Newbie question

Thread: question

Downloads
    Uploads

Question question

I am in the process of ordering a chinese machine. This is my question on the shipping of a machine for those who do not have a business like me. Who put into garage. How did you get it move once it arrive. Did you have to find a forklift. My concern is the weight of the package. 20000 kg . the actual machine is 550 kg which is a little over a thousand pounds. How did people get it done. Can several people get it move. I am thinking of hiring some movers and haulers to get it done. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: question

Assuming there's a typo in your message, and the packaging isn't 19,450kgs, you may find a pallet truck invaluable for moving the machine. You can get them second hand rated for 1000-2000kgs quite cheap. My mill is 750kgs and I had a truck with an extending boom lift place that in my garage, and then rolled on pipes to get it in position.

You'd be very surprised how easily you can maneuver a heavy object with just a decent amount of leverage.

cheers, Ian

It's a state of mind!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: question

thaanks that helps there is a homedepot that rents those things. my is 550kg thanks for the info