TS3040C-H80 Mach3Mill.xml file setup correctly with swapped X and Y axis

Thread: TS3040C-H80 Mach3Mill.xml file setup correctly with swapped X and Y axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TS3040C-H80 Mach3Mill.xml file setup correctly with swapped X and Y axis

Hi

I have finally sorted this machine and have it setup correctly after a lot of available manuals for the same machine with different settings.

I have swapped the default X and Y axis around for what I consider to be a better working area and better suited to most cad/cam software.

After downloading file, if you want to then rename it or leave as it is and put it into C:\Mach3 folder. REMEMBER to open mach3 then choose this file rather than the standard mach3mill.xml file

Here is the XandYswappedMach3Mil.xml file......

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

ADMIN - could you make this sticky please as it will be very useful for others that like me found 4 user manuals online, all exactly the same except the settings are different

Downloads
    Uploads

by the way if you'd rather keep the X and Y axis as default that came with the machine i.e. X short side Y long side then just use this file but swap the 16 and the 4 around and the 5 and 17 around in config, ports and pins, motor outputs, but to me the config I setup makes more sense.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I also swapted x to be a long side. Just didn't make sense the other way around. Also reattached the home switch to the other end of new X axis.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TS3040C-H80 Mach3Mill.xml file setup correctly with swapped X and Y axis

Do all new TS3040C machines have this issue and have to be corrected?

Also is the TS3040C better than a 3040T? I see the TS3040C has a cable driven spindle, is this as strong (capable) as the direct drive spindle on the 3040T?

Keen to buy one, just need some advice in plain old english lol