Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 2141

Thread: OmioCNC report

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OmioCNC report

Many thanks Dharmic,

This is already very useful.
    I had an old pc with windows XP on it, did a fresh install of windows on it and installed Mach3, so I have a clean situation here :-)
    The switches do work, the leds light up and a message about an home switch appears appears....
    However they don't stop the motors also when I click the "Ref All " Home button.
    So there must be a setting somewhere that I miss... this surprises me because I thought that with copying all the provided file from Omio, I would be all set.

I think I saw a setting in Mach3 somewhere about automatic resetting; will try to find it.

Regards, Robert

EDIT: There is also a warning in Yellow: "Axis not referred to normal condition". I guess this is related?

Last edited by VisualConduct; 07-16-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

EDIT: There is also a warning in Yellow: "Axis not referred to normal condition". I guess this is related?
    That message just means that at some point, you clicked the button to set the condition as "normal", and then changed something. It's the absolute worst feature in Mach3, and should be completely ignored, as it causes nothing but confusion, unless you are using it for a specific reason, and understand exactly how it works. It has zero effect on Mach3 functionality.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

It's also what happens when you reset (or start) Mach3 until you've done that ref axis sequence. Completing the sequence will fix it.

The settings file from Omio worked fine for me. A couple of things to check then:
    1. Do the switches match up with the correct home points, ie make sure X lights up X, Y/Y and Z/Z.
    2. Are the motors in the correct connectors? Z is obvious, X moves the head across the gantry, Y moves the gantry itself.
    3. Are the motors homing in the right direction, ie do they head toward the switch or away from it?
    4. Are the switches actually engaging? My Y axis occasionally misses the switch and tries to keep going, a quick re-alignment and it's good again. You can confirm this either by switching to the diagnostics page once you start the ref all sequence, or just by using your finger to tap the switch once an axis starts moving and see if it stops then.

Downloads
    Uploads

To the best of my knowledge (which may be limited), the UK laws should be about the same as the Oz ones.

Cheers
    Roger

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All

Don't post much but I follow it allOmioCNC report
    Been pushing my x6 pretty hard if late so now I'm getting ready for a few upgrades.
    First will be the Bed waiting for a quote on this ATM

Hopefully it's not to crazy expensive....
    Then next I'm gonna have a look at an ATC BT30 spindle and VFD. Anyone have any suggestions ??
    Great thread all love ya work

Charlie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Having just done a bed upgrade, I'd go very carefully over what you hope to accomplish. It will improve Z accuracy by reducing flex of the base under tool load. But that's about it. The machine is still pretty lightweight so don't expect to see better accuracy, less vibration or any of that sort of thing out of it. If that's where you're headed I'd be putting the money into a mill or a steel construction router instead of chasing the Omio rabbit down the hole.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cheer dharmic I'm definitely struggling with decision
    Spend ....$6k upgrading the X6
    Or
    $40k on a cheap VMC.....
    My business just isn't big enough yet ...
    decisions decisions .... OmioCNC reportOmioCNC report

Downloads
    Uploads

Great... After a hard drive failure I had to reinstall everything, after that things started to make sense; i might have skipped a reboot step that caused me trouble also because before the Z moved in the wrong direction after hitting 'ref all home'.
    Now the only trouble was the switch for the Z did not engage fully at the right moment, adjusting the metal piece a little solved it. :-)

Another thing if you don't mind .....
    I am using Fusion 360 at the moment to create G code, when I start the program it does not engage the spindle and when I turn the spindle on in advance, the program switches it of (and yes... there is 'S1000 M3' in the code).
    Any Fusion 360 users here and did you need to make changes to the 'Mach3Mill' postprocessor?

I guess I need to learn about G-code, i found the 'G-wizard-G-code editor', is that something you would recommend or are there better options.

Many thanks gentlemen for your help, its much appreciated.

Regards, Robert

EDIT: Commenting out M5 before S1000 helped to not switch of the spindle after manually switching it on.
    EDIT 2: After a little bit more searching I understood that M3 should turn on the spindle. But inputting this in the MDI and hit enter does not switch the spindle on. I can however change to speed that way, but only once. And I can switch off the spindle with M5

Last edited by VisualConduct; 07-17-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

1000 rpm is too low for these spindles, there may be some software limit like the soft limits on the axis. Others will know better. I use the mach3mill post in fusion exactly as it is, haven't changed a thing, and it works perfectly for me so far.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Mmpie,

Yes actually its S10000 in the code.
    I tried several things in the MDI but cannot make it work.

Regards, Robert

Edit 1:There is actually an error showing up in the status bar: "Scripter Compile error: in M3.m1s"

Edit 2: Another problem solved: https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...,20164.10.html
    I was suspecting that there was something wrong with the spindle speed, but after modifying the M2.m1s file as described in that thread: my worries regarding this are over :-)

Last edited by VisualConduct; 07-17-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Does the program continue to run without the spindle running? Or does Mach 3 disconnect from the machine and trigger the e stop?

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes it continued to run without the spindle running, it was digging itself into the wood.
    I was just in time to hit the RED button :-)
    But I have it running now.

One thing I noticed is that the sizes are of: instead of 80mm square I have 80,35mm.
    What could be the cause of this, do I need to tune the motors?

Downloads
    Uploads

I had some dimensions like that at the start when I was having running issues but everything I've bothered to measure recently has actually been pretty bang on in X and Y. Z is a different story altogether. I've since changed one of the Y bearings, stripped everything down, given it all a good clean and put in a new PSU so I don't know if any of those things were the cause and also haven't measured enough finished pieces of work to state that it's better now either.

Downloads
    Uploads

instead of 80mm square I have 80,35mm.
    Mach3 does have an axis calibration page, plus full instructions in the PDF.

However, you would have to check first how much backlash and flex you are getting.

Cheers
    Roger

Downloads
    Uploads

deflection can certainly do a lot of that if you're taking heavy cuts. If you re-run your finishing profile pass and you get new chips then just the frame flexing is causing your parts to be off size.

Cutter size can also be a factor, my 6mm Omio 0flue cutters cut like .1mm undersize from the label.

And keep in mind your CAM, if you have a tolerance setting there that could also effect your toolpaths. Worth double checking if you're not writing your gcode by hand.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chucka103 View Post
    Cheer dharmic I'm definitely struggling with decision
    Spend ....$6k upgrading the X6
    Or
    $40k on a cheap VMC.....
    My business just isn't big enough yet ...
    decisions decisions .... OmioCNC reportOmioCNC report

Wouldn't spending 6k on something like a tormach be a better bang for buck upgrade than a new spindle and bed for the omio?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OmioCNC report

Quote Originally Posted by RCaffin View Post
    To the best of my knowledge (which may be limited), the UK laws should be about the same as the Oz ones.

Cheers
    Roger
    I must admit I'm a bit worried about the electrics passing the PAT test. They were exempt this year due to being under a year old but will be included next time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mmpie View Post
    Wouldn't spending 6k on something like a tormach be a better bang for buck upgrade than a new spindle and bed for the omio?

Hi mmpie

I'm struggling for options I need a minimum travel of 400x300mm and 15000rmp on the spindle for the type of work I do and I won't get any change from 20k+ for a tormac and it doesn't meet my needs....
    Do you guys know of anything with those specs under 20k and under a ton ?
    Cheers
    Charlie

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CNCZONE friend just want to pass on the saving to you, I been buy tool from eBay and amazon from this seller
    Kyocera Carbide Outlet get price below market price. check out the link below if you look for tool like
    End Mill, Drill, Thread Mill etc...

amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/s?marketplace...&redirect=true

EBay

Kyocera Carbide Outlet | eBay Stores

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by chucka103 View Post
    Hi mmpie

I'm struggling for options I need a minimum travel of 400x300mm and 15000rmp on the spindle for the type of work I do and I won't get any change from 20k+ for a tormac and it doesn't meet my needs....
    Do you guys know of anything with those specs under 20k and under a ton ?
    Cheers
    Charlie

I'm not 100% on these machines, I didn't waste much time looking at them as they were way above my budget. At the lower end there's the bigger 6090 machines which look quite substantial but still seem to have the crappy hollow bed. Over here we have some AXYZ machines which to be fair do look damn good.

I was only planning on buying one of those cheap openbuilds router kits to dick about with and ending up spending way more than I intended on the OMIO OmioCNC report

Page 65 of 108 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875 ... LastLast