Need Help! 1325 Router with Syntec controller and not common errors

Thread: 1325 Router with Syntec controller and not common errors

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 1325 Router with Syntec controller and not common errors

Hello, our company has purchased a chineese 1325 cnc router machine with Syntec 11MA controller quite a long time ago and everything seemed to work fine.
    This is 5-axis machine with Yaskawa servomotors (X, Y and Z axes with additional rotary A axis and rotary spindle).

Unfortunately, two weeks ago a big problem occured and we can't handle with it by ourselves. Machine manufacturer don't reply to our emails and our most experienced engineer, who had solved some problems with controller (ex. automatic tool changes) left our company few months ago so almost all of his knowledge about this router disappeared with him.

After turning the machine on Syntec shows errors like on pictures 1 and 2. The most confused probem is about homing errors, the controller displyed errors both on positive and negative dir at the same time. We don't have any backup files for the controller so we can't restore previous system settings and check if it could help.
    After chcecking the machine control cabinet we found out that only one of the servomotors was in the "run" state and the others were turned off. After detailed inspection of wiring and electrical cables we conclude that on this side everything is connected properly.

I connected my computer to the faulty servodriver by SigmaWin+ application and tried to make a test run of the motor manually. X, Y, A and spindle rotary axes made a movement in both directions (+ and -) so the motors are okay. I haven't got any test settings for the parameters of servodrivers so I can't figure out if our parameters are set properly or maybe it was resetted to the default settings somehow.
    Another issue is about Z axis. I wasn't able to move it manually by SigmaWin app and after considering many reasons why, we found out that there is a problem with one Syntec relay (D0, shown od picture 3). It didn't set the right signal for the Z axis dynamic brake to release it. We succeeded to make a jumper to set the proper signal to the motor to release the brake and after this Z axis motor moved like the others.

To sum everything up we suppose that there is something wrong with the Syntec controller (wrong output signals or something like that). and maybe something with servodrivers (only maybe, I don't know how to check if the parameters are set properly). Has anyone here face with problem like ours or maybe someone know what could cause so many controller errors? Any help will be appreciated, because it looks like we can't "repair" this machine by ourselves...

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1325 Router with Syntec controller and not common errors-photo-1-jpg   1325 Router with Syntec controller and not common errors-photo-2-jpg   1325 Router with Syntec controller and not common errors-photo-3-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 1325 Router with Syntec controller and not common errors

I have been running a syntec controller for about 8 years now. The first three messages need to be addressed before anything will happen. The hardware limits have been exceeded is in referance to a possitive and negative limit switches on the table. It is a wiring problem, or the gantry needs to be pushed off of the limit switches. the x axis has breached both possitive and negative at the same time seems to me that the limit switches were wired to a normally closed contacts instead of the normally open. Just a guess but its where i would start.

Syntec is a little quirky, but rock solid.

david dansky

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for advice David, I try to check these relays. But because machine worked properly earlier and nobody changed anything with wiring, I wonder, if it is possible that controller now just set wrong output signal? I mean, do you know where exactly I can change output signals for limit switches from normally closed to normally open "inside" Syntec controller (software)? I can't find anything about homing signals in Syntec manuals but I think that it could be possible.

Downloads
    Uploads

Enewen,
    I would check for a loose wire. It is physically impossible to have the limit switches at each end of an axis tripped at the same time. This implies the limit switches which are typically wired in series has a broken or loose wire. That is the only way they would both be firing at the same time. The other possible issue is the controller lost its memory and the limits are now not programmed correctly in the controller.
    Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Today we checked wiring with all connected relays and it seems that everything there works properly. So now I almost 100% sure that there is a problem with controller. Any advice which parameters I should check and change to send proper output signals? I tried to change software travel limits (parameters 2401-2440), but it doesn't change anything with alarms after turning machine ON. I guess that I need to change some parameters in "Maker Param Settings" window but have no idea which...

Downloads
    Uploads

You might want to check one of these manuals and find in the controller where the limit travel and switches are defined.

SYNTEC Mill Controller Manual - CNC Manual

Also a video that might have some hints, depending on how much experience you have with this control.

This is actually a pretty nice looking controller, I am pretty sure your settings got killed or something. You already checked for loose wires they might have a battery backup in the controller, or they might use flash memory. I would walk through the manual and check all the settings.

Russ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hello!
    i was wondering if u sort the problem out.
    plz if yes,let me know how to fix it and help me in this case.

tx