Warning about seller "cnccomponent" and "happytoyou2011" - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning about seller "cnccomponent" and "happytoyou2011"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy YOOCNC problems

Hello - I bought one of these engraver / mills from a dealer in Sydney about a year ago. A lot of problems were caused by a break in one wire in the X cable running to the X stepper motor. I ran a substitute cable outside the loom and the machine has worked very well up until today, when the X axis threw a tantrum. The controller is, as suggested in the title, a Chinese YOO brand, and I have found no information about it or spare parts for it on the net. The recent problem involved the X-axis ceasing to function halfway through a lettering job, and the rest of the job simply finishing as a straight line.....When trying to track the cuter head using the arrow keys on the computer the X axis intermittently would stop, reverse direction on the same arrow key, or change from one direction to the other. Switching off the YOO computer and then restarting it restores function to the X stepper for an unpredictable interval....I'll post again if and when I find the cure for this bizarre behaviour. The Sydney seller did supply a new X cable, and sold me another spindle motor, as the first one (admittedly declared clearly to be a used motor) burnt out after a few weeks. If anyone has an easy answer I'll be ecstatic! Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Is it the YOOCNC T62-3AX?

The quality control was horrible on this board, the heatsink was very roughly made (not even deburred), to the point that it implied a danger of creating a short circuit. I changed the drivers with a 3-axis Sidestep from Probotix and all is good now; I still have the yoocnc board just in case I can somehow find what's going on with it, so I can use it for some non-cnc project.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cable problems...

Hello Walky - thanks for your reply. I worked out what was causing the X axis to behave so erratically - there must be a break in one of the four wires in the control cable running to the stepper motor. When this cable is transferred to another axis, at both ends, the problem appears there....This is the second cable to develop a fault - early in the piece the Z-axis cable had such a fault, and this resulted in that motor trying to bore its way through to China (or wherever is diametrically opposit to South Australia!) Think I'll make my own cables if I can using wires less brittle than the originals...Hope this helps someone else having similar problems....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the detailed information. I has stopped me from wasting my money also, I was just about to purchase from YOOCNC*΢Сص̻Ӧ directly, but after reading, no way.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey walky
    I brought a 3040 from I think it was happyshopping or something like that but it was a YOO controller also and it was doing things nearly the same very erratatic and the same though it was the wires maybe broken and it arrived in a damaged box, but to cut a long story short. YOO has been using a prirate copy of Mach3 to set up there controllers and guess what it doesnt work with the real macoy so I ended up with a patch to fix it and since that was installed it has been running like a dream so this could be your problem too. I try Kcam and it worked OK with that but seeing as I had Mach3 already I wanted to use that.
    I still have it and can send it to you if you want to try it
    Also my spindle died after 2 cuts, I just replaced it with a cheap router does the trick

John

Downloads
    Uploads

had a similar experience during the last 3 months with lovehappyshopping3/zhen_deng/world-etrade (they use all three names) with a laser have used the laser for a mass total of 3 hours and have had the laser power supply replaced twice because it keeps blowing up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wires break due to 2 reasons

1. they are substandard
    2. the bend radius of cable carriers are very small,

you could probable solve the problem by resolving any of these two or both.

just my 2c

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cnc goes walk about

After purchasing my 6040 cnc machine for portmouth, which came from China as so many seem to do. I had to rebuild it again from scratch, nothing was square, and all information supplied was useless and machine was dangerous as there were no earths supplied, but parts were ok, so when it was rebuilt I cut my first job, all seemed well until machine started walk about in the y.

I then read the download manual that came from site and all configurations seemed correct, until I downloaded a Mach3 manual which show that in the configurations the dir pulse is active high and should be active low, note when you change this you will need to reverse direction of motor, as it changes direction.

There is also another post that may help you (walky)which explains that the logic voltage output for step and direction are slightly on the low side for the input impedance of the parellel port, if there is still a problem i can post this link to you which explains how to fix it.

hope you get your cnc working
    all the best Stevebusking

Downloads
    Uploads

I think I tried that. Actually, I tried just about anything I could think of, even changing the parallel cable and disconnecting it on the driver's end, which makes me think the problem is at the drivers themselves (I tried swapping axis, too); I even tried taking the machine to two different houses to try it there. I was having electrical mains problems after moving to a new house just about the time I got the machine, so I originally thought that was the problem, which just made things harder to figure out at the beginning. This machine gave me such a bad time that I decided not to worry much about it and just replace it (Probotix Sidestep), it works great now. I got it back on 2010 with the intention of selling it locally to make a little profit and that way be able to build more machines, and there's no way I'd sell it with a defective driver, I'm not that kind of guy. What hurts me worst is that I spent so much on this machine (shipping fees and customs at arrival were HORRIBLE, plus the new driver and some extra stuff... about 800 extra bucks!) that I could have built a big size table with a G540 and ballscrews for the money I finally spent on it. Right now I'm selling it at about the amount I spent on it (actually a little lower). I hope these guys rot in hell with their crappy (nonexistant?) CQ and their empty email/skype promises. It probably wouldn't have cost them more than 30 dollars to replace just the board. Instead they decided to change names and, after some time, just disappear from the face of the earth and leave me with an expensive paperweight, monetary problems (I could use that money so much right now), and a big frown for every time I get something expensive from overseas.

A few days ago I decided take the paint off the machine (the original paint job was far from great) by fully disassembling it, and repainted the back gantry plate (the only part that is made of steel); this gave me a change to learn most about this machine. Actually, this is a really nice small machine!, so it's really a shame they didn't just do things right from the beginning, and instead just left me the job of making it work as it should by replacing the drivers, repainting and adjusting the mechanical part. After doing all that, it's such a nice machine that I'd love to be able to keep it for small jobs, but the finances (and the memories it sometimes evokes) say otherwise. SWMBO would kill me, too.

Before:

After:

I really appreciate all the help I've been getting from you guys regarding the chinese drivers, but I think it might just now be worth the time and trouble right now, and also for the sake of my mental health (it has been just too much). I might take the drivers out sometime later for some other project, but right now I just want to forget about it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default yes, "happy" got me too

I too have been burned by these people. Here is all the contact information I have for them:
    Service@eteyo.com
    taiyoutrade@hotmail.com
    Kelvin Jiao
    Company Manager
    TaiYou Trade Co,. LTD
    TEL: 008615821782350
    BaiAoran <lovehappyshopping@hotmail.com>

they go by a lot of names, but all I want was my machine to work. I have the controller (little blue box) and my Z drive just starts to dig deeper and deeper as the head moves, even though the Z movement is set at 0. Can anyone tell me where I can get a new controller or new board for this?

any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Walky View Post
    They now changed their name to "happytoyou2011", be careful. I checked their ID record and it's not the first time they change their name; I thing their reason to do this is pretty obvious.

Is it possible for a moderator to add that name to the topic's title? Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

You might want to look at the G540, or other Gecko products.
    Geckodrive

Since you Z is moving down, have you check the connection between the Z stepper and the screw. Once on my router this was loose and my Z did the same thing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I bought my W3020T CNC machine through Ebay from a shop called sunshinesmileservice.
    The machine was shipped from a supplier called Amonstar and the manufacturer is Yoo CNC.
    It only took 4 days to get from Hong Kong to U.K. via Germany by DHL couriers
    The machine was 99% assembled,I only had to fit the three stepper motors.
    I followed the manual to set the machine up using Mach3 software supplied with the machine.
    The set-up was easy for me considering I have never used a CNC machine before!
    It worked just as I expected after sorting out some problems which were all down to my lack of CNC knowledge.
    Things like having to set the PC BIOS parallel port to EPP not ECP.
    The machine only cost 515 about $832, including all tax and shipping.
    A cheap machine, but I found it of solid construction and will be one of the most useful bits of kit I have
    bought for a long time.
    The only downside was that the manual was converted from Chinese to English and parts were not so easy to understand first time around.
    I started to overcome this by re-writing the manual in English with English screen captures on the software etc.
    I can see that this offers a contrasting view compared with some users comments, I think I may be one of the lucky ones!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12