Help with JNC 6090A electronics replacement

Thread: Help with JNC 6090A electronics replacement

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Help with JNC 6090A electronics replacement

I'm looking for some help / advice in choosing a replacement controller board. I purchased a JNC6090A used roughly a year ago. I've been happily using it all year with few issues. This morning I got a "data send failed" error in Mach3. I've reinstalled Mach3, completely removed and reinstalled the Jinan USB driver, replaced the USB cable, and loaded a system restore point from a week ago (when it was functioning normally). I can move the spindle x,y,z using the keyboard in Mach3 but when I try to run any g-code, I get that error. I opened the side cover to check my connections and found a capacitor had fallen off the JNC-40M controller board and was laying on the bottom of the enclosure. I took a picture of the connections and then removed the board. I soldered the cap back on, making sure I had the polarity correct and reinstalled it but I still get the error. So, at this point I believe I need to replace the board. The machine specs are:

3 axis w/ 3 steppers -
    2x - 57BYGH311-01
    1x - 86BYGH450A-065D
    JNC-40M USB controller
    3x Leadshine m542 drivers
    1.5kw water cooled spindle w/ a Sunfar e300 VFD
    220v 1ph Toroidal power supply
    Ballscrews on all axis

I'm hoping to find a controller board that can control 3 axis, control the spindle, work well with Mach3, and has decent support in the US. Any help would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by iiianydayiii; 12-28-2016 at 07:03 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Help with JNC 6090A electronics replacement

So it's been a few days and here is what I've found so far:

Cheap -
    5 Axis CNC Breakout Board Interface For Stepper Motor Driver ST-V2 - US$
    5 Axis CNC Breakout Board Interface For Stepper Motor Driver ST-V2 - 13.00

Mid-Range -
    https://cnc4pc.com/c11gs-multifunction-cnc-board.html
    C11GS - Multifunction CNC Board - 100.00 (parallel port, spindle control)

As far as I can see, this one looks like a mostly drop in replacement for what I had previously w/ the exception of being better supported and being parallel only (which I don't mind). I'm kind of leaning toward this one right now.

Upper Budget Limit -
    PMDX.COM - Products for CNC and motion control applications
    Model PMDX-126 Revision C - breakout board -174.00
    PMDX.COM - Products for CNC and motion control applications
    Model PMDX-107 Isolated Speed Control - add in spindle control -57.00

I've also heard good things about this setup, possibly w/the addition of a smooth stepper in the future. Would this be significantly better in any way than the C11GS?

I had considered just getting a Gecko 540 or Leadshine mx4660 but it seems it would be an unnecessary expense since I already have, what I believe to be, decent stepper drivers.
    Am I missing anything?

Last edited by iiianydayiii; 12-30-2016 at 04:17 PM. Reason: added information

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I ALSO HAVE A JINAN 6090 CNC MACHINE WITH A SUNFAR E300 VFD. IT CAME WITH A BB TO BE USED WITH A USB PORT. I DECIDED TO MAKE A FEW CHANGES TO IT. FIRST CHANGE WAS THE X AND Y AXIS. THE X WENT ACROSS THE SHORT SIDE AND THE Y WAS ON THE LONG SIDE. I SWAP THE WIRES AND MUCH BETTER FOR ME. AS THE BREAKOUT BOARD GOES, ( I THINK YOU CALL IT A CONTROLLER) I PURCHASED ONE FROM "BUILD YOUR OWN CNC". I BUILD MY FIRST CNC USING THIER BOOK AS A GUIDE. I LEARNED A LOT FROM THAT. THEY HAVE SEVERAL TO CHOOSE FROM. THE ONE I BOUGHT WAS ABOUT $28.00 USD. THERE ARE MANY TO CHOOSE FROM, JUST MAKE SURE IF IT IS A MOTION CONTROL BOARD, A BREAKOUT BOARD, ETC. BEFORE YOU PURCHASE IT. DOCUMENT YOUR WIRES SETUP BEFORE SWAPING OUT.
    IF I COULD IMPOSE ON YOU, COULD YOU REPLY TO ME HOW YOUR E300 IS WIRED. I AM GETTING READY TO HOOK MINE UP FROM THE DISPLAY ON THE PANEL TO BEING OPERATED BY MACH 3. AT THE MOMENT IT LOOKS LIKE I CAN GET START/STOP BY CONNECTING CM AND FWD TO A RELAY ON THE BB. CM BEING THE GROUND AND FWD BEING THE POWER SUPPLY. I HAVE THE MACH 3 FIGURED OUT. WOULD YOU ALSO PROVIDE ME WITH THE PROGRAMING OF THE E300 VFD. I HAVE READ MANY DIFFERENT WAYS TO PROGRAM IT, BUT WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR INFO ON ONE WORKING.
    IF YOU WISH TO TALK OR CORRESSPOND PRIVATELY, SEND ME AN EMAIL AT JHRICHAIII@AOL.COM. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP. THANKS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

I ended up going with the PMDX-126 / 107 combo due to the fact they were the only company that actually offered support for their product. The first time I tried to call them, I spoke to Steve (who owns the company). With his help (and patience), we were able to rewire my router and I now have a fully functional machine. IT NOW HOMES!!! Homing never functioned with the previous motion controller no matter how it was configured in Mach3. Of course, before contacting PMDX, I tried calling the cheaper options. I didn't expect support for the 13.00 board so, no surprise there. I did contact Automation Technologies about their C11GS and was told I'd have to pay a consulting fee for any kind of support so I called PMDX. I'm quite happy I went with PMDX and have absolutely ZERO buyers remorse.

JHRICHAIII:
    I have my wiring as follows from my sunfar E300 to the pmdx-107:

AI -> Aout on 107
    CM -> AGND & COM on 107
    FWD -> FWD/RUN on 107

Hope that helps.

Last edited by iiianydayiii; 02-23-2017 at 03:22 PM.