First i'd suggest checking all the pertinant wire connectors that you can, then, I've found that the slide on connector blocks which slide onto the driver pins of the gecko can become troublesome if they have been R&R'd many times. I found out this one by changing the block as it was the only untested part of my system and found that the problem changed to another circuit. If this is it then it could be an easy fix. Another possibility would be if there is any way that coolant can get to your encoder, This ended up being my primary issue and till i found the leak it cost me three encoders. It could be as simple as over amping the drive on a bind which would cause a mommentary fault and mach keeps going but drive stops servo for a string of pulses then it goes again. I had this problem on my "Z" before i did my major re-do but you know that story. Another possibility would be some mechanical slippage somewhere in the mechanics. I would start by trying to induce the problem, and then do some simple mods like gib tension, another shot of oil, etc. to get an understanding of what and why ! If your using the servo from IH and the currant limiter on driver is reduced then it could be that simple. It could possibly be overtaxing the pc, i had that happen once too. But that ended up being more dramatic as the machine started traveling off to oblivion till i tapped the panic button. Make some simple changes to motor accel rate and test it to see if you can induce it and go from there. If you have the full kit from IH then give them a call this morn and I'm sure they will have more sugestions to check. My memmory isn't doing too well lately.