CNC6040 lubrication

Thread: CNC6040 lubrication

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNC6040 lubrication

Hello everyone, I am using CNC6040 router for woodwork, I have question for people on forum who have experience on these machine, what is best lubricant (if any is needed) for axis sliders. Machine creates dusts and I am not sure how to lubricate it without risk of damage created from wood particles sticking to lubricant. Other question is about my ASKPOWER A131 VFD which is not controlled with MACH3 software as I am using it to control spindle separately. I set it at constant speed and its LCD reads 400.00, by noise it creates it seems to be running very fast. I am concerned is that too fast that can damage stepper motor and what is that 400.00 speed in RPM. Do I need to adjust the speed at lower level and what it would be best? Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNC6040 lubrication

I'm starting to think that lubrication is necessary. My 6040 doesn't like to move around the centre of the table. I tried milling a PCB and it failed two times in a row in a similar location. Maybe there's just too much slack in the axis drives, maybe lubrication won't help, but I guess it's the cheapest method to fix my problem if it's fixable.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi......this is just a suggestion and needs to be thought about for practicality but is very DIYable.........I have an air bearing spindle on my tool & cutter grinder and one thing it does, apart from making the spindle slide friction free, is to blow any dust off the spindle each end before it enters the housing body.

I think that if a low pressure oil mist set-up was attached to the ball nut and linear bearing blocks this would have a two fold benefit.....constant oil film lubrication but more importantly blow any dust off the screw before it enters the nut..... same for the linear rails too.

If the ball nut and linear bearing blocks are pressurised no dirt can get in and you won't have to worry about re-lubing the screw or rails ever......just a thought.

It's possible that a small air pump like an aquarium air pump would be sufficient to pressurise the nut and bearing blocks.

I have an airbrush pump and it's the size of a small aquarium air pump but can deliver up to 20 PSI,,,,,that would make it ideal as It's whisper quiet.
    Ian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am thinking that number on VFD FREQUENCY OR HZ that you are pumping into motor and not the rpm. Higher the frequency higher the rpm.

You may want to get a tachometer to check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dobrun2004 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am using CNC6040 router for woodwork, I have question for people on forum who have experience on these machine, what is best lubricant (if any is needed) for axis sliders. Machine creates dusts and I am not sure how to lubricate it without risk of damage created from wood particles sticking to lubricant.
    I don't have the 6040, but all machines are the same in this respect... No doubt that lubrication is necessary, but before you start lubricating it sounds like you need a good cleaning first. Don't lubricate without that. Also what you need is a dust extraction system of some sort. Even the simple dust shoe makes wonders. Never the less, lubrication is always necessary to reduce friction.

Quote Originally Posted by dobrun2004 View Post
    Other question is about my ASKPOWER A131 VFD which is not controlled with MACH3 software as I am using it to control spindle separately. I set it at constant speed and its LCD reads 400.00, by noise it creates it seems to be running very fast. I am concerned is that too fast that can damage stepper motor and what is that 400.00 speed in RPM. Do I need to adjust the speed at lower level and what it would be best? Thanks
    Sound like you need to read the manual. 400.00 is probably the VFD frequency but which RPM that is equal to depends on the VFD settings. If your motor can handle that or not is another matter.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AdaptingCamera/videos
    https://adapting-camera.blogspot.com