JCUT 6090B - HELP!!

Thread: JCUT 6090B - HELP!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default JCUT 6090B - HELP!!

Hello,

I just got my JCUT-6090B with linear rails but it has ballscrew (on all 3 axis) instead of racks. I also got the 2.2Kw spindle on it. I chose to go with the Mach3 controller.

The problem I am facing is that when I connect the controller to power, I can hear a hissing sound (assuming that the motors are engaged), but when I connect the LPT cable and start Mach3, the machine does not jog.

I am thinking that this is a Mach3 setup, can someone who has a similar machine please share a Mach3 configuration file to help me with the setup please.

Thanks,
    Sam.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that my machine also has a coolant pump that I am guessing can be engaged through Mach3 as well, not sure how that is setup as well?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

My maintenance/electrician had to rewire a couple areas in my controller, because it was wired wrong from the factory. They did not run my machine before it left, or they would have found it was not wired correctly.

Also my VFD's were both broken off the control box mounts and hanging by the wires when I received the crate.

My coolant pump was bad right off the bat, so I have to buy a new one to replace it.

Make sure you check your rails and ball screws for metal shavings and casting sand before you even start moving it around.

Mine were loaded with metal when they drilled through the poor quality castings and recycled sheet metal the machine was built with.

See the picture below.

Also check all your limit switches to make sure they are actually threaded in properly and not stripped out and hanging loose like mine were.

See picture below.

As for the mach3 settings and configuration is probably another area you have to setup your machine. I can help with it if you want. Shoot me an email at guns@customizedcreationz.com.

Just let me know what stepper info, drivers etc.

You will NOT be able to control the spindle through mach3 without changing out the breakout board to something with will allow you to.

The coolant pump will most likely need a new breakout board, if you want to control the pump through mach3 ( so if you want spindle control, you will get coolant control as well with a new breakout board ).

Also make sure you machine is square. Mine was far from it.

The table is out .015 from one aluminum extrusion to the next. Some positive some negative. I don't recall off hand what it was across the board for me, since I have 48" inches of width from side to side.

The rapids can be improved upon by changing the configuration in mach, so you can get a little more speed out of them. But be warned that the machine is really incapable of running at the slow speeds they specify in their advertisements.

To take advantage of increased speeds, you will have to "beef" up your machine. So if your just putzing around in the garage. You will probably be ok. But if your going to try and make "money" with your machine, then you will need to add bracing and upgrades to the machine to make it close to workable.

The spindles can be stopped with your hand. Which I was disappointed in. There is no torque at low rpm. I have dual 4 hp spindles. I would say they probably rate around 1/2-3/4 hp tops.

This might not matter as much with wood machines and I come from a heavy background in metal. So maybe a lot of my complaints are centered around the flimsy cheap quality materials they call a CNC Router.

Back to the original question. A few people tried to help me and got me close to what I needed to get the machine to move. But the bottom line was I had to spend quite a bit of time to figure out my exact configuration. You would think someone with the same machine, would be able to give me the exact numbers, but something must be different between them, because my numbers ended up being way different than his.

Let me know if I can help. And hopefully your machine works well for you and your intended applications.

Todd

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey i just got one also
    this is the settings for the pins
    x =2 dir =4
    y =6 dir =8
    z =9 dir =7
    the spindle is not controlled by mach3 it has a control in the front of the machine
    dont forget to set the estop in mach 3 to active low off ...? its a 50 50 chance i got this wrong but you will get it

read the board that has the printer port plugged into it
    the next to all the wires going off it it says the pins
    2-4-6-8-9-7 thats where you can find the settings if yours is difrent

as for this post sorry dude my machine is spotless (thanks mandy)
    jcut 6090a is what i bought and it is amazing

i got myne threw ebay and it was from here Jinan Jcut CNC Equipment Co. Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by shaffin View Post
    Hello,

I just got my JCUT-6090B with linear rails but it has ballscrew (on all 3 axis) instead of racks. I also got the 2.2Kw spindle on it. I chose to go with the Mach3 controller.

The problem I am facing is that when I connect the controller to power, I can hear a hissing sound (assuming that the motors are engaged), but when I connect the LPT cable and start Mach3, the machine does not jog.

I am thinking that this is a Mach3 setup, can someone who has a similar machine please share a Mach3 configuration file to help me with the setup please.

Thanks,
    Sam.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you all for the reply. I got mine figured out, and I agree mine wasnt as bad as g29cc's machine, phew!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Glad to hear you got it worked out.

Still working on mine.

Todd