I.H. Tommy is a good guy.

Thread: I.H. Tommy is a good guy.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default I.H. Tommy is a good guy.

I don't think you can judge a company from just a couple people's experiences. My experience with Industrial Hobbies has been nothing but positive so far, Tommy has been helpful and quick to reply. One thing to keep in mind is that there are 2 sides to every story. Yes I.H. may have some kinks to iron out. but what small business doesn't? I believe Tommy is a hard worker and clearly spends more time as a hands on guy than he does behind a computer monitor, but I know his goal of bringing high quality machines to his customers is a solid intention. I'm not going to respond to any negative replies here, I'm just putting this out there to those people who are considering buying from Tommy. Don't just jump on the hater bandwagon because a couple people are unhappy......seriously, there are way more satisfied customers than those who are not.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

>Yes I.H. may have some kinks to iron out.

TWO YEARS after I paid I still didn't have all of the hardware.

That's not a "kink".

Shipping parts due to me to other people who purchased after me?

Not a "kink".

Ignoring email, written mail, including a certified request for my money back? Only responding after I re-posted that demand here?

Not a "kink".

Not shipping me parts until I went to the AG? Even then, I'm still missing the software license.

Not a "kink".

It would take all of five, maybe ten, minutes to copy that license onto a CD-R or a thumb drive -- provided by me -- and drop that in the mail and it hasn't happened.

Easy tasks, easily delegated. He has my money, I have nothing.

That's not a kink, that's not running a business properly.

Downloads
    Uploads

Like I said, there are 2 sides to every story.

This thread is an account of my experience.....not yours.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Two sides don't make one right and one wrong. More than one of us paid up front and good faith and had to fight like mad to get a baseline product delivered. Meanwhile, lots of people purchased long after me and received their purchase long before me. I'm sure they have great stories. I don't know why they got product when I did not.

IH *still* owes me a software license, three years after my purchase.

Will I send them another dime? Uh, no.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yea Jet...I know, I have seen your story several times in several threads around the forum....this thread is not about you. Not sure why you feel the need to spam here, you have already received the attention you were after in your thread(s).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Disagreeing with you is not "spam".

The "attention" I want is the rest of my #$*(&#$ order after THREE years.

It's not just me. Read this forum and you'll see plenty of other people who have had trouble getting product from IH after paying up-front while others received later orders.

Seriously, you're singing IH's ability to make people happy, so feel free to share IH's "side" of my story. Explain why they ignored all of my polite attempts to connect, my official attempts to connect and ask for a refund, and only delivered *some* of the purchase after I publicly demanded a refund while more recent customers received their full purchase.

Tell their side of ignoring my offer to send them floppies, USB drives, blank CDs, or any other media they could use to send me an uncorrupted software license.

Downloads
    Uploads

Like I stated before, and this is the last time I am even going to respond to you, this thread is not about you and your cry for attention....it's about my experience with IH. You have already made your experience known.....and that's fine.....but trolling every IH related thread is just childish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not "trolling" and this isn't "spam" nor a "cry for attention".

Feel free to back up your IH-is-great posts with why there are people here complaining about missing/late parts, lack of communication, etc. You're singing IH's praises while blowing off the complaints of people like me who gave them a multi-year, interest free loan, that only got "paid" after we went public and involved the law.

Downloads
    Uploads

I will say I am happy with my ihcnc, and service.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jetflatline View Post
    I'm not "trolling" and this isn't "spam" nor a "cry for attention".

Feel free to back up your IH-is-great posts with why there are people here complaining about missing/late parts, lack of communication, etc. You're singing IH's praises while blowing off the complaints of people like me who gave them a multi-year, interest free loan, that only got "paid" after we went public and involved the law.
    JET-
    I agree with you, you have the right to respond here since the thread is about Tommy being a good guy. He may be a good guy, but his dealings with you have been pretty poor. I notice that Inkdigger and Williamsmotower joined in 06 and 07, so they were probably dealing with Gene not Tommy.

Downloads
    Uploads

I actually worked with tommy. When i ordered my mill it was originally with gene... He passed shortly after that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Inkdigger,
    I'm not trying to ruffle your feathers here but don't you think it's a little premature to defend IH? After all, have you even placed an order yet? Remember, some of us have been where you are now, and now regret being there. IH was real good about returning my e-mails too, right up until I demanded a refund.

By all means, order a machine from IH. Perhaps then Tommy will return MY money.

Jason

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by InKdigger View Post
    I don't think you can judge a company from just a couple people's experiences. My experience with Industrial Hobbies has been nothing but positive so far, Tommy has been helpful and quick to reply. One thing to keep in mind is that there are 2 sides to every story. Yes I.H. may have some kinks to iron out. but what small business doesn't? I believe Tommy is a hard worker and clearly spends more time as a hands on guy than he does behind a computer monitor, but I know his goal of bringing high quality machines to his customers is a solid intention. I'm not going to respond to any negative replies here, I'm just putting this out there to those people who are considering buying from Tommy. Don't just jump on the hater bandwagon because a couple people are unhappy......seriously, there are way more satisfied customers than those who are not.
    Why did you bring up that there is bad press if your not going to talk about it?

Sounds baited to me

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: I.H. Tommy is a good guy.

Hurray for resurrected old threads!

I often wonder how Tommy is doing, I know the death of his father was hard on him. In spite of IHC shortcomings when I bought my CNC mill, I was happy with my purchase and I felt Tommy and his wife (at the time) were awesome. Gino was a classic old timer, but I still appreciated him in spite of his flaws. My machine wasn't perfect, but not beyond my expectations and I was able to correct most of its shortcomings: a good platform to start with. Anyone know what Tommy is up to now-a-days?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by veggiedog View Post
    Hurray for resurrected old threads!

I often wonder how Tommy is doing, I know the death of his father was hard on him. In spite of IHC shortcomings when I bought my CNC mill, I was happy with my purchase and I felt Tommy and his wife (at the time) were awesome. Gino was a classic old timer, but I still appreciated him in spite of his flaws. My machine wasn't perfect, but not beyond my expectations and I was able to correct most of its shortcomings: a good platform to start with. Anyone know what Tommy is up to now-a-days?
    Hi. Its good to hear from old customers. Many who were friends and in a way family. We had a really rough patch and miss it immensely