Need Help! Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?

I have a ChinaCNCzone 6040 CNC, which has given me no problems in the year that I've had it. I decided I would like to control the spindle from Mach3, but am having problems.

I have emailed the supplier in China, but get the usual rubbish answers, which are no help - they keep sending me a link for the cnc manual, which does not contain the info needed.

The control box has JMC 2M542-06 drivers, with a JP-845 four axis control board. All four axis work great, no problems there, and a Nowforever
    EN100S2R2B VFD.

I noted that the board has a PWM OUT socket, which conveniently fits the balance plugs from a 3S lipo battery, which I have loads of spares of.

What I have been unable to do, is work out the pin-outs for the socket. The only pin I have been able to determine is the +5V pin.

Is anyone familiar with this board, and able to offer advice on how (with just a DMM) I might be able to determine the other three pins functions? I believe the VFD pins to use are X1 (FWD) COM, AN1 (0 - 10V) and 12V (or a 5V feed from the board??)

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers, Jim

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?-jp-845-pwm-jpg   Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?-20170110_153304-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?

I now have some progress;

I can turn the spindle on, but it stays on - the relay does not switch off when asked.
    I can get the spindle to turn, but cannot adjust the speed
    The PC seems to lock up for a second or two when the spindle commands are issued

Any advice??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Noddy,

I have a very similar issue to you and I'm trying to get some sense out of the Chinese supplier to get this working, I'd be interested if you get anywhere .... I'll also let you know if I get anywhere too!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ravvles View Post
    Hi Noddy,

I have a very similar issue to you and I'm trying to get some sense out of the Chinese supplier to get this working, I'd be interested if you get anywhere .... I'll also let you know if I get anywhere too!
    I binned it and got one of these 5 axis BoB's - this also caused me a few issues until I realised the relay output on pin 17 was intermittent, so I am currently awaiting a replacement. As it stands, I can control the spindle speed from within Mach3, but have to hit the run/stop switch on the control box to switch the spindle on/off.

It was very easy to fit and wire up. They are all over ebay for £3 an upwards, with several UK sellers selling it for much higher prices than the Chinese, even though it is the same board......

If you decide to go this route, give me a shout if you need help.

Cheers,
    Jim

Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?-20170114_132803-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the response Noddy, for the sake of a few £ it might be worth me buying a new BOB as you've done and give it a go. Would you be able to take some photo's of your wiring and share them with me?? I'm not all that good with knowing what needs to go where! but I can easily follow instructions! lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No Prob. Buy a pack of these Leads to connect your axis drivers to the board as well.

This is the board in place, I've not yet wired in the external E-stop switch as I need to find a suitable place to mount it.

Using the leads I linked to above, this is how I connected them to the existing driver wiring. I removed the forth (white) wire from the plug as I did not need it.

This is the wiring from the VFD to the board.
    Yellow is X1 terminal, goes to pin 17 on the BoB
    Red is the AN1 terminal, goes to 0 - 10V spindle speed pin on BoB
    Black is COM terminal, goes to GND pin for spindle control on BoB
    I used 4 core shielded cable for these connections, and cut out the unused cable. The shield is also connected to the COM pin at the VFD only i.e. not connected at the BoB end.

VFD programmed as per this video

I've also attached the best manual for the board I was able to find.

I think that about covers it. The Mach3 settings are as per the attached manual.

Good luck!

Edited to add: You will almost certainly have to cut a slot in the control box for the USB connection. You need to power the board with both a 5V USB lead, and a 12 - 24V supply from your control box's power supply.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?-5axis_breakout_board-en-pdf   Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?-20170120_143651-jpg   Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?-20170120_143625-jpg   Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?-20170120_143551-jpg  

Last edited by Noddy1960; 01-20-2017 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Additional info

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome, thanks for the pics, are you using PWM to control the spindle frequency??

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The X1 pin starts & stops the spindle, while the AN1 pin controls the spindle speed via varying Voltage output by Mach3. All works fully automatic via Mach3.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Slight update on my situation, the Chinese company have now told me that as I didn't specify that I wanted to control the CNC directly from MACH3, they sent me a control box without an additional board that's needed to do this. They can send me one but it'll cost me $50. There is a board that connects to the "PWM-OUT" port on the control board, and the other end connects to the input terminals on the VFD! I don't know whether to do it or just to go down your route! it's seemingly cheaper! Have you managed to get yours going???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mine is working great with the new BoB. Spindle control is automatic, and can also be controlled from my hand control MPG.

I bought a spare board from eBay 'just in case' and it was £3 delivered!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good to hear! I've taken the plunge and gone down your route, I've ordered the BoB and connectors so i'll give it a shot! I might have a few questions for you when I start getting my hands dirty if you don't mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Noddy

I have a similar router that uses a JP-3163B board and the same VFD, I am trying to get my spindle to run with Mach3 also. I have had no luck, but was wondering if this might be my solution too? If so would you be willing to help me with the wiring if I needed it?

Thanks
    Walt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Noddy! I'm so confused! I've just got my board, soldered all the wires together, went to plug it all in and to my surprise, the parallel port on the new BoB is male with pins, the old board that came with the control box had a female connector with holes! did you have the same issue and did you have to buy a female to male parallel cable to connect it???

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for the late reply, I'm away from home on a course this week - my board came with a new parallel cable, so I didn't think to mention the different port gender.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ahh fair enough! mine didn't, only came with a USB lead! so I've ordered one today! good to know you're using the female lead and should still operate the same! :-)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Noddy! hope you're doing well and having a good course! I've just received my cable and connected everything up. It's mostly working ...... I can control all axis and the probe fine. When I send a command such as m3 s10000 to the spindle, I can see the Hz rising on the VFD display, the relay clicks on the BoB and the light illuminates but the spindle doesn't start to spin, obviously the "run" light on the VFD is also off. Have you had this issue? did you setup your pins etc in Mach3 as per the manual you found for the BoB?? If I put the vfd to local control, I can start and stop the spindle manually fine.

I loaded a parallel port monitor on the computer to take a look at what the pins were going and when I trigger the spindle to start, pin 1 seems to flash on and off, I don't know if this is normal though!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

No, I didn't get that problem. The only thing I can think of is have you un-ticked the "Disable Spindle Relays" check box in spindle setup under Mach3's ports and pins configuration?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1960 View Post
    No, I didn't get that problem. The only thing I can think of is have you un-ticked the "Disable Spindle Relays" check box in spindle setup under Mach3's ports and pins configuration?
    Unfortunately I haven't disabled spindle relay, if I do it doesn't click the relay on and off. I have tried to record a video showing what happens, take here https://youtu.be/v20aCr8kSTI

I checked the diagnostics on the vfd, menu d3, and it see a signal turning the spindle on, one of the menu items should change from 0 to 1 when it's active. I've tried differing cables from the BOB pin 17 to the X1 terminal on the VFD to see if that was the issue but it's still the same :-(

Lightbulb Re: Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?

Hi all,

I figured out how to control the spindle, On/Off and forward speed. I will try to make it short and clear.

I bought a CNC router from Scotle China Mini CNC Routers, CNC Engraving Machine & CO2 Laser Engraving Machine Manufacturer Supplier.. The control box I got labled CN 6040Z, similar to the one that Noddy1960 got.

My Setup:

1. 6040 CNC Router.
    2. CNC 6040Z Control box. It has all controll board show in Noddy1960 photos.
    3. I am using the default CNC software that came with the machine. It is "USB CNC Controller" by planet-cnc.
    4. I am using a USB port in my laptop and an LPT port in the control box.
    5. I copied Noddy1960 photos, edit them and posting them back here. Noddy1960, let me know if you want me to remove them.

Let us start:

6. First, configure your VFD as per the youtube link by CNCJ:

7. Use Photo 1 and Photo 2 to for the connection.

Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?-1-jpg

Scotle 6040 with JP-845 four axis BoB - PWM pins?-2-jpg

regards,

Khalil Al Ali

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I have exactly the same problem with a 6040Z router that I buy from the Chinese. It has the same JP-845 plate. I was looking for a diagram but I did not find it. Thanks to this publication that I did I am positive in solving the problem. My question is if buying a "5 Axis MACH3 CNC Breakout Board for Stepper Motor Driver" is the best option since I see other options and I have doubt if they can also work for my router. Another problem I have is that for more Feed Rate that I program ARtcam the router does not run fast. I have seen that other router very quickly machined a picture carved in wood and mine goes slower, I do not know if it has to do with this. Think of this other "5 Axis USB MACH3 Motion Control Card 200Khz CNC Interface Breakout Board NVUM" I saw on eBay. I do not know what is the difference between the one you used and the other one. One is BoB and the other is Motion Control, it is USB and I also imagine that for 200Khz it works faster. Maybe they can guide me a bit and tell me if I can solve this problem with this other card. thanks for your help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast