Newbie OmioCNC report - Page 70

Page 70 of 108 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2141

Thread: OmioCNC report

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
    Much smaller connector - its a YC8-4P... nice little push lock connector actually. Other end is just bare wires with the idea being you just run it straight to your boards probe input terminals.

I keep meaning to try out the fusion probing function, which would be great if it works. I've used it as a manual edge finder (just jog up to corner, start jogging in a 0.01mm steps and you can see on the mach diagnostics screen when the contact breaks, jog back a step or two until the diagnostic screen shows the probe input turning off and that's your corner +/- 1.5mm depending on what side of the work piece you are (it's a 3mm ball iirc). Other than that I've just used mach4's built in probing functions but I haven't had too much reason to use it lately as most of my 2 sided work has had dowels I could use to zero the part.

As long as your piece can be located accurately in X or Y, you only need one probing location to set zero. If you don't align in X/Y then you'd need to do some clever stuff playing with offsets, but the built in probing in mach4 only offers that from referencing a straight edge. Working out an offset from two holes would require some clever macro, probably very difficult if the two holes weren't on the same alignment on the work piece.
    Cheers OmioCNC report

Anyone using the omio BOB know if it's got the pins for it?

Regarding the 2 holes thing, I was just thinking record the machine coords at the centre of each hole and work out the part zero from that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

> start - 15.6
    > End - 17.8

That is COLD!

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    > start - 15.6
    > End - 17.8

That is COLD!

Cheers
    Roger

Celsius

Shorts and t shirt weather OmioCNC report

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    Cheers OmioCNC report

Anyone using the omio BOB know if it's got the pins for it?

Regarding the 2 holes thing, I was just thinking record the machine coords at the centre of each hole and work out the part zero from that?

You could but little point - you get all you need from one zero reference.

Downloads
    Uploads

you get all you need from one zero reference.
    Unless the part you are working on is spinning happily around that one hole.
    A second hole might be useful.
    I think the OP is talking about the part, not the table.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes I was specifically thinking about part flipping in a vice. 2 holes gives you part zero and alignment.

Downloads
    Uploads

Regardless of whether the BoB has the pins for it (sorry, I can't even remember if it does), AFAIK Mach3 only supports a single probe input. So you'd be back to the ports and pins + reset anyway - not to change the Active Low status of the probe pin but to change the pin being used.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, Mach3 only supports a single probe input, but there is nothing to stop you from having two probes and ANDing (or ORing) the outputs together. I do this so I can use both a Z axis touch probe and a ZTO plate together.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

Absolutely and it's what I will be doing with mine so I don't have to play swapsies all the time.

My point was more that there's no point in wiring both in independently & directly to the BoB, you still need to switch them in the config every time you want to use one or the other.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    Absolutely and it's what I will be doing with mine so I don't have to play swapsies all the time.

My point was more that there's no point in wiring both in independently & directly to the BoB, you still need to switch them in the config every time you want to use one or the other.
    Do you know if there's anything 'off the shelf' that can be modified to do it with? (Make this inverter switch thing)

Downloads
    Uploads

Nothing springs to mind.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    Nothing springs to mind.
    Sounds like a little profit spinner for anyone with the nous to do it for lazy and incapable people (like me).

If anyone decides to make one, make a second whilst you're at it and I'd be more than happy to pay you for your time.

Downloads
    Uploads

When I do it, I might chuck it up on something like SEEED Fusion. I use 'em to make my PCBs anyway, but they offer the option of populating and selling the boards - for bucks or as an open source thing - as well.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will happily send some of your strange australian dollars your way should you choose to make one for me

Downloads
    Uploads

Can we get a discount on a group buy? OmioCNC report

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm having a bit of a purge of dive gear (long term hobby/passion has finally run its course) at the moment which will free up a bunch of time and space for just this kind of project. Will make a new thread when it's ready.

Downloads
    Uploads

Post a link on here when you do please. I only follow this thread.

Downloads
    Uploads

Wilco.

Might look at a few odds and sods and an easy way of hooking them up together, too. Because I already have an inverter for the PWM input to my laser driver. And it would be nice to have the solenoid drives for the mist/air blast coming out of the g-code too. Etc, etc, etc.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@dharmic, Im thinking of buying the X6-2200L-USB CNC, 3-axis, at OmioCNC as you did, so I was glad to found this topic. The first page already started with a lot of useful info, but when I turned to page 2, I noticed that this thread has 116 pages!!! No way I'm going to read them all and I lost it a bit when I tried to read the last 4 pages.

So in short, are you still happy with your choice and are there things to take care of before buying? Just a few words are enough.

Downloads
    Uploads

The earlier purchases all look to be solid and trouble free. Myself and another user who bought in the last 12 months have had problems. Mine turned out to be a faulty linear bearing and faulty psu. OMIO never bothered to reply to numerous repeated requests for support, I had to find and fix the issues for myself, at an extra cost of around £120 if I remember correctly.

I guess it depends where you are in the world, but for this machine + shipping there was nothing I could find in a similar budget that could really compare to this. There are some things that want(need?) changing, and the build quality from the factory on my machine at least was abysmal, but a couple of hours pulling it to pieces, retapping and properly aligning holes, tightening bolts properly etc the machine itself is mostly quite good now. It can hold tolerances far better than I expected it might and can machine really quite presentable pieces out of aluminium. It's perfect and all you'll ever need for cutting wood.

Whilst I'm very happy with mine now, if I was buying another machine I wouldn't buy another from OMIO.

Whilst I'm here Dharmic you were just about bang on the money about the bed, £480 for materials and machining. I've plumped for it, looking forward to getting it in.

Page 70 of 108 FirstFirst ... 20606768697071727380 ... LastLast