JCUT 6090A

Thread: JCUT 6090A

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default JCUT 6090A

Hello guys! I'm new to this forum.

I'm into Aluminium engraving and wood carving.

After reading a lots of threads and stuff I decided to buy JCUT 6090 from Jinan CNC Equipment over CNC-Step High Z.
    I have several questions before I buy it.

Till now I had some ****ty CNC machine and my work process was following:
    1. Make vector model in CorelDRAW or AutoCAD.
    2. Use ArtCAM to generate toolpath for vectors I have made in AutoCAD/CorelDRAW - generate G-Code
    3. Use MACH3 to load G-Code and transfer it to machine.

I want from you, to confirm me would I be able to do the same with JCUT 6090A machine ?

I have also red that a lot of people have problems with adjusting MACH3 for machine is it true ? Is it hard to adjust MACH3 to machine ?

Thank you !

Izopaceni

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: JCUT 6090A

I've got the 6090B myself and couldn't be happier with it. Much better than the 6090A in my opinion, but to answer your question, the process of creating, loading and running the code is exactly the same as for other machines, but does the machine you're looking at come with NCStudio or is it wired ready for Mach3 as most of these come with NCStudio?

If it's ready for Mach3 then you'll have no more difficulty getting it setup than any other machine, in fact these machines are generally extremely well made with good drivers so it will likely be easier to configure than a lot of the cheaper Chinese units. There's a number of people on the forums here such as butterknife, (I think viroy as well?) and others who have setup their 6090 with Mach3 and could probably give you their xml config so your ready to go. But usually the seller will have the config for you to download or at least a doc with all the relevant settings.

In short, I wouldn't be the least bit concerned with getting it setup with Mach3, but I can guarantee you'll be very, very happy with the machine! They're the bees knees!

If your getting one I'd definitely be considering the B over the A version, in for a penny in for a pound I reckon.

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by aarggh View Post
    I've got the 6090B myself and couldn't be happier with it. Much better than the 6090A in my opinion, but to answer your question, the process of creating, loading and running the code is exactly the same as for other machines, but does the machine you're looking at come with NCStudio or is it wired ready for Mach3 as most of these come with NCStudio?

If it's ready for Mach3 then you'll have no more difficulty getting it setup than any other machine, in fact these machines are generally extremely well made with good drivers so it will likely be easier to configure than a lot of the cheaper Chinese units. There's a number of people on the forums here such as butterknife, (I think viroy as well?) and others who have setup their 6090 with Mach3 and could probably give you their xml config so your ready to go. But usually the seller will have the config for you to download or at least a doc with all the relevant settings.

In short, I wouldn't be the least bit concerned with getting it setup with Mach3, but I can guarantee you'll be very, very happy with the machine! They're the bees knees!

If your getting one I'd definitely be considering the B over the A version, in for a penny in for a pound I reckon.

cheers, Ian
    Thank you very much Ian!

I have red that there are some issues with supplier support afrer you pourchase a machine. But for jCut CNC I red only positive expirience. I hoppe mine will be the same.

I sent email to jCut yesterday but nobody answering. I hoppe they will

Downloads
    Uploads

There are a lot of cultural and business differences that can cause headaches to people accustomed to the more Western style of international commerce, and really, they're produced to a price point so you won't get any meaningful support from China in a lot of cases, but what you can do is limit the risk a bit.

For my machine instead of them sending me generic pics which may or may not resemble my machine they were building, I instead really hassled them very frequently to send me up to date pics of MY machine as it progressed, and I also asked for videos to show it working and cutting some sample bits with a walk around to see the whole machine. I got mine from Shandy at Jinan JCut, and seriously it's by far the best money I've ever spent. I love it, I'd put it in the loungeroom on display if the missus would let me!

I just couldn't be happier with it, despite some of the underneath casting being a little rough, everything about it is really well made and incredibly solid and robust. And I'm really glad I sprung for the little extra for the B version as the rails and blocks are great quality and don't show the slightest sign of wear after many, many, hundreds of hours of machining time.

The only thing I regret is buying the crappy 4th axis they all sell, they're really garbage and have no grunt whatsoever. As good as useless unless your maybe doing light engraving on round materials. You'll pretty much hear the exact same thing off everyone else who made the mistake of buying one.

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would like that other JCUT users join this thread ! So they can also share they opinion!
    Im planing to engrave aluminium plates (2mm thick). Before I used to use CNC machine made of MDF plates and with Makita spindle what was really funny and nerve-killing to use (but it was around 1500 euros).
    I hope I will have much more luck with next machine!
    If I decide to buy JCUT machine I will keep this thread updated with every single information !

Downloads
    Uploads

I regularly machine aluminium plate on mine, and it does it beautifully. The only pain with doing alu is you really need a mister as the cutters tend to gum up pretty quick if don't have any lubrication and you MUST clear the machining path of swarf, so till I come up with something better, I just give the odd spray of lanolin or WD-40, whatever's close to hand at the time and get great results.

Just engraving though, these machines will do that just fine. Engravings so much easier all round. I've engraved into steel with mine a few times as well.

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I regularly machine aluminium plate on mine, and it does it beautifully. The only pain with doing alu is you really need a mister as the cutters tend to gum up pretty quick if don't have any lubrication and you MUST clear the machining path of swarf, so till I come up with something better, I just give the odd spray of lanolin or WD-40, whatever's close to hand at the time and get great results.

Just engraving though, these machines will do that just fine. Engravings so much easier all round. I've engraved into steel with mine a few times as well.

cheers, Ian
    Do you have close-up pictures of your engraving work ?

They just offered me a price of 3000 USD for 6090B with water channel ... i think it's a good deal.
    At monday I will go to local university, they have CNC STEP HIGH Z 1000 - https://www.cnc-step.de/en/products/...1000-xyz-table to check it out and I will decide which one I'll buy.
    But Chinese machine seems to be much more robust and compact.

Hello,Izopaceni,

I read your demands carefully. For engraving aluminum,the table need to be water tank for cooling the bits and the materials.

PMI Square rail is better for this working,the precision,the stability will be better.

Mach 3 is also not difficult,we will send the video about how to adjust the Mach 3,when you get it,do it as per the parameter we provied will be ok.

If you are interested,welcome to contact with me . my email is jenny@toyeacnc.com ,toyeacnc@hotmail.com .

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Izopaceni View Post

They just offered me a price of 3000 USD for 6090B with water channel ... i think it's a good deal.
    At monday I will go to local university, they have CNC STEP HIGH Z 1000 - https://www.cnc-step.de/en/products/...1000-xyz-table to check it out and I will decide which one I'll buy.
    But Chinese machine seems to be much more robust and compact.
    I Missed this one sorry, I'll try and take some pics of a few things I've been working on so you can see the sort of stuff you can expect.

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Izopaceni View Post
    The big frame at the bottom is made of 3 x 6mm thick aluminium plates for a letterbox. All machined, cutout, and pocketed on the 6090 with a 6mm carbide 3 flute endmill.

The big mount standing up is a piece of 40mm or so thick aluminium machined for a spindle mount, biro for comparison, again machined on the 6090.

The carved timber in the foreground is what I do a lot of, 3D machining using on average a 1mm diameter ball nose, and sometimes a 0.5mm diameter ball nose cutter for very fine resolution small work. I might line up 8 or so of these at a time, so the machine really gets a work out with them!

cheers, Ian

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JCUT 6090A-letterbox-jpg  
    It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The big frame at the bottom is made of 3 x 6mm thick aluminium plates for a letterbox. All machined, cutout, and pocketed on the 6090 with a 6mm carbide 3 flute endmill.

The big mount standing up is a piece of 40mm or so thick aluminium machined for a spindle mount, biro for comparison, again machined on the 6090.

The carved timber in the foreground is what I do a lot of, 3D machining using on average a 1mm diameter ball nose, and sometimes a 0.5mm diameter ball nose cutter for very fine resolution small work. I might line up 8 or so of these at a time, so the machine really gets a work out with them!

cheers, Ian
    What feeds and speeds are you running for the aluminium jobs?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Also - with the router design - what have JCUT done to eliminate backlash? I think you mentioned that yours uses normal steppers - do you ever lose steps / had issues like that?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lael View Post
    Also - with the router design - what have JCUT done to eliminate backlash? I think you mentioned that yours uses normal steppers - do you ever lose steps / had issues like that?
    I did have a weird issue with lost steps on maybe 3 occasions over the years where one axis would end up 40mm or so out, but I worked out it was because of all the really intensive 3D finish machining. Whatever axis I aligned the Raster Angle to, the stepper for that axis got amazingly hot due to the extremely large amount of moves. Attaching a heatsink and fan to the stepper (I posted pics in another thread here http://www.cnczone.com/forums/portfo...ml#post1870142 )and that fixed it well and truly.

I now run 3D finish jobs for 6-8 hours routinely without issue, as well as heavier machining in timber and aluminium.

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did have a weird issue with lost steps on maybe 3 occasions over the years where one axis would end up 40mm or so out, but I worked out it was because of all the really intensive 3D finish machining. Whatever axis I aligned the Raster Angle to, the stepper for that axis got amazingly hot due to the extremely large amount of moves. Attaching a heatsink and fan to the stepper (I posted pics in another thread here http://www.cnczone.com/forums/portfo...ml#post1870142 )and that fixed it well and truly.

I now run 3D finish jobs for 6-8 hours routinely without issue, as well as heavier machining in timber and aluminium.

cheers, Ian
    Thanks - heatsinks on the steppers! Is that an indication that a stronger stepper motor is required?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by lael View Post
    Thanks - heatsinks on the steppers! Is that an indication that a stronger stepper motor is required?
    No, not at all, if you saw the size of the gcode I generate, and the amount of very fine 3D machining any stepper would seriously heat up. But the issue only occurred probably 3 times in all the years I had the machine due to extreme jobs, but most importantly was only limited to the axis I aligned the raster angle to.

For example there may be 10,000 Y axis moves, but 500,000 X axis moves as the raster angle was aligned to the X axis. And anyway, a bigger stepper isn't always best due to the speed/torque curve, so the steppers I have are more than adequate for all my needs.

That does raise a good point though, at no point no matter how big the gcode is, NCStudio never, ever gets bogged down, even though it's running on an old P4.

cheer, Ian

It's a state of mind!