help with chinese VFD

Thread: help with chinese VFD

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default help with chinese VFD

I am trying to help a friend get his cnc running which is a nice-cut 600x900, we are having problems with the spindle cutting out when you try and go over 10000 rpm, if I set it to 10000 it is ok but 10001 it stop. From some suggestions it sounds like if its to do with a frequency setting?

I think it is a set up issue but I cant find a manual for the same exact vfd or anything close to how it seams to work.

the vfd is hl3000-2015-t and I will add so picture

I have emailed a few suppliers to try and get some instructions but no response as of yet.

Can any one help with how this vfd is programed?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails help with chinese VFD-img_20170227_120305-jpg   help with chinese VFD-img_20170227_122158-jpg   help with chinese VFD-img_20170227_123917-jpg   help with chinese VFD-img_8722-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: help with chinese VFD

Quote Originally Posted by charlieuk View Post
    I am trying to help a friend get his cnc running which is a nice-cut 600x900, we are having problems with the spindle cutting out when you try and go over 10000 rpm, if I set it to 10000 it is ok but 10001 it stop. From some suggestions it sounds like if its to do with a frequency setting?

I think it is a set up issue but I cant find a manual for the same exact vfd or anything close to how it seams to work.

the vfd is hl3000-2015-t and I will add so picture

I have emailed a few suppliers to try and get some instructions but no response as of yet.

Can any one help with how this vfd is programed?
    Check these settings, I only have a Chinese manual for this VFD so is had to get much information from it

Here are some parameters to try if your spindle is 400Hz

P005=400

P033=120

P034=400

P038=400

P039=120

P044=100

P045=10

P046=10

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Check these settings, I only have a Chinese manual for this VFD so is had to get much information from it

Here are some parameters to try if your spindle is 400Hz

P005=400

P033=120

P034=400

P038=400

P039=120

P044=100

P045=10

P046=10
    Many thanks for that I have just had a look and at the moment the setting are

P005=1.0

P033=400

P034=0

P038=400

P039=1

P044=5

P045=10

P046=10

it is a 1.5kw 400hz spindle

should I go ahead and change the setting?

Downloads
    Uploads

Many thanks for that I have just had a look and at the moment the setting are

P005=1.0

P033=400

P034=0

P038=400

P039=1

P044=5

P045=10

P046=10

it is a 1.5kw 400hz spindle

should I go ahead and change the setting?
    Yes change them one at a time to see which 400Hz parameter corrects your spindle speed the minimum speed settings you have will burnout the spindle they need to be the 100 to 120 Parameters in the list

I'm not sure about P005 if you can set it to 400 do so, but it may be maxed at what you have it set at

Some more also to check or set

P011=400

P026= Spindle Current Percentage of the VFD Rated Current, your spindle is 7amp Rated then you set this 7 amp as a Percentage of VFD max output current 100% ???= Percentage setting

P027 220v

P028=400

Last edited by mactec54; 02-28-2017 at 09:17 AM. Reason: added more
    Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes change them one at a time to see which 400Hz parameter corrects your spindle speed the minimum speed settings you have will burnout the spindle they need to be the 100 to 120 Parameters in the list

I'm not sure about P005 if you can set it to 400 do so, but it may be maxed at what you have it set at

P011=400

P026= Spindle Current Percentage of the VFD Rated Current, your spindle is 7amp Rated then you set this 7 amp as a Percentage of VFD max output current 100% ???= Percentage setting

P027 220v

P028=400
    OK great will do that on Thursday when I'm next there!

I don't suppose you know anything about nc studio that seams to come on all these machines? Ours has its machine zero set some were in the middle of the table and it seams to go there first when you start a file for some reason? I can't find any were to change it or anything in the manual on machine zero?

Downloads
    Uploads

OK great will do that on Thursday when I'm next there!

I don't suppose you know anything about nc studio that seams to come on all these machines? Ours has its machine zero set some were in the middle of the table and it seams to go there first when you start a file for some reason? I can't find any were to change it or anything in the manual on machine zero?
    When you start your machine it should be homed this is the first thing you have to do, then where ever your part is placed on the table, this is your work offset= G54 X------ Y--------

When you start a program, what you have in your program is where your machine will go to check the X Y and Z axes positions in your program

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

P011=400

P027 220v

P028=400
    OK we went through all these and tried one at a time changing them and then tested and put it back before moving to the next one and nothing seamed to make much difference. Should we try changing them all together?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

When you start your machine it should be homed this is the first thing you have to do, then where ever your part is placed on the table, this is your work offset= G54 X------ Y--------

When you start a program, what you have in your program is where your machine will go to check the X Y and Z axes positions in your program
    When we start the machine we zero the work coordinates but the machine coordinate do not zero and are always set at something like x-40 y-600 z-70. Machine coordinates should also normally be 0,0,0 a one end of all of the axis not randomly in the middle of the table? But were is this set?

Downloads
    Uploads

OK we went through all these and tried one at a time changing them and then tested and put it back before moving to the next one and nothing seamed to make much difference. Should we try changing them all together?
    Yes they all need to be set

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

When we start the machine we zero the work coordinates but the machine coordinate do not zero and are always set at something like x-40 y-600 z-70. Machine coordinates should also normally be 0,0,0 a one end of all of the axis not randomly in the middle of the table? But were is this set?
    First you have to home the machine, the Machine coordinates never change they are fixed, so where ever the machine Homed position is this is your machine coordinates X Y and Z this Homed position can be changed in the software, but is normally set at the end of an axes max Travel with a Home / limit switch, do you have the manual for NC Studio

Once the machine is Homed you then move your X Y and Z to where you want it to start cutting and set the work offset G54 this is then related to each axes Home Position

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes they all need to be set
    ok will try this today

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

First you have to home the machine, the Machine coordinates never change they are fixed, so where ever the machine Homed position is this is your machine coordinates X Y and Z this Homed position can be changed in the software, but is normally set at the end of an axes max Travel with a Home / limit switch, do you have the manual for NC Studio

Once the machine is Homed you then move your X Y and Z to where you want it to start cutting and set the work offset G54 this is then related to each axes Home Position
    ok think we are talking about the same thing.. so the machine doesn't appear to have any home switches, and the home/machine zero is mid way down the table and some were along the horizontal and vertical axis not to one end like you are saying, I can not see any home button ether only one that will home it to were we set the work offset was set.

I have the manual for nc and I think it mentions something about it but its not very clear on how or were you set it. I'm used to mach3 were you just push a button to home the machine and then another to zero that out, this doesn't seam that simple?

I will maybe try and take a vid today if I can.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

sorry it took a while to get back to testing this, we tried all the setting together tonight however one of the setting seams to stop the spindle working all together!

number 34 we cant seam to change off of zero and we were not sure exactly what you meant about number 26 however it is a 6amp spindle.

Downloads
    Uploads

sorry it took a while to get back to testing this, we tried all the setting together tonight however one of the setting seams to stop the spindle working all together!

number 34 we cant seam to change off of zero and we were not sure exactly what you meant about number 26 however it is a 6amp spindle.
    P034=100 should only be 100 400 would be incorrect I will check why I posted 400, it would not hurt anything, it just would be in conflict with other settings, this also could be left at ( 0 ) if you can't change it

Your spindle @ 220v is 6.8A=1.5Kw so rounding it either way would be fine, so what is the VFD max output Amps it will be a percentage of that the VFD being 100%

P026 is a % of the VFD Drive max out put Amps so look on the VFD name plate to see what the max output amps are then your spindle amps is a % of that, this is what you put for setting P026

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Ok did some more checking and some of the parameters I gave you can not be changed, here is a new list to check or change, there my be more, this manual did not convert to English very well, I see that you have remote control connected this needs other parameter's set to work, that is not in this list

P003=0

P004=0

P005=400 Not sure about this one set it last for trying it may not set above 1.0

P009=5

P011=400

P026= Spindle Current Percentage of VFD output Current

P027=220

P033=400

P044=100

P045=10

P046=10

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ok did some more checking and some of the parameters I gave you can not be changed, here is a new list to check or change, there my be more, this manual did not convert to English very well, I see that you have remote control connected this needs other parameter's set to work, that is not in this list

P003=0

P004=0

P005=400 Not sure about this one set it last for trying it may not set above 1.0

P009=5

P011=400

P026= Spindle Current Percentage of VFD output Current

P027=220

P033=400

P044=100

P045=10

P046=10

Many thanks for all your help, we have been putting the parameters into the remote control rather than direct onto the vfd assuming it would be doing the same thing, so we should be only put them directly into the vfd ( same screenjust on the vfd) I will cheque if the numbers match as on the two screens as they are changed.

We now put the numbers back to the original setting should we just change the ones in the new list above?

Downloads
    Uploads

Many thanks for all your help, we have been putting the parameters into the remote control rather than direct onto the vfd assuming it would be doing the same thing, so we should be only put them directly into the vfd ( same screenjust on the vfd) I will cheque if the numbers match as on the two screens as they are changed.

We now put the numbers back to the original setting should we just change the ones in the new list above?
    Yes just reset these and see if it gets you going, some can set by remote, but I would not do that with this VFD

P005 I'm not sure if you can change it above 1.0, the rest should be fine

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I changed all the settings to the above and got nothing so set oo5 back to 1 and it started again however the spindle speed was going up and down so changed 026 back to 100 and that stoped that but still can not get it over the 9/10000 rpm. The biggest long shot but I don't suppose there is any one in Melbourne reading these forums that know anything?

Downloads
    Uploads

The biggest long shot but I don't suppose there is any one in Melbourne (not from therre!!!!) reading these forums that know anything?
    here is Scanned user manual for the HL3000 series VFD in English... I hope it will help u alot.
    Zippyshare.com - User_manual_for_inverter_HL3000_Series_scanned_Eng lish.zip