Hi, I have exactly the same problem with a 6040Z router that I buy from the Chinese. It has the same JP-845 plate. I was looking for a diagram but I did not find it. Thanks to this publication that I did I am positive in solving the problem. My question is if buying a "5 Axis MACH3 CNC Breakout Board for Stepper Motor Driver" is the best option since I see other options and I have doubt if they can also work for my router. Another problem I have is that for more Feed Rate that I program ARtcam the router does not run fast. I have seen that other router very quickly machined a picture carved in wood and mine goes slower, I do not know if it has to do with this. Think of this other "5 Axis USB MACH3 Motion Control Card 200Khz CNC Interface Breakout Board NVUM" I saw on eBay. I do not know what is the difference between the one you used and the other one. One is BoB and the other is Motion Control, it is USB and I also imagine that for 200Khz it works faster. Maybe they can guide me a bit and tell me if I can solve this problem with this other card. thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Noddy1960 View Post
No Prob. Buy a pack of these Leads to connect your axis drivers to the board as well.

This is the board in place, I've not yet wired in the external E-stop switch as I need to find a suitable place to mount it.

Using the leads I linked to above, this is how I connected them to the existing driver wiring. I removed the forth (white) wire from the plug as I did not need it.

This is the wiring from the VFD to the board.
Yellow is X1 terminal, goes to pin 17 on the BoB
Red is the AN1 terminal, goes to 0 - 10V spindle speed pin on BoB
Black is COM terminal, goes to GND pin for spindle control on BoB
I used 4 core shielded cable for these connections, and cut out the unused cable. The shield is also connected to the COM pin at the VFD only i.e. not connected at the BoB end.

VFD programmed as per this video

I've also attached the best manual for the board I was able to find.

I think that about covers it. The Mach3 settings are as per the attached manual.

Good luck!

Edited to add: You will almost certainly have to cut a slot in the control box for the USB connection. You need to power the board with both a 5V USB lead, and a 12 - 24V supply from your control box's power supply.