Problem 3040Z-DQ CNC - X and Y Axis Motor/Screw Blocking/Skipping + Rough Noise

Thread: 3040Z-DQ CNC - X and Y Axis Motor/Screw Blocking/Skipping + Rough Noise

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3040Z-DQ CNC - X and Y Axis Motor/Screw Blocking/Skipping + Rough Noise

I just bought a Chinese 3040Z-DQ 230W Four Axis Ball Screw CNC and followed the instruction from the manual to configure the machine with Mach3.
    I started testing the machine with simple X Y Z commands using Mach3 and my keyboard and noticed some really rough noise and experienced motor blocking/skipping at random locations on the X and Y axis. I did not experience anything wrong in the Z axis. There is definitely something wrong with the machine and/or configuration and I'm trying to get your advice on how to fix this and if any of you ever experienced similar problems.

To get a better idea on what I'm referring to, please watch my video and notice the problems encountered at 0:03, 0:11, 0:19.

Thanks for your help!

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Dominic-ASP; 02-26-2015 at 04:46 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3040Z-DQ CNC - X and Y Axis Motor/Screw Blocking/Skipping + Rough Noise

Hi Dominic,

Same issue here with a x6 1500gt usb from caving cnc website.

Did you get the chance to solve your issue ?

I also opened a thread and will keep you posted if you did not already solve your problem

Cheers,

Nicolas

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3040Z-DQ CNC - X and Y Axis Motor/Screw Blocking/Skipping + Rough Noise

had same problem on a 6040 Chinese machine replaced conectoers they had on motors soldered the wires no more problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just to be sure to have have understood your statement.

You threw away the motor connectors and soldered the wires directly to the cables and that's all ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic-ASP View Post
    really rough noise and experienced motor blocking/skipping at random locations on the X and Y axis.
    Did you solve the issue already?

I have the same problem on X. Tried the electrical stuff first and had some improvement. But the issue does not go away completely. So I took a look at the mechanical stuff: When turned by hand, the ball screw tend to block at random locations. Any idea what causes that? Can it be fixed?

-Nabu

Last edited by Nabu; 11-10-2017 at 06:11 AM.