Need Help! Replacing the Flex shaft spindle for a compact hand router.

Thread: Replacing the Flex shaft spindle for a compact hand router.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Replacing the Flex shaft spindle for a compact hand router.

Hi Gang,
    I am just about to steam full ahead into machining with my TS-3040 H80.
    Having bought it 3 year ago and doing very little with it, I have now spent 2 years with life getting in the way, and now I have sorted almost every bug that annoyed me in trying to machine things as easy as I do at work.

My question is the machine was supplied with a flexi shaft spindle that ran through the pmw on the back of the control box.

I have replaced this with a 240v dewalt compact hand router and at present its just plugged into the wall socket and I manually have to turn it on/off.
    Iif I was to purchase a USA 3 pin plug power cord, cut it leaving 12" of cord and attach a uk 3 pin female plug on the other end, or purchase an adaptor as shown, thus enabling me to plug in the hand router to the control box.

WOULD THIS WORK AND WOULD THE PWM BE ABLE TO CONTROL THE SPINDLE SPEED.

Thanks for reading....