Need help, 3040z-dq & TB6600HG stepper drivers...

Thread: Need help, 3040z-dq & TB6600HG stepper drivers...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need help, 3040z-dq & TB6600HG stepper drivers...

Hi all,

I have had to rebuild my CNC controller (original one blew up when I was starting to put axis sensors on.... connected them wrong...) Now I've got a weird problem... Using the default provided settings for the machine (steps per: 400, vel: 1800, acc: 200) the X and Y axes accelerate like crazy at 100% jog and then stall... Could somebody direct me towards somebody who can help me identify a sensible set of settings for my machine? I have got close to getting my settings correct speed wise, although times and distances are wrong... i.e mach3 says travel is .25mm when the machine has moved approx 10mm....

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need help, 3040z-dq & TB6600HG stepper drivers...

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByteUK View Post
    mach3 says travel is .25mm when the machine has moved approx 10mm....
    Are you sure there isn't some mix-up in the Mach3 configuration regarding units - perhaps it's set to interpret values as inches instead of mm, or the other way around? I don't use Mach3 myself, so I can't help you more specifically about what to look at...

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

One of the first things I was looking at was if Mach was set in inches mode, good thought..... Anybody know anything about microstepping?

Downloads
    Uploads

My TB6560AHQ driver circuits are soldered permanently into 8x microstepping mode, which is exactly the one corresponding to the "400 steps/mm" setting (the leadscrews are supposed to be 4mm/rev. and the steppers 200 steps/rev. so 200 x 8 / 4 = 400). Not sure what your original configuration is supposed to be, but if you really have TB6600's and IF they were also used in 8x mode, that would mean you should have M1(pin7)="5V" M2(pin8)="0V" M3(pin9)="5V". If, on the other hand, you were supposed to be using 16x microstepping, that changes to "5V", "5V", "0V" respectively (and your software setting would become 800steps/mm). It's possible that if your driver circuits somehow are now wired for 1:1 stepping (no microstep) and Mach3 still thinks in "8x" terms, your acceleration and speed would be too high - but that should not be the case, these machines are supposed to run in microstepping mode. You should make sure the driver circuits are actually wired for that though (especially if you replaced them).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Based on what you were saying I flicked the dip switches into 1/8 mode, and now the machine sounds exactly like it did on the old controller, and doesn't stall.. so I'm guessing you've hit the nail right on the button. Cheers

Downloads
    Uploads

Really glad it worked!