Looking for assistance with... :PARTIALLY SOLVED!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for assistance with... :PARTIALLY SOLVED!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Looking for assistance with... :PARTIALLY SOLVED!

So i bought a CNC after saving for what seems like forever. I got some extra do-dads to go with it, i got my limit switches and my Z touch probe. What do i need? Well... i need help making sure the wiring is correct! i need someone willing to look at what i have via skype, hangouts, whatever they want to use.. and tell me "Hey! You #$%#ED IT UP!". hopefully after that tell me how to do it right. I know im kinda new here, and don't contribute a lot but i am new and have little ((nothing)) to contribute other than "You can learn g-code by some study and google!". Anyhow, if anyone wishes to help me, it would be great. Im looking to see if this thing is running within 14 days because that's my grace period till i have to return it if something is wrong. The machine is a 6040 4axis with the dreaded T6560. Any help is appreciated! Also, its going to be here in the morning by the time i wake up. If you guys like, a link to the exact model is at the link posted below. If any mods want me to rem,ove said link from the post i will edit it!

1.5KW 4 axis 6040 1500W CNC ROUTER ENGRAVER/ENGRAVING DRILLING MILLING Cutter US | eBay

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ger21; 03-21-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking for assistance with...

Take pictures and post them here.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alrighty! will do. I'm expecting it today,shipping said its out for delivery so knowing UPS it will be here in...pfft...6 months?

Last edited by Ergelbak; 03-10-2017 at 07:47 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here we go! i got some pictures together after building it! Now, i know this wiring is wrong, they are all different.. But how can i make them correct?

6040 CNC Wires - Album on Imgur

Last edited by Ergelbak; 03-10-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Updated! pictures of the inside of the control box!

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you wire it yourself, or change the wiring from the way it came?

You didn't really say what your question was?

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have not changed the wiring in any way. A lot of people told me these things come messed up. I have no idea really.
    I do know that the E stop button doesn't work, for what thats worth. And the spindle does not seem to be able to engage reverse.

The question is, does the wiring look correct? i have started the spindle, i have hooked it up to a mach3 computer.
    I have not gotten the steppers to turn but i think that may just be how I have mach3 set.

Also, i have a Z touch plate and some limit switches i would like to hook up but dont know where too. The china seller i bought it from included a few pixels they called a picture diagram. but that dont help.

Downloads
    Uploads

First things first, I can feel you bro, Ived been on that s-h-i-t hole few years back, talking to a chinese technical support made the scenario even worse hehe, now let me ask a question, what`s the specification of the computer you used to drive yout unit? dont change anything yet on the wiring, but I advise changing the whole stepper motor harness into a larger AC wires AWG #18 is enough, it will cause problems in the future if you started mass producing stuff, assemble a computer with at least dual core and have a parallel port then install MACH 3 on that unit, now let`s start from there get back here if you acquired it, a used dell 320 is good enough.

I love that Z-axis Knob...mine got nothing and it`s very hard to zero on the material without that Z-axis Knob

Sample pictures of products I mass produced with the same CNC you got but without the Z-Axis knob, same parallel port and everything, I also need you to open that control box of yours, there`s something I would like you to modify and add, but not right now, we just need to run your unit first before anything else...

Your issue is all software related, the pins and port stuff, the Estop configuration, you just need to learn how to configure MACH 3 all the switches on that unit will function, you just need to configure the software.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for assistance with... :PARTIALLY SOLVED!-9-jpg   Looking for assistance with... :PARTIALLY SOLVED!-7-jpg   Looking for assistance with... :PARTIALLY SOLVED!-6-jpg  
    Last edited by KH0UJ; 03-11-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

after looking at your photos

I would check the earth connection to the metal control box

Looking for assistance with... :PARTIALLY SOLVED!-check-earth-connection-case-jpg

the breakout board has a connector for the limit switch & touch probe
    you will have to look to see if they have labled the connector pins ( possibly 1 common & 4 inputs )

it lookes like the E stop goes to a red 2 pin connector

Looking for assistance with... :PARTIALLY SOLVED!-breakout-board-inputs-jpg

John

PS

the reverse input on the spindle drive has not been used so you
    will not be able to reverse the spindle

Looking for assistance with... :PARTIALLY SOLVED!-spindle-control-connections-jpg

Downloads
    Uploads

would be a good startpoint, to track down what wire from where to where going

draw a schematic then you going to be ok

I like to think anyone wired it they know what they are doing..
    but again first track down all wires..

also would be a help to find a diagram.. most ebay seller who sells breakout board and controlboard individually they have wiring diagram..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    after looking at your photos ---

]
    GROUND CONNECTION: I checked the earth and it was in fact not great, there was a little paint under it so i ground that away and put it back down. Clean connection now.

BREAKOUT BOARD: I took a picture and labled a few things. i also made it so you could zoom in rather nicely. http://i.imgur.com/4x6dRaN.jpg

REVERSE: Yeah, i saw that as soon as I sent the pictures. I'm not even sure if my spindle will turn in reverse if it was hooked up. There is an arrow pointing the current way of rotation.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KH0UJ View Post
    Your issue is all software related, the pins and port stuff, the Estop configuration, you just need to learn how to configure MACH 3 all the switches on that unit will function, you just need to configure the software.
    I get the gist of configuring mach 3, i just dont know the things like...number of steps ect. I also dont know my pin out. Think you could walk me trough it a tad? If needed i can use skype or hangouts for chat instead of typing back and forth

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also noticed on the drivers that one of them, i believe the Z driver, one the the "on off" switches is not on, specifically 7 but it is on the rest. That meant to be that way?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ergelbak View Post
    I get the gist of configuring mach 3, i just dont know the things like...number of steps ect. I also dont know my pin out. Think you could walk me trough it a tad? If needed i can use skype or hangouts for chat instead of typing back and forth
    Forget the number of steps, even if the wires are interchanged by you or originally interchanged by the company who delivered it to you, you can set and configure it on MACH 3 itself, interchanged wires will only mean reverse rotation of the motor hence you can configure it directly on MACH 3 to solve your problems, I forgot my skype account password since I left the US way back 2009, we filipinos only use "facebook" messenger sorry if were a fan on it, now let`s get back on the topic, what`s the status on the machine right now? can you take a photo or whatever on the ports and pins page on MACH 3? there`s a number over there that`s very specific inorder to command the right XYZ channel, or hence there`s a CD included on that machine right? browse on it and find MACH3mill config, then directly paste it on the mach 3 folder on your driver PC then voila you got yourself a factory calibrated XYZ CNC router machine...

Downloads
    Uploads

It`s also important to master the MACH 3 software, itll help you alot during mass production operations, like for example my CAM file is horizontally programmed originally by me and I want to make it vertical to accommodate the material for minimal wastage, I just go to the configuration page on MACH 3 and change the X to Y or Y to X hehe saves time programming the CAM files, that Z manual knob on your current machine is a superb option I dont know why they dont include it in mine, sometimes we cannot really perfect the material being cut or fed on the machine specially wood, sometimes on the other nest file the Z will have a gap to start with, that`s when the manual Z knob comes in handy because you cannot stop the machine halfway it`s program and recalibrate the Z and continue back in like for example I nested 8 CAM files in a single material, the first 4 has perfect zero Z on the material and the other 4 had a visible gap to start with it`s a hassle and time consuming to start back again to figure 1 while the error gap is on figure 5 or 6 and every figure like 8-10 minutes, it ends up waiting for an hour again to finish the 4 figures and corrects the 5 figure because mine had no Z manual knob geez...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I speak with a lot of people from the Philippines actually. But they all use WeChat. Give me a moment for pictures. No sadly i do not have a config file on CD from the CNC company

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here are some pictures! Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Also, the knobs might not be usefull. it would seem that when the machine is on, they lock. Odd huh?

Also! the Z axis is working, AND sounds nice. also, the spindle is able to be controlled from the PC. Would you like pictures of anything else?

Downloads
    Uploads

This is your current config

try this one, maybe tomorrow ill give you my machmill config, its just a text file, ill post it here tomorrow after my work since I dont have the CNC machines here in my house, just rename the extension then paste it on your MACH3 folder, the Z axis when machine turned on gets hard to turn but with a little bit of pressure you can manually turn it, same as the X and Y knob on mine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looking for assistance with... :PARTIALLY SOLVED!-mgalth8-jpg   Looking for assistance with... :PARTIALLY SOLVED!-2-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Alright, X and Z are now working. Y is not. i can hear it try when i push on the button, but it does not move. i CAN move it by hand so it is not stuck or ahrd to move ((when its off))

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ergelbak View Post
    Alright, X and Z are now working. Y is not. i can hear it try when i push on the button, but it does not move. i CAN move it by hand so it is not stuck or ahrd to move ((when its off))
    I think I need the screenshot on the speed and acceleration page on XYZ sir, our machines can go 3000 FRO, if I had just the Mach3mill xml file it`ll be a breeze calibrating that machine, maybe for now try 1000 on the speed and 400 on the acceleration on all the axis and test again if it works, I know it`s not the exact value but just try make the Y axis moving, Ill give you tomorrow my exact same XML file

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast