Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New Purchase JCUT 6090B

how much you spend ? and what included?

Downloads
    Uploads

I've been thinking about purchasing one of these (probably a B model with linear guideways and ballscrew with a 2.2k spindle). I currently have a 3040 and found a guy on YouTube who recommended using a TinyG board and Chilipeppr free open source software to run via USB to a computer. It has been great for the 3040 and really opened up it's versatility. I'm still pretty unaware of the feature sets available with other controllers/software. It looks like the TinyG board would wire up fine with a 6090 as well. Is there anyone who is familiar with this board and software that could offer any pros/cons to doing this over working with the supplied board and software options (Mach 3 / NCstudio)? Also, I spoke with Mandy and could get the 6090B with as described above without a control board for $2400 shipped to port ($2600 if I want the control board too). I here quotes all over the map about import, duty, taxes, brokerage, etc. I could probably just pick it up at the port if that saves a lot (I'm in CA and only 1.5 hrs from the LA port). Apparently, the declared value cutoff seems to have risen to $2500 instead of $2000. Does this mean no customs broker would be needed? Overall, assuming I still need a broker, but pick it up at the port, does $400-$500 seem about right?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello

interesting topic, i have no clue with tinuG itself but I played alot with Raspberry-alamode-cncshield, which is sums up-to to one package computer, controller and break-outboard.

1. Running Grbl Controller on Raspberry Pi | zapmaker

What I experiences was that it worked very well for running basic programs and cnc movements.
    Though I experienced a lot of issues with IO voltage level of 3.3volts. Bigger the machine, longer the wires. And induction becomes issue, as signal setup was active high.
    3.3V system starts to consider about 1 volts to be On signal and its easily peaked from EMI and induction.

So if you plan to use IO, meaning limits, tool height etc. there is chance it becomes interesting.
    If you don't care about those, you wont see any difference between small and big machine. Juts use outside drivers for steppers and you are fine.

Or does tinyg provide active low? or did you manage to solve this issue somehow cleverly. Perhaps signal level shift or something...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the response. Turns out I was able to get in touch with one of the creators of the TinyG board and despite having internal stepper drivers, it is also perfectly capable of controller separate stepper drivers as well. The internal drivers are rated up to 2.5 Amps each, so any stepper that draws more than this must have an external driver. Fortunately, everything else will work the same as for my smaller version, which is great news. For anyone who is curious, this board is only $130, is very versatile, and allows for USB connectivity and even wireless use via a raspberry pi and your home wifi network when using the open source (and free) Chilipeppr online controller software. It'll save you money on software and has significantly smoother operation than the cheap boards that come with the 3040 size units. Not sure how it compares in use to Mach 3, but after I got it dialed in, it works great. huge files (i.e. 250k lines of code sometimes bog things down and won't reliably load in the browser window, but i've never had things crash on me mid-job. If it loads in the browser, it'll but just fine. I believe it stores about 50,000 lines of code (have to verify this) in the JSON server, so if you lost internet connection, the job still runs through. However, jobs over 50K lines of code would stop after the last stored line of gcode.

Quote Originally Posted by hokkaju76 View Post
    Hello

interesting topic, i have no clue with tinuG itself but I played alot with Raspberry-alamode-cncshield, which is sums up-to to one package computer, controller and break-outboard.

1. Running Grbl Controller on Raspberry Pi | zapmaker

What I experiences was that it worked very well for running basic programs and cnc movements.
    Though I experienced a lot of issues with IO voltage level of 3.3volts. Bigger the machine, longer the wires. And induction becomes issue, as signal setup was active high.
    3.3V system starts to consider about 1 volts to be On signal and its easily peaked from EMI and induction.

So if you plan to use IO, meaning limits, tool height etc. there is chance it becomes interesting.
    If you don't care about those, you wont see any difference between small and big machine. Juts use outside drivers for steppers and you are fine.

Or does tinyg provide active low? or did you manage to solve this issue somehow cleverly. Perhaps signal level shift or something...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12