Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience - Page 3

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience

Hi Lee,

Awsome videos! Thanks a lot. I´ll try your way later on this week. Also got a video from machine manufacturer and they got another solution to the Z height setting.
    What CAM are you using? I will try to get a post for Sprutcam.

Cheers
    Daniel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    Can you send me the 2 post processors please?...
    Sure will do today

Cheers
    Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dunderdunder View Post
    Hi Lee,

Awsome videos! Thanks a lot. I´ll try your way later on this week. Also got a video from machine manufacturer and they got another solution to the Z height setting.
    What CAM are you using? I will try to get a post for Sprutcam.

Cheers
    Daniel
    I use Vectric Aspire mostly for the design software, it seems really good, the CNC I have is an XYZ P2 ATC machine with an 8 tool Carousel

Cheers
    Lee

Last edited by SyntecLee; 06-03-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dunder,
    How does your manufacturer suggest setting the z height?
    Is this video on YouTube somewhere?

I have built my first machine and used mach3 to run it... with a Z touch off plate...
    It really suprises me that Syntec has a tool touch off mounted to the frame.. but no Z touch off plate like the ones we had in mach...

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Lee,

Thank you for your post of our XYZ P2 ATC machine. We're very glad to know you running this machine so well,and totally hope this post will help more people who has trouble with this control system or other problems

Through the video, I noticed the way you zero Z coordinate,why not use the auto calibration function ? though both way can do this,but I think auto tool calibration will be more conveninent. While it begins to change the tool holder,you can press F2 button on Syntec panel,then the cutter will come to the sensor after it finish changing. And this should be under the circumstance that you've set the tool calibration height in Syntec,you know what I mean ?

By the way, we have 2015 new design P2 2040 updated right now,also with North American standard,see the photo attached. This machine equips with 8 tool magazine from Taiwan,THK guide rail,TBI ballscrew,Italy HSD 9.0KW ATC spindle, Syntec 6MA,YASKAWA servo motor and planetary reducer Japan Shimpo as standard,its Idle speed can be up to 50m/min, max speed up to 20m/min.Very stable under fast movement and offering you superior cut precision,capable of working in many industries such as woodworking,plastics,composites,non-ferrous metal...
    Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience-dsc_3745_1-jpg

Anyone who interested in this machine are welcomed to contact us.

And thank you again Lee,hope you enjoy the P2 1530 ATC and keep us known about eveything regarding to this machine !

Best regards,Mary

[email]mary@xyz-tech.com[/email]

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Frank,

We mounted the Z touch off plate on the frame bes it is very close to the tool magazine,it saves a lot of time after each tool holder is changed. Don't worry this way is very stable and has been proved very convenient while working.

Regarding to the way of setting Z height,we recommend use the auto tool calibration function in Syntec panel,another way is the method that what Lee done in the video,set by manually.Both can zero Z coordinate.

Cheers,Mary

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by EXLASer View Post
    Hi Lee,

Thank you for your post of our XYZ P2 ATC machine. We're very glad to know you running this machine so well,and totally hope this post will help more people who has trouble with this control system or other problems

Through the video, I noticed the way you zero Z coordinate,why not use the auto calibration function ? though both way can do this,but I think auto tool calibration will be more conveninent. While it begins to change the tool holder,you can press F2 button on Syntec panel,then the cutter will come to the sensor after it finish changing. And this should be under the circumstance that you've set the tool calibration height in Syntec,you know what I mean ?

By the way, we have 2015 new design P2 2040 updated right now,also with North American standard,see the photo attached. This machine equips with 8 tool magazine from Taiwan,THK guide rail,TBI ballscrew,Italy HSD 9.0KW ATC spindle, Syntec 6MA,YASKAWA servo motor and planetary reducer Japan Shimpo as standard,its Idle speed can be up to 50m/min, max speed up to 20m/min.Very stable under fast movement and offering you superior cut precision,capable of working in many industries such as woodworking,plastics,composites,non-ferrous metal...
    Chinese CNC Syntec 6MA my experience-dsc_3745_1-jpg

Anyone who interested in this machine are welcomed to contact us.

And thank you again Lee,hope you enjoy the P2 1530 ATC and keep us known about eveything regarding to this machine !

Best regards,Mary
    Well Mary using the auto tool calibration the way you described did not work on my machine, it gave odd readings in the tool offsets when I tried to calibrate it this way I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work and in the end found adjusting the parameter and then using a pre determined tool gave me the most accurate measurements. Not to be rude but the Syntec manuals supplied are fairly useless, I realise that your company does not write the manuals or design and build the Syntec control system but using a reference tool means that tools are always the correct height and I know exactly where it will start cutting. Because the spoil board changes the height of the material from the base of the machine every time you machine it lower the use of a reference tool that every other tool is matched to means as long as I use my reference tool to align my material for the job every other tool is correct for height offsets without check each tool every time I change a tool which just makes the machining time longer

Cheers
    Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to know how the Syntec Tool calibration works. I believe that Lee´s way of using tool calibration works (try and error method).
    My machine supplier want me to set the tool sensor height and work table height diff into 3811.
    And then set the material thickness into external Z-height. Then it shall work according to them.
    I need to check both methods before comment them. But is the Syntec method different.
    I have seen a software button about calibration but have not tested it yet since I don´t tell how I shall measure the Z height.
    I´ll test both ( maybe more) this weekend.
    Anyone got a post for a 4 axis CNC router? 4th axis on the head and not rotating axis.
    BR
    Daniel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to know how the Syntec Tool calibration works. I believe that Lee´s way of using tool calibration works (try and error method).
    My machine supplier want me to set the tool sensor height and work table height diff into 3811.
    And then set the material thickness into external Z-height. Then it shall work according to them.
    I need to check both methods before comment them. But is the Syntec method different.
    I have seen a software button about calibration but have not tested it yet since I don´t tell how I shall measure the Z height.
    I´ll test both ( maybe more) this weekend.
    Anyone got a post for a 4 axis CNC router? 4th axis on the head and not rotating axis.
    BR
    Daniel
    Maybe I didn't explain fully what I was doing in the video properly.

I do use the automatic calibration for the tool touch off, all of the tools are set using that method. But....

There are a few things to consider.

Every time you flycut the spoil board to resurface it, the thickness of your material even if known changes.

also if you calibrate all of the tools with reference to the no8 reference tool in the method I described in my first 2 part video then because this never changes then your tools are always at the correct height.

Using the tool 8 reference method also allows you to use the tool to align to the corner or start position of your material. Then without having to measure or recalibrate the other tools you are instantly ready to start the job

I maintain that once you have set up your machine with the methods that I described, the machines is faster to set up for each new job, more accurate and easier.

The only time you need to reuse the auto tool is if you break or change one of the tool holders. Personally I have all of my tools set up not only in the machine but in the design software that I use with a tool database all positions and settings are also stored there. It makes the machine a lot faster to use and of course that makes it more profitable for my boss

Cheers
    Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

I see what Lee did, and know exactly why he did it that way... because like he said, the material thickness or spoilboard or whatever, can change.. this is a good way.
    My comment was, that it would be nice if there was a way to make a Z zero/touch off plate to add to the machines, just like in Mach3...
    I found some manuals about Syntec... but the poor English makes it hard to attempt to customize...

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone tell me the difference between Syntec 6MA and Syntec 6MB ?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Lee,
    Have you tried the software button (I think it is called) automatic tool calibration(not F2)?
    I´m not the same location as the Syntec system and can only guess what’s the buttons name are.
    There are a bunch of variables that the machine needs. You can choose 1, 2 or 3( 1 = one tool one work piece, 2 = one tool many work pieces and 3= many tools many work pieces). Then when I pressed start, the tool fly’s away and then I pressed stop since it did not seamed logic.*Then there is a button called something like “ auto Z-detection “. Ant if pressed when touching work piece it sends variables to the ext. Z-height.
    I will try them all.

BR
    Daniel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey,

6MB handles 4 axis and 6MA handles 3 axis. I got 6MB.
    Cheers
    Daniel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Lee,
    Have you tried the software button (I think it is called) automatic tool calibration(not F2)?
    I´m not the same location as the Syntec system and can only guess what’s the buttons name are.
    There are a bunch of variables that the machine needs. You can choose 1, 2 or 3( 1 = one tool one work piece, 2 = one tool many work pieces and 3= many tools many work pieces). Then when I pressed start, the tool fly’s away and then I pressed stop since it did not seamed logic.*Then there is a button called something like “ auto Z-detection “. Ant if pressed when touching work piece it sends variables to the ext. Z-height.
    I will try them all.

BR
    Daniel
    Hi Daniel I tried the software button but the values produced from the process seemed to give strange values to the tool heights, combining this with my design software I could not get it to function as I would have expected. In the end and after speaking with the manufacturer and others I gave up trying to get this to all work together and settled on the method I now use.

Cheers
    Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here is my latest video, this is fairly basic, it's just about turning on the machine and then warming up the spindle.

As most people will probably realise the large KW HSD spindles use ceramic bearings that warm up to work, to make these last longer it is a good idea to warm up your spindle in the morning, this is the procedure I use

Video Link:

Cheers
    Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Again great video. I will do a small program for spindle warmup to make sure it runs same every day.
    Now I have another wild question you might now something about. Or anyone else. Can I use cutcom registry for the tools in the machine? In my Mori Seiki I have 200pcs tool in the cutcom/adjust but only 20pcs tools in the tool changer. Then in the mill I set that tool 19 (in tool changer )uses cutcom/adjust registry 150. This makes life much easier when using CAM software and I can have much more tools ready in their holders without having to measure them everytime.
    Maybe I can call for T1 and then use H96 and it will pick tool one and use registry for H96-
    Maybe you have any ideas.

Cheers
    Daniel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Again great video. I will do a small program for spindle warmup to make sure it runs same every day.
    Now I have another wild question you might now something about. Or anyone else. Can I use cutcom registry for the tools in the machine? In my Mori Seiki I have 200pcs tool in the cutcom/adjust but only 20pcs tools in the tool changer. Then in the mill I set that tool 19 (in tool changer )uses cutcom/adjust registry 150. This makes life much easier when using CAM software and I can have much more tools ready in their holders without having to measure them everytime.
    Maybe I can call for T1 and then use H96 and it will pick tool one and use registry for H96-
    Maybe you have any ideas.

Cheers
    Daniel
    The do actually have a parameter that is set for the number of tools and positions to be saved in the controller, I would have to look it up to see exactly which parameter it is, I have a fairly extensive list at work

But I think it is mostly used to match up with the tool changer numbers rather than having spare spaces that represent extra tools. I like the idea maybe you can manipulate the system to reflect the extra tools, there is a lot of flexibility amoungst the parameters.

I can have a look on Monday and then post the relevant parameters if you like

Cheers
    Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Another video, this one just on the basic Syntec controls, I realise this is probably not news to most people but I remember when I first started it seemed difficult to get even the most basic information on the controller, so I will keep plugging away

Cheers
    Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Once again a great video! It´s logic and makes sense! What tool do you use for leveling your spoil board?
    Cheers
    Daniel

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Once again a great video! It´s logic and makes sense! What tool do you use for leveling your spoil board?
    Cheers
    Daniel
    Thanks Daniel, I use a 55mm balanced flycutter from Carbitool, it was about $200 USD, but it is balanced and the tips on the end you can rotate once they become worn, so you can get 4x the life out of it, and obviously they are replaceable at a fraction the cost of the original tool. Being that it is 55mm you can surface your spoilboard in no time at all

http://s28.postimg.org/p9obg8ca5/Flycut_Tool.jpg

Cheers
    Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Lee,
    Would you mind to show me or Ellie the odd readings in the tool offset when you use auto tool calibration,we will ask our engineers to figure it out, more info/screenshot/video clip is appreciate !

BTW,your demon video is great !

Cheers,Mary

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast