Newbie Need Help with 6060T 1500w water cooledspindle !!!

Thread: Need Help with 6060T 1500w water cooledspindle !!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Need Help with 6060T 1500w water cooledspindle !!!

Correction---6040T 1500w Water Cooed Spindle USB

Hi Everyone ,Received my machine about a week ago and after unboxing and some minor assembly(including stiffening of plate to rear of spindle)connected up to 240v mains and tested the unit . Spindle worked fine from panel,Installed Mach 3 on XP pc and following the manual(got to laugh) set the gadget up --Nothing !!.All stepper motors have gone tight(will turn without power on),BUT NO MOTION,ran mach 3 and it appears to run through program but as stated no motion of anything.After much reading of posts from you guys it appears I am not alone. It would be appreciated therefore if someone could give me a few pointers as to what I should be doing to try to correct this scenario.I should also say that I have installed and removed Mach 3 umpteen times with different setups and still the same result and am beginning to lose my sanity !! Hope You Can Assist a Newbie. Thankyou

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help with 6060T 1500w water cooledspindle !!!

First thing is Do you have a standard Parallel port or have you used a PCI card to get one?
    There is a setting to ensure the address of the printer port is known by Mach3 or whatever app drives the router. Not all printer ports are enabled in PCs BIOS. Did you check that?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need Help with 6060T 1500w water cooledspindle !!!

coldte,
    The mostly likely cause is your configuration in Mach3 is not setup correctly. First step is to go to ports and pins page of Mach3 and see what parallel port has been selected (port address), then make sure the inputs and outputs and motors are defined in the setup. If that is not done correctly nothing will work. Sounds like you installed Mach3 from scratch so that would be the most likely cause. Figure out if your are using a parallel port on the pc motherboard or an add in card. This is not tool difficult to setup there are many people on the zone who can help if you post a little more info on exactly what you have.

Russ