Need Help! chinese CNC 3020 limit switch wiring

Thread: chinese CNC 3020 limit switch wiring

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question chinese CNC 3020 limit switch wiring

Hi guy's

could some please explain to me how i hook up limit switch's and Zero probe to this board please? like what wires go where?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chinese CNC 3020 limit switch wiring-20160621_202625-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: chinese CNC 3020 limit switch wiring

It appears that the components for inputs (connectors, optocouplers, probably the 12V voltage regulator, and who knows what else) are not populated on your board. You would have to trace the parallel port pins, figure out which parts are missing and solder them in.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    It appears that the components for inputs (connectors, optocouplers, probably the 12V voltage regulator, and who knows what else) are not populated on your board. You would have to trace the parallel port pins, figure out which parts are missing and solder them in.
    Have contacted supplier and they say ports P10,P12,P14,and P15 is for the limit switch and auto bit checking tool, but i have no idea as to what wires go where?

Downloads
    Uploads

The wires go to the missing connectors marked "IN1", "IN2" and so on. You have to check the board traces to figure out which one goes where and which components are missing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

from what i can determine from them there's nothing missing, apparently i just need to connect to those ports? just not sure which way to go about it, what wires go to IN and what goes to GD and VC? can i hook all limit switches to the 1 port or how do i go about it?

Downloads
    Uploads

The switches connect either between IN and GD, or between IN and VC, depending on whether the inputs are pulled up or down. What is the voltage on the IN pin? Is +12V present on the VC pin?

Yes, you can wire all limit switches in series and connect them to the same input. The probe will need its own dedicated input.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The switches connect either between IN and GD, or between IN and VC, depending on whether the inputs are pulled up or down. What is the voltage on the IN pin? Is +12V present on the VC pin?

Yes, you can wire all limit switches in series and connect them to the same input. The probe will need its own dedicated input.
    Hi citizenofdreams

between VC and GD i have 5.0V, and between IN and GD i have around 4.26V and GD meaning Ground 0V.

Downloads
    Uploads

In that case connect the limit switch between IN and GD. Does your CNC software have a screen where you can see the I/O status? Press the limit switch and see if the corresponding I/O pin changes.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes as we use planetCNC USB

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 2greedy View Post
    Hi citizenofdreams

between VC and GD i have 5.0V, and between IN and GD i have around 4.26V and GD meaning Ground 0V.
    Looking at the picture, it looks likeyou could getsomethrough hole jst 2.54mm 3 pin headers and run some jst 2.54mm (0.1") wired plugs to the back panel and add some sort of connectors. I used 1/8" 3.5mm stereo jacks for my probe and a 4pin connector like the steppers use for my limit switches. They look to be in,gd (ground). I used a common gnd on my limits on my 3040

Robi

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was just going to add headers to the pins and then run the wiring out through spare hole on controller to switches,

could i do this? also in my controller software the limit ports are grayed out, is that only because i have nothing attached to the ports for the software to determine they are there?

Downloads
    Uploads

The ports should not be greyed out based on what is attached (or not attached) to the I/O lines. After all, an open limit switch is the same as "nothing attached to the port". Look in the software settings, there must be a way to enable limit switches and/or assign port pins to them. Which software is it anyway? Mach3, LinuxCNC, something else?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The ports should not be greyed out based on what is attached (or not attached) to the I/O lines. After all, an open limit switch is the same as "nothing attached to the port". Look in the software settings, there must be a way to enable limit switches and/or assign port pins to them. Which software is it anyway? Mach3, LinuxCNC, something else?
    we use Planet cnc USB
    Software - PlanetCNC

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry, not familiar with this software. Just installed a copy to check it out. Nothing is greyed out on my machine, even though I don't have a controller connected to it. Can you post a screenshot?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello everybody,

I'm new in this Forum. I'm a student from Germany. I just bought the CNC 3020 USB version and want to put on some limit switches as well.
    Is someone familar with my cnc router USB Board?

I'm open for any help....

Thank you for replies.
    Chriss

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chinese CNC 3020 limit switch wiring-img_9581-jpg