Need Help! 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings. - Page 6

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.

What's trick with the display is there is another digit you need to go left to inter the 4, so change the 5 to 0 and move left to put the 4.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Tried that, didn't work. I can change the 5 to a 4 but going one more to the left most 0 is not changeable - no up nor down, not unless I'm missing something in the list but I don't think so.
    Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by carl1961 View Post
    What's trick with the display is there is another digit you need to go left to inter the 4, so change the 5 to 0 and move left to put the 4.

OOh I just noticed what you said there - drop the 5 value to zero first then move left? I'll go try that, paint's drying so I'm stuck for a while.

Downloads
    Uploads

Nope didn't work, after getting through the d00X section when I try to change the 50.00 it changes it to 050.0 that's the only change I get, a change in the point.
    hmmmmm

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried this

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cncwiki/319612-cnc.html

And here or some YouTube videos

Might be different model, but setup screen is same

Downloads
    Uploads

Have you tried this

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cncwiki/319612-cnc.html

*Videos removed to save space*

Yes I have. I've got print outs of the parameters etc on my workbench in the garage and sit with my ipad watching videos (those two included) and the parameters comparing things - still no joy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings. Video Added

Here's the video of what's happening, included is the shudder worthy noise the spindle makes.

Downloads
    Uploads

I remember having the entering 400 long back when I did mine, it is tricky getting the far left digits entered especially if there is a max number (hard-coded in the firmware that it won't let you go over) another thing verify your spindle has 220 volts on it. if your power in is 220.
    try going left of the 50 and put 3 and then change the 5 to 0 and then back to the 3 and change to 4

Try it in the order that that was posted here before

you already did the factory reset so go to step 2 and hang d002 first then d001 and so on.

1) Reset the VFD to factory settings
    a) Set D001 to 1
    b) Set D176 to 1 and press Func (this resets VFD to factory settings)
    c) Set D001 to 1this allows you to change settings
    2) Reset the VFD to 400Hz max operating frequency rather than the 50Hz default:
    a) Set D002 to 400 (need to set this before D000)
    b) Set D000 to 400
    c) Set D003 to 400
    d) Set D009 to 400
    e) Set D021 to 400
    f) Set D093 to 400

Downloads
    Uploads

When it's on the 50 screen, nothing is changeable apart from it shifting the point, I tried to change the 0 before the 5 and it doesn't change it's either 50.00 or 05.00 - no amount of button pushing makes any difference. The 0 stays a 0 the 5 stays a 5 - can't go up nor down any digits??

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by TaffyCarl View Post
    When it's on the 50 screen, nothing is changeable apart from it shifting the point, I tried to change the 0 before the 5 and it doesn't change it's either 50.00 or 05.00 - no amount of button pushing makes any difference. The 0 stays a 0 the 5 stays a 5 - can't go up nor down any digits??
    even D002 ? this one has to be set first, it might restrict the other settings
    D002 Highest operation frequency 0.0 – 400.00Hz Restrict the highest frequency of the converter output

Last edited by carl1961; 03-24-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

even D002 ? this one has to be set first, it might restrict the other settings
    D002 Highest operation frequency 0.0 – 400.00Hz Restrict the highest frequency of the converter output
    Yep, even d002. The only changes I can make are D001 and D176 - nothing else is changeable.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have just purchased the CNCEST 1500 usb 6040 and dont seem to be able to get it to talk with the computer and or the Mach3 software

With switch in manual mode I can use the dial pot to start and stop the spindle speed but if I switch to PC mode nothing happens

When the router is connect to computer by usb a HID compliant device and a usb input device shows up in device manager without errors

Device manager also shows VSO DEVICE / Mach3 driver again all good

The supplier sent me a copy of mach3 to install and after installation copy 4 files into the mach 3 directory, 1 seems to be Illegal licence, a *.dat file and a couple of others'
    after that when mach3 is opened all settings for ports/Pins etc are supposed to be loaded and correct for this machine

Then u need to put in 24000 in spindle control etc and it should RUN with keyboard and or mach3 button but nothing happens.

Is there any way I can tell if the router and computer are connected

Computer is running windows 7 no antivirus

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6040 cnc PRT-E1500W vfd settings.-cnc-jpg  
    Last edited by Thomo13; 04-06-2019 at 12:10 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I too have been to this rodeo. The maker will not, cannot supply an english version of the vfd manual. Then I noted it was turning backwards so I swapped 2 motor leads, and it ran fwd for about a month while I'm finishing up the rest of the setup. While the vfd has a very plainly marked fwd and rev terminals, they can't be made to work, having no effect. Then last week while wriring up home switches, I noted it was running backwards again, without changing anything that touched the spindle controls in LinuxCNC, so I said screw it and ordered a another 110 volt vfd from the same maker that supplied the vfd for my Sheldon lathe conversion. Then today, while adding the last home switch, I noted it was running fwd again. You will likely be time, but not money ahead to pitch that whole box and do what I did, which was replace the motor drivers and their psu with something that can actually do the job, a 500 watt 40 volt psu and a stack of 4 2M542 drivers. The supplied 24 volt supply goes into foldback when the rotary is plugged in, running at 14 volts. Ditch it and put in something that can actually drive motors at 200+ IPM. And since the vfd isn't sure which direction to run the spindle motor, just ditch the whole box. The rest of the machine isn't too bad although it could use bigger X rails for improved rigidity in the y direction. If you could buy the machine sans that box of crap for around $800+freight it would be a good buy. For $1350 with freight and zero support, leave it in the box in the Chinese warehouse and get something else. You'll be happier in the long run. I've got it, I'm stuck with it, so I'm sinking additional money into it to get a working machine. Probably close to $2500 by the time its running well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Then today, while adding the last home switch, I noted it was running fwd again

im sure in one of the setup videos i watched allowed u to change motor rotation in the mach3 software

Activation process etiennebertrand's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Activation process etiennebertrand's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can find a complete manual with parameters settings there:
    https://imaginierie.com/2-different-...manufacturing/

Downloads
    Uploads

I have these instructions but have not one clue how to apply them. I press function set d001 then after that Im lost, what button is pressed next? up, down left right. i have now read and reread the instructions so many times. i just turn the thing off and leave the workshop angry. absolutely flumoxed the instructions need to be more clear..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    I have these instructions but have not one clue how to apply them. I press function set d001 then after that Im lost, what button is pressed next? up, down left right. i have now read and reread the instructions so many times. i just turn the thing off and leave the workshop angry. absolutely flumoxed the instructions need to be more clear..
    I feel for you mate. I have the same problem sometimes.Its very hard to write instruction for other people. I do it at work.

I don't have this setup but I will try to help if I can.

Think of the FUNC ket as the ENTER key.
    Use < to select the next digit position to the left.
    Use Up and Down arrows to to change the position selected Up or Down.
    Use FUNC button to save the changes.

Make some notes that YOU can follow for next time.

Good luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

I do really appreciate your reply, I will go and have a go, As I am an absolute beginner at this Ido not want to screw this up. Many many thanks fortaking the time to help and I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Brummie

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post
    I do really appreciate your reply, I will go and have a go, As I am an absolute beginner at this Ido not want to screw this up. Many many thanks fortaking the time to help and I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks

Brummie
    This video was already posted above and explain the menu layout.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast