not cutting square meaning your X and Y axis are offset, let`s say for example you want to travel the X @ 10mm it should be 10mm on the caliper, same goes to Y axis, recalibrate your machine and measure the distance traveled on the machine sides or edges itself using a vernier caliper.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a 6040 and the unit/per is calibrated at 320 for X and Y axes in mach3