Newbie Z Axis homing higher every iteration of a certain gcode

Thread: Z Axis homing higher every iteration of a certain gcode

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Z Axis homing higher every iteration of a certain gcode

Hello World,

I've purchased a CNC3040 with the 800W water cooled spindle (like this) and I think I have a little problem with it...

I see the machine coordinate zero in the z axis going up about 7mm each iteration of a certain Gcode (from Fusion360), meaning that when send the machine to zero, the spindle is 7mm higher than before running the code. I doubt that the problem comes from the gcode although I will post if you think that could help. This problem is reproducible with that code but other shorter gcode do not make that problem obvious.

The stepper motor seems to be well attached to the axis and jogging up and down twenty times does not modify the position of the zero point.

What I have tried so far:
    1- Reducing or increasing the speed and acceleration of the z axis motor
    2- turning off the spindle
    3- swearing
    4- ignoring the problem
    5- jogging endlessly up and down

The only interesting thing I've observed is that if I stop the dreaded gcode earlier, the height change will be smaller. I think I also saw a height difference when modifying the motor parameters.

The displacement height is accurate.

Another weird observation is that when the steps are really small on the z axis the stepper seem to be going back and forth a bit (as seen from the little wheel on it). My gut feeling is that the motor is not able to execute the level of precision that is required in the gcode and is missing steps because it sucks.

Honestly I'm a little bit out of ideas on how to troubleshoot that. I really have no desire to start poking in the controller unless I have a pretty good idea of what the problem might be.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!