Software Correction for misaligned CNC machines ?

Thread: Software Correction for misaligned CNC machines ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Software Correction for misaligned CNC machines ?

Hi People of CNCzone,

My 3040 cnc from china is not perfect. When I input a g-code to mill a square block, the output is a parallelogram. I have problems manually re-align my CNC machines, hence is there a software approach to correct my g-code or machine ?

I have found youtube video on the topic, but the release for the final solution is probably months away. I cant wait to get my CNC started.

I was wondering if there already software package that help can correct the g-code, such that my output mill block is square.

Cheers and million thanks.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Software Correction for misaligned CNC machines ?

If only have one stepper per axis, then I don't think there is.

Even if there are work arounds, it's going to be better on the long run to square up the machine somehow.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For my CNC, all bolts are already tighten down with tread-lock. Hence breaking them loose may introduce more problems, as i had already 'lost' one bolt (loose thread) due to manufacturer over tightening. I was really hoping that there is a alternative approach to aligning. I don't believe manual alignment is the only solution.

Downloads
    Uploads

In theory there are I'm sure. They would involve basically recalculating your model/part based on your specific error and would work if your error is only due to machine square and consistent over the whole machine. You seem to have a lead on that and I have nothing to add there. But I can tell you its much more likely you can get it working better and faster by loosening the bolts and re-squaring. Don't be afraid of rebuilding your machine, you are likely to do it better.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

Any chance you could drive your system with a Dynomotion/KMotionCNC/KFLOP Controller?

KMotionCNC supports a Geometric Correction Table. See:
    Geo Correction Table

Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hmm. seems to be a good solution.

the motion controller is connected through USB ?
    Works with windows 10 ?
    the gcode sender is like Mach3 ? do we have to pay for the software also ?
    can the motion controller works with other gcode sender ?

With thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sometimes you need minor calibrations on the product itself to make it perfect, in your case I guess you did not calibrate all the axis and the acceleration and speed on each and every axis, no. 1 factor on the stepper motors stalling at higher speeds because of a low quality electrical harness (smaller wires) I took out mine and replace it with a bigger pure copper stranded wires (#18 flat cord), no. 2 the machine connectors they used, sometimes it`s better to re harness it and direct it to the controller itself, no.3 sometimes the table itself is inclined when you go from left to right, 0.5mm inclination is big enough specially if you have the whole table filed with jigs for the materials, a simple mylar sheet used as spacers on each aluminum bed will do the trick, I think if you do all the minor tweaks and calibration I think it`ll be all right, but if you dont want any mess (challenge for me) and save yourself on future head aches and do yourself a favor and buy those high end high quality CNC machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

hmm. seems to be a good solution.
    Thanks. I think it has advantages over the method in your posted Video that creates transformed GCode. Using KMotionCNC the Geocorrection is performed a lower level. In this way Jogging, Tool Offsets, Fixture Offsets, DROs, etc. will still work correctly.

the motion controller is connected through USB ?
    Yes

Works with windows 10 ?
    Yes

the gcode sender is like Mach3 ?
    Somewhat yes. You can download our software and run it in simulation mode if you wish. We also have a Mach3 plugin but when using Mach3 you wont have the benefits of Geocorrection or our Trajectory Planner.

do we have to pay for the software also ?
    No

can the motion controller works with other gcode sender ?
    Not really other than Mach3 as described above. KFLOP doesn't actually have GCode sent to it. Instead the GCode Interpreter, Kinematics, Trajectory Planner run on the PC and only the final motion is downloaded, buffered in our KFLOP Controller, and executed.

HTH
    Regards

Regards
    TK http://dynomotion.com