New Machine Build First Run, IH Mill CNC Conversion

Thread: First Run, IH Mill CNC Conversion

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default First Run, IH Mill CNC Conversion

This morning I ran a motor test for the first time on my Industrial Hobbies Mill CNC conversion. I finished the CNC Control Enclosure wiring for the first axis (Y) yesterday and turned it on today. I turned the Gecko 320 driver gain down and turned up the damping. I set the speed at 60 inches per minute with acceleration of 9 in the Mach3 configuration file. It ran smoothly as you can see in my YouTube Video (below).Attachment 192706

Since the y-axis controls worked smoothly, I will wire up the x and z axes over the next couple of days. Then the final motor tuning begins. Can't wait to machine the first part, a hold-down fixture for my billet aluminum 4-cyl engine block.

First Run,  IH Mill CNC Conversion-cnc_control_enclosurse-jpg, First Run,  IH Mill CNC Conversion-cnc_control_stand-jpg, First Run,  IH Mill CNC Conversion-monitor_mach3-jpg