Newbie With Carving CNC - X6 1500 GT (USB)

Thread: Newbie With Carving CNC - X6 1500 GT (USB)

Downloads
    Uploads

Question Newbie With Carving CNC - X6 1500 GT (USB)

Good morning,

It's a pleasure to be part of one of the best CNC related stuff forum!

I need recall that Im totally newbie into the CNC world so it would be interesting to start learning slowly basic concepts.

Now, talking about my new adquisition, I have some basic questions to make you all:

1 - Yesterday after the basic machine configuration (Included in user manual) I start the system on and make small sucessfull test layouT with VCarve PRO. It was imported to MACH3 and after a initial system launch (Without cutter) all 3 axises start working like it should. The problem is that the spindle is stopped and the G - Code generated with VCarve PRO shows the seted 16.000 RPM. What can be wrong there? I can see some parameters into the control box, a potentiometer for Hz and tactile buttons but I haven't got any factory user manual to set up correctly or test different configs. Any suggests?

2 - I have seen when you export your VCarve PRO work to MACH3 .txt file that there are so much file format for this Software. My question is, which config is working Best?

3 - About the Auto Zero Tool, How is really working this tool? I mean, I have a wood plate into the machine and I support the material that need to be machined into it (For security reasons you know). Then, I use the Auto Zero Tool to aproximate the cutter to the tool and system take reference point and stops. That is good. My question is, has the system in mind the height of the Auto Zero Tool and starts machining directly where the material starts? Or needs to be everytime adjusted manually taking care about the tool height?

All right, it's enough I guess ... Thank you for the reading, support and time dedicated to answer my doubts!

Have a nice day.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ECSH; 01-28-2014 at 07:53 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You might want to look at this posting, maybe you can pull some info from it. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/chines...ng_router.html

Mike

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you Mike 1948.

I was looking around the suggested topic but I didn't extract anything clear from it but I will try to read more carefully later.

Talking about the rest of my questions, any answer out there?

Thank you all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Good morning,

Yesterday I've spend some hours getting the machine ready.

I make some minor advances with it so I have minor things to coment:

1 - Don't ask how but seems that the machine start working on without load. Neds to be tested with bit and material milling to calculate the performance

2 - Talking about the best MACH3 G - Code formar export, I have sucessfully tested some of them and didn't notify any difference.

3 - The Auto Zero Tool question was cleared out. The system has an automatic H PROBE calculator. You need insert right there the Auto Zero Tool Height (19.5MM) and it's ready.

Now I have some question around the best feed settings for Aluminium (2 and 5MM) and Standard steel (1, 2 and 3MM) plates machining.

I guess that for the standard steel which can be X10 harder than aluminium will need very slow speed and advances, right?

Can anyone give some good settings to start testing on?

Find attached VCarve PRO Tool database required data fields.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbie With Carving CNC - X6 1500 GT (USB)-mill-jpg   Newbie With Carving CNC - X6 1500 GT (USB)-drill-jpg  
    Last edited by ECSH; 01-29-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I doubt you will be able to mill steel successfully with that machine because of the unsupported rails. For aluminum with a two flute 3mm cutter try these settings:
    Pass depth: 0,3 mm
    Stepover: try 40%
    Spindle speed: 15000 rpm
    Feed rate: 30 mm/s
    Plunge rate: 15 mm/s

Use climb milling when milling aluminum or the finish and precision will be bad. Ramp your plunges instead of drill plunging.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your reply!

I will test your settings for sure.

Now I have some more questions:

Some you coments that I will have reliability problem with mi machine cutting steel plates. I bought it supposed that it cuts 1 and 2 mm steel plates becouse I have seen smaller machines from Carving - CNC doing the job at Youtube.
    Anyone can provide some very safe settings for some basic steel work test?

And finally, its necesary to setup something in MACH3 to take all the values from the VCarve PRO export txt file? Or it reads everything for the task always from there?

Thank you all again!