Need Help! BOB for a new smoothstepper

Thread: BOB for a new smoothstepper

Downloads
    Uploads

Question BOB for a new smoothstepper

G'day all, I bought a new usb smoothstepper board (SS-01) from Homanns & the manual isn't clear, I'm still unsure if I need to add a fourth breakout board. I have the small BOB's in the DB9 plugs from the Gecko 540 to the motors, do I need to add another BOB somewhere? thanks, Rob.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BOB for a new smoothstepper

I'm not quite sure what you are asking -- the DB9 connectors on your G540 go to your stepper motors -- up to 4 if you have a four axis machine.
    (I just have wires soldered to DB9 plugs -- I don't use any breakout board there)
    If you have limit switches or a touch sensor you may want another connector on the box you have your G540 and power supply installed in -- have you read http://www.homanndesigns.com/pdfs/EN010_V8.pdf ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BOB for a new smoothstepper

Thanks for the reply tgdavies, you need to look at the manual http://warp9td.com/documentation/Smo...ManualV1.0.pdf to see why there's some confusion. I've seen your link...I know it well but it doesn't show a smoothstepper. Really I was just confirming the (DB9) BoB's were enough. Nice to be re-assured every now & then. Thanks