Newbie OmioCNC report - Page 5

Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Thread: OmioCNC report

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OmioCNC report

To Marauder - I got your pm but when I tried to reply I got this message:

Marauder has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Omio told me that they sent the links to the setup files with the tracking details (which I never got, probably because we ordered two machines at the same time and I think the tracking details got sent to my friend), so you might want to check that email.

But either way, the files are here for you and anyone else that needs them:

Manual and setup for X6-2200L (including the drivers)
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6...ew?usp=sharing
    Note: After downloading the zip file, unzip it, then see the "Mach3-Setting-Instructions.pdf" first, and follow the instructions step by step.

Wireless control handle instructions link
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6...ew?usp=sharing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Been lurking about here waiting to see if anyone is cutting anything. Not ordered my machine just yet, still leaning on the 2200 though. My main focus will be G10 and occasionally carbon fiber plate. Lots of talk about misters. Has anyone considered a tray with fluid, sort of a shallow damned pool of sorts making a constant coolant/dust containment bath?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah that's by far the best way to cut CF in a DIY/home environment... Much better than a dust boot and hepa vac.

I have been meaning to build one for a while after seeing it in action, but I haven't needed to cut any cf lately. I'm wondering whether to build one for the 2200L or just build a coolant tray that can be plugged to achieve both that and the ability for flood coolant.

Downloads
    Uploads

I built my table/enclosure with a 1" tray to catch any coolant that dropped down with the intention of running flood, but then switched to mist anyway as a plan for lubrication. Still waiting on parts to make that bit happen. Never looked at a bath.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is the footprint of 2200L?
    I need to build the table and need the dimensions.

Thanks,
    Alex

Downloads
    Uploads

My enclosure is (in mm) 760w x 950d x 690h, which gives enough room to clear the motors and a bit of space for clamping fixtures overhanging the table edge but not so much room that I can clean the tray without taking the sides off.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great thanks.
    Could you also tell me distance between the legs? Website shows 880 x 665 but this is including the motors. I'm interested to know what is the distance without the motors.

Thanks,
    Alex

Downloads
    Uploads

There's also the overhang of the ends of the gantry and the Y cable chain tray from the table to consider. But the base is 480mm wide by 750mm deep as a footprint for putting on a table.

I found that the amount of mess it generates working open like that was intolerable, so made an enclosure with walls to keep it contained. You could keep on top of most of it with a vacuum cleaner and shoe if you're only working with wood. Most of it. But when working with metal and coolant the vacuum doesn't have a chance, the floor around the machine gets covered in flung coolant and evil bastard metal splinters.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. That's exactly whatI needed to know.

Alex

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    Quick update. Couldn't get it going yesterday but tried again today with a new install of Mach3 and hey hey, it's all running.

A little bit of a mismatch between their tool setter documentation and the on-screen settings available in Mach3 but nothing a little mental arithmetic can't sort out.

Only testing with a fibreboard floating floor offcut at the moment but 3000mm/min feedrate seems perfectly fine with a 0.5mm depth of cut.

Still need to see how it goes with aluminium, and plug in the 4th axis for a bit of a play.

But so far, so good. I'm quite impressed with how this is going.
    Quote dharmic;1733548 -Hi,I need some advice and you may be the right person to contact. I have just set up my OMIO machine identical to yours. I followed instructions provided, and I have Mach 3 software working on the laptop, power is through to the motors but when I adjust the X and Y on Mach 3 the motors don't respond and neither does the spindle. I transferred the code as directed but I am thinking I have not configured settings correctly, maybe the ports and pins? Is there something I have missed, can't get past test.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have you pressed the flashing reset button on mach3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

^^ this.

If it's in its emergency stop / reset state nothing's going to happen. Hit that button first, then home all axes, then start driving it around.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default OmioCNC report

Just as an aside, I have now replaced the spindle cable with shielded 4 core and hooked up the earth. As suggested I have gone with a star ground and I've just finished the first job after putting it all back together... Machine behaved impeccably.

So a bit early to call it a success but early signs are indeed positive, and now my machine won't electrocute me if the spindle or wiring develops a fault and the VFD is wired as per Nowforever's instructions.

OmioCNC report-imageuploadedbytapatalk1445192943-682748-jpg

I do still need to fully isolate the psu and emi filter from the case, so that the earth wires are the only return path... It is however working fine at the moment as is.

Last edited by zeeflyboy; 10-18-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes done that, double checked installation procedures so many times. signal not reaching machine.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes zeroed the axis but signal not reaching machine. as per my message double checked all procedures and connections. I have re-installed mach3 during the process but something is missing and can't see what, and yes control box is on and power going to motors. Have reset when indicated on mach3. damn frustrating, regards Mike

By the way there are 2 collets that come with the machine and I have a set of 1/4" bits - does anyone know the best place in Aussie to get a 1/4" collet to suit the OMIO2200 spindle?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just search for ER20 collets (assuming you have the 220v spindle) - you will find whatever size you are after.

What windows are you running? If windows 7, have you run the memoryoverride.reg by double clicking it?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, double clicked it when I placed it in the mach3 folder - was that the appropriate time to double click it? Then rebooted. I am thinking I need to do another uninstall and start again. With the transfer of the files are they transferred in one bundle into the root folder C:/mach3 or are the macros placed in the macro folder and the plug ins in the plug in folder?

Downloads
    Uploads

I expanded the zip then copied the contents of Settings into the mach3 folder. It should replace some of the files/folders in the mach3 folder, not create a new folder in there. If you've expanded the folder inside Mach3 it won't work.

Mate, this is on page 1 (step 2) of the settings instructions pdf that came with them. I admit it took me a couple of goes where I "knew computers" and got it wrong before I stopped, engaged "stupid sheep following the instructions one by one" mode, and had great success.

I'd remove and reinstall, and this time follow the instructions to the letter without taking shortcuts - if you do that you should be up and running in no time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zeeflyboy View Post
    Just as an aside, I have now replaced the spindle cable with shielded 4 core and hooked up the earth. As suggested I have gone with a star ground and I've just finished the first job after putting it all back together... Machine behaved impeccably.

So a bit early to call it a success but early signs are indeed positive, and now my machine won't electrocute me if the spindle or wiring develops a fault and the VFD is wired as per Nowforever's instructions.

OmioCNC report-imageuploadedbytapatalk1445192943-682748-jpg

I do still need to fully isolate the psu and emi filter from the case, so that the earth wires are the only return path... It is however working fine at the moment as is.
    Nice work!

Mine hasn't done a long job since the issues I had with the controller disappearing on me but I haven't seen that problem return so I haven't bothered. One day maybe

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fry View Post
    By the way there are 2 collets that come with the machine and I have a set of 1/4" bits - does anyone know the best place in Aussie to get a 1/4" collet to suit the OMIO2200 spindle?
    You could probably a 1/4" collet locally from somewhere like machineryhouse (Hare and Forbes) or similar. For the same price (about $30), you could buy a whole set ranging from 1mm to 13mm from eBay. No prizes for guessing which of these I did.

I'm a little surprised the 6mm collet that comes with it won't open up enough to take 1/4" though - just a little bit to small?

Page 5 of 108 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast