Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108 LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2141

Thread: OmioCNC report

Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy Re: OmioCNC report

Hi there, 1st post here:

I received the OMIO X8-2200 5 days ago.
    Having some issues with OMIO technical support - don't know yet if it is due to bad handling (DHL) only or some other manufacturing deficiency.
    I'll come back with info as soon as the problem gets solved... or not.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OmioCNC report-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OmioCNC report

Hi all. I just got the Omio X8-2200L with 4-axis version AH60-XX80M-10. Everything seems to work fine so far, except the 4th axis. I'm getting a lot of rattling noise and it moves very slow. Also, when I enter "G0 A90" in MDI it goes to approximately 25 degrees instead.

My settings.

Motor Tuning:
    Steps per: 13.333
    Velocity: 600
    Acceleration: 200
    Step Pulse: 5
    Dir Pulse: 5

Motor Outputs:
    Step Pin#: 8
    Dir Pin#: 9
    Dir Low: No
    Step Low: Yes
    Step Port: 1
    Dir Port: 1

Edit: I also noticed a+ is in the counter-clockwise direction. Is this normal? I'm used to having it the other way round. Is there a setting to change this?

Last edited by IsakAndersson; 08-13-2020 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Weird ASCII no workie.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMassier View Post
    Hi there, 1st post here:

I received the OMIO X8-2200 5 days ago.
    Having some issues with OMIO technical support - don't know yet if it is due to bad handling (DHL) only or some other manufacturing deficiency.
    I'll come back with info as soon as the problem gets solved... or not.
    I would appreciate any help and advice in sorting things out.
    OMIO does only:
    "We know our machine better than you"
    "Why did you disassembled it"
    "You can ship it back to China at your own expense"
    "The "problems" you think are normal assembly processes in production, but you don't have this ability , otherwise everyone can produce it."

Here is a link to a video I made with the info I have until now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Turns out I had the wrong manual (TH60-K6 instead of AH60-XX80M-10). I contacted Omio and got the right settings. Now it works!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello guys great into here. I'm a newbie looking to buy an omio x-8. I have experience with 3d printers now looking to step into cnc. I heard about guys recieved their cnc with misaligned holed , binding rails etc etc. I heard a lot of good stuff too. My question is was any of those things a deal breaker. I'm willing to put some elbow grease if required.

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought my Omio X8-2200L-USB three years ago and used it on daily basis for my work. Generally I'm satisfied with it but sometimes (but still seldom) it steps wrong so after a recommendation from dharmic here on the forum I decided to change the motion controller to a CNC Drive ABXX-E (Ethernet). I've made some progress in converting it but I'm not sure about the connection from the card to the spindle controller (the "Nowforever" white box). On the terminal one of the used connections says 12 V (or maybe 12 U) - does this mean it has to be fed with 12 volt from the ABXX-E?

I have got how the wiring to the stepper drivers should be hooked up but I don't really get how the spindle driver should be connected to the ABXX-E. All documentation here, example wiring diagram is on page 28:

https://www.cncdrive.com/downloads/AXBB_E_manual.pdf

I would appreciate if someone can get me on the right track - or better, have done a similar modification.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't use or have seen the ABXX-E but I do have a Nowforever VFD.
    The VFD needs to see a closed contact on ( usually ) x1 and Com ( with VFD paramter set ) so get a Start and a 0-10v speed signal on terminals on AIN1 and Com ( with VFD paramter set ) to se the speed.

The 12V terminal is a 12v SUPPLY from the VFD , IF you need it. I suspect you won't but, keep it in mind.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dynaflux View Post
    I bought my Omio X8-2200L-USB three years ago and used it on daily basis for my work. Generally I'm satisfied with it but sometimes (but still seldom) it steps wrong so after a recommendation from dharmic here on the forum I decided to change the motion controller to a CNC Drive ABXX-E (Ethernet). I've made some progress in converting it but I'm not sure about the connection from the card to the spindle controller (the "Nowforever" white box). On the terminal one of the used connections says 12 V (or maybe 12 U) - does this mean it has to be fed with 12 volt from the ABXX-E?

I have got how the wiring to the stepper drivers should be hooked up but I don't really get how the spindle driver should be connected to the ABXX-E. All documentation here, example wiring diagram is on page 28:

https://www.cncdrive.com/downloads/AXBB_E_manual.pdf

I would appreciate if someone can get me on the right track - or better, have done a similar modification.
    Dynalink, sorry I missed your message until just now - but @Sterob has it. The speed control is done with that 0-10V signal which should be coming from AO1 with the jumper set appropriately for 0-10V instead of 0-5V. Connect the analog COM on the VFD to the 5V0 out on the ABXX-E. The run pin on the VFD (X1 on my manual by default) gets connected to port O1, and the 24V0 input on the ABXX-E (or the 24V PSU input) should go to the VFD's digital input COM line.

That should get you up and running - otherwise you might need to get in touch with the CNCDrive people.

Good luck!

Downloads
    Uploads

I hope this thread isn’t too old. I am having an issue with my spindle speed that I believe can be solved by changing the parameters in the VFD. I talked to OMIO’s tech support but they will only tell me what the parameters are supposed to be set to by default and won’t even tell me what the parameters do. I am measuring spindle speed with a laser tachometer.

My VFD came with the below parameters and when I set MACH 3 to 24,000 RPM, the spindle would spin at 3000 RPM. It appears to be linear down to 0 RPM.
    P0-000: 1
    P0-001: 0
    P0-002: 2
    P0-003: 0
    P0-004: 50.00
    P0-007: 400.00
    P0-009: 8.00
    P0-010: 8.00
    P0-012: 400.00
    P0-024: 50.00

I changed the VFD to the following parameters provided by OMIO:
    P0-000 = 1
    P0-001 = 0
    P0-002 = 2
    P0-003 = 2
    P0-004 = 400
    P0-007 = 400
    P0-009 = 8
    P0-010 = 8
    P0-012 = 400
    P0-024 = 400

I now have the following results:
    MACH 3 settings vs. measured RPM:
    Setting : Actual (rpm)
    5000 : 575
    10000 : 8570
    15000 : 16200

This is much closer but they are still not aligned. It appears that I might be able to align MACH 3 to the actual spindle speed by adjusting the VFD parameters.

Is this possible? Which parameters do I change and by how much? What do the different parameters do?

Thank you for taking the time to help me,
    -Tim

Downloads
    Uploads

When you set the RPM to 24000 in Mach3, what does the display on the VFD show? It should display “400” Hz.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Pyronious;[URL="tel:2476816"
    2476816[/URL]]When you set the RPM to 24000 in Mach3, what does the display on the VFD show? It should display “400” Hz.
    It does display “400” Hz.

I forgot to mention the spindle is brand new and I had the same issue with the old one.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4th axis problem

Quote Originally Posted by jd479 View Post
    1st post to this forum.
    've really been helped with all the posts with my x8-2200. I've added a 0.5" aluminum stiffener plate to the bed, used zeeflyboy's example for self contained water cooling on the gantry and added some lexan shields on the side for safety and to help contain the dust. I've used the machine for about 2 years except for the 4th axis.

Now to my problems:
    The 4th axis is at the stepper end of the bed running down the Y axis. I'm using an aspire rounding tool path at 75ipm. Intermittently the Y axis loses it's home and goes off one end or the other of the work during the cut. I started at 150ipm and the problem is a more regular, but still random so I cut the feed rate in half and that helped a lot, but occasionally it still has the issue. When the problem starts, it sounds like the stepper frequency goes way up for a moment and it loses position on the Y axis. This has led to a few broken bits.
    The problem appears whether the 4th axis is connected or not, and I can hear the freq change when air cutting with the spindle powered off. The g-code looks ok and many times it works for a while, and shows the problem at different line numbers. Only thing I've checked so far is the PS voltage. With the controller disconnected it sits at 42 volts, and doesn't seem adjustable. Don't know what it should be. I haven't connected a scope to it and don't know if I can capture any meaningful data since it is so intermittent.

2nd weird issue is with the Z touch off plate. It works fine until I try to use it with any g-code loaded into mach3 (latest version). Touch off then goes to the plate as normal, and Z moves up to the home switch instead of stopping at the normal few mm above the plate. This happens every time, and I have to stop and restart mach3 with no g-code loaded to be able to use the touch plate again.
    It may be that the omio xml configuration file that was included with the machine is affecting this, but I'm both g-code and xml challenged, so would really like any suggestions the group can give.

Thanks
    JD

I replaced the spindle cable with a 4 wire to ensure spindle ground was physically grounded to the star grounding point on the control box rather than relying on grounding through the z bearings. Things are working well, but haven't tested the 4th axis again.

Found the simple stupid problem with the Z touch plate. I installed mach3 and used the OMIO xml file for configuration which left the machine in metric. I'm in the US so use inch for my code. The post processor inserts a G20 at the beginning of the code, so I think the m930 macro
    FinalMove = GageH + 10
    Code "G0 Z" &FinalMove
    is telling mach3 to move up 10" rather than 10mm
    Changing from mm to inch in mach3 fixes the issue, but the motor tuning is way off.
    REQUEST: if anyone has successfully changed mach3 from mm to inch and adjusted the motor tuning for imperial, could you please reply to this with those values. I'd really appreciate the info.

JD

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all. It seems the interest, or at least the post frequency, is slowing on this thread, but here goes:
    I'm a complete noob in cnc, but i have a bit of 3d-printing experience and modifying that. Programmer by trade.
    I somewhat randomly got across a very, very lightly used o x8-2200l just half an hour drive from here. The machine is half-assembled (test driven supposedly working well) with an axbb-e. Supposed to be a year old. The asking price is 2500usd. Am I crazy to consider this? Are there now better machines, controller boards etc in this category, or is it still a good starting point to get into cnc machining? For comparison, the machine would set me back more than 4000 usd if bought new from China, with transport and taxes. Feedback greatly appreciated!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Xaer View Post
    Hi all. It seems the interest, or at least the post frequency, is slowing on this thread, but here goes:
    I'm a complete noob in cnc, but i have a bit of 3d-printing experience and modifying that. Programmer by trade.
    I somewhat randomly got across a very, very lightly used o x8-2200l just half an hour drive from here. The machine is half-assembled (test driven supposedly working well) with an axbb-e. Supposed to be a year old. The asking price is 2500usd. Am I crazy to consider this? Are there now better machines, controller boards etc in this category, or is it still a good starting point to get into cnc machining? For comparison, the machine would set me back more than 4000 usd if bought new from China, with transport and taxes. Feedback greatly appreciated!
    I think that is a reasonable deal and a good place to start your cnc journey.
    Those machines have linear rails on all axis's which is good and the after market motion board is a good improvement e nt as well..

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    I think that is a reasonable deal and a good place to start your cnc journey.
    Those machines have linear rails on all axis's which is good and the after market motion board is a good improvement e nt as well..
    Thanks a lot for your feedback. Is there like a obvious check list I should go through before buying it? Aside from the obvious gut feel of seeing how it looks for a non-savvy person?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks a lot for your feedback. Is there like a obvious check list I should go through before buying it? Aside from the obvious gut feel of seeing how it looks for a non-savvy person?
    Not really....Just go and see the machine. Get him to demo as much as he can and go from there.
    These machines are built to a price, but this one is miles ahead of where I started from a few years ago. Mine was a 6040 with round rails.
    They all need some fettling and mods to improve them. I had to fix a +1mm offset in the x ball screw on mine, but it ran nice after I fixed that....lol
    I fitted a Ethernet Smooth Stepper to mine and it made a huge improvement to its smoothness. also fitted HD connectors to the steppers as the baby ones fitted were getting warm! That was noticeable as well!
    The AXBB-E one the one you are looking at might be fine. I have no experience with them.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will meet with him this Saturday, so we will see how it goes. Since it is not assembled entirely, I'm a bit worried that the curve to success is going to be a steep one.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will meet with him this Saturday, so we will see how it goes. Since it is not assembled entirely, I'm a bit worried that the curve to success is going to be a steep one.
    Yes, the learning curve will be very steep, but if you work one problem at a time and persist, you should succeed.
    You will save alot of money and have a nice starting machine at the end.

Downloads
    Uploads

So the guy called in sick the day before we were going to meet, so new chance this coming Saturday. Fingers crossed ????

Downloads
    Uploads

Machine picked up and assembled! Yey! All axes seem to move smoothly, and I have connected the electronics to it, and the pc with UCCNC is connected to the axbb-e card successfully.

Now, this is where I'm out of my depth, when it comes to configuring all limits and axes and steps, etc. So I wonder if there is someone that may want to share their settings or better yet, an uccnc profile? Thank you!

Page 107 of 108 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108 LastLast