Video Video Review of Chinese CNC Router from Unique CNC

Thread: Video Review of Chinese CNC Router from Unique CNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Video Review of Chinese CNC Router from Unique CNC

Here is the review of the CNC Router that I ordered from China (see this post for details http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...904-cnc.html):

Part 1:

Part 2:
    See link below...

I hope this helps someone else understand what you might be getting with a Chinese CNC machine. Here is the link to the company: Unique-CNC | 3 Shifts Spindles CNC Router...

Note that this machine was custom with all Chinese market items - spindle, stepper, motion controls, interfaces, etc - this machine would likely differ from a machine you might custom order (servos, italian spindles, etc).

Here is a photo of the crate being removed onto a large flat bed wrecker before being slid into the shop. I'd highly recommend asking them to forgo the entire case around the unit and only ship it on a plywood and steel base.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Video Review of Chinese CNC Router from Unique CNC-img_1125-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Video Review of Chinese CNC Router from Unique CNC

Congratulations

Shandong Yishun CNC Machinery Co.,Ltd Email: JACK.DONG@YSCNCROUTER.COM
    Whats App&Mobile: 0086-137-9314-0576 Skype: YSCNC05

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the part 2 video of the review:

I've now had this machine for 6 months and on the machine we use (two were purchased) there have been zero failures of anything - drive, steppers, electronics, etc. The other buyer who cuts plywood has had a failure of the bearings in one spindle. But at $350 for a complete spindle, it doesn't even matter and I ordered extra parts just in case since the down time is more expensive than the parts ever could be. We've run this machine about 12 hours per day (sometimes as much as 20 hours per day) for 6 months, 6-7 days a week. We've cut about 99% plastics - coroplast, HDPE, PP, etc - all lightweight stuff.

I'd say at this point, it was completely worth it. I wish we had the room to purchase two more so we could spread out jobs since they are so cheap. Heck, if it lasted a full year at current rates and died, I'd call it a huge win and order another one.

The main take away here is:
    * If you order it with mach 3, expect to do a LOT of configuration to get it working
    * Have your ducks in a row for importing it. We import lots of containers so it wasn't a big deal for us but if you don't have experience doing this, it could be expensive.
    * Make sure you have a good method of unloading it

Suggested improvements if I purchased it again:
    * Box in the "feet" so that material doesn't collect
    * Don't have the unit shipped in a crate - only have it shipped on the steel and plywood base. The crate does zero for you and only assures you that you'll slam a nail into your hand at some point while taking it off.
    * Have the unit made without a 240v to 120v transformer (I have no idea why they did this)
    * Switch from open to closed e-chain to keep out material
    * Have it pre-plumbed for air outlets for blow off guns
    * Have a few CAT5 cables pulled up to the Z and Y for use with cameras or other items
    * Have pre-installed e-stops in both Y axis housings
    * Have a pre-installed 110v power strip installed inside the control box for the monitor / PC
    * Have a pre-installed "long" USB cable from the control box to the front of the machine (for pendant)

I should also mention that since we work so close to the machine, we lined the entire Z and Y housings with sound deading material and then layered sound absorbing foam over that. This did absolute wonders to drop the noise level. I guess moving to servo could have done it also but it cost less than $100 to do it this way.

I hope this helps others looking at this excellent machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for taking the time to do this review. Hard to find detailed info on these imports.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dbtoutfit View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to do this review. Hard to find detailed info on these imports.
    Happy to help. I should mention that the machine in this review is still going strong. We run it from 12 to 18 hours per day, usually 7 days a week and so far no problems.

Looking to purchase a 2nd machine, so if you are in the Houston area, contact me and we can share a container.

Downloads
    Uploads

This machine is for sale as we have purchased two new servo machines. Price is $9,500 and is located in Houston TX.