Newbie with 3040T CNC

Thread: Newbie with 3040T CNC

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Newbie with 3040T CNC

HI,

I am an amateur wood worker doing small pieces and nor major projects like furniture or otherwise. I decided to get me a CNC machine, meanwhile, given the extensive cost I decided to invest in a chinese cheape model for tryout and till I master the trait, then I decide if it is something I would be using heavily for which it will justify cost. The main thing is I received the machine today, with little attachments i.e. the bridge for the Z axis and X axis. I have one of those that came with a blue control box, no documents, or any other form of directions. Installed Mach3 original copy everything else as per requirements. The issue is that the MOTORS are not working no matter what I tried to do, meaning when I turn the machine on the motors on the axis don't make any sound nor they are movable through Mach3 arrow keys and others. Nonetheless the spindle is working according to the speed knob and the on off switch on the control box.

Furthermore, I have done the driver test and it seems to be working fine as reported. In addition, according to the software the spindle is moving on the axis if I push the arrow keys and the pgUp and pgDn keys but not physically, only in the software. My unit is operating by a a USB directly and not by a parallel port between the control box and the computer, although the control box and the CNC bed are connected by a parallel looking connection.

I am not sure what is the issue, nor I have been able to figure it out all day today no matter what i researched. or tried. Hence, any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Newbie with 3040T CNC

Do the motors seem to have power? When it's switched on, do they lock up, or can you move the screws by hand?

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    Do the motors seem to have power? When it's switched on, do they lock up, or can you move the screws by hand?
    Hi,

It is not clear that the motors have any power as no sound is heard absolutely nothing. However, if I try to turn the motors by the top knob they seem to have some tension more than that without powering the machine on. However, no movement or any indication that they are operational.

Regards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok set it this way and try it out, if it works and stalls come back here for the calibration

Newbie with 3040T CNC-20170313_075129-jpg

Newbie with 3040T CNC-20170313_075129-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbie with 3040T CNC-20170313_075143-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Furthermore, I have done the driver test and it seems to be working fine as reported. In addition, according to the software the spindle is moving on the axis if I push the arrow keys and the pgUp and pgDn keys but not physically, only in the software. My unit is operating by a a USB directly and not by a parallel port between the control box and the computer, although the control box and the CNC bed are connected by a parallel looking connection.
    If your machine is controlled by a USB motion controller, you need to install a Mach3 plugin for the USB controller.

And when using a USB motion controller, the Drivertest means nothing, as it only deals with the parallel port driver.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mach 3 doesnt support a usb connection... only a parallel port.... if you want to use the usb, you will need to get a uc100 converter.
    I also have a 3040 and my 3040 has the low actives checked for the step and direction for each axis.