Build Thread jet's CNC kit installation - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: jet's CNC kit installation

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: jet's CNC kit installation

Thanks, I did put in all the plumbing for an automatic oiler when I was doing the X/Y tables. I'm totally sold on the concept after seeing them in action at a friend's shop. After I get the motors/sensors moving I'll install the pump and switches for the oiler.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This is taking forever, I keep getting paying work that doesn't involve me using the mill! I've rebuilt my lasersaur and am listing some products on Etsy and making things on my Southbend 10L.

Using the lasersaur means I have to be physically in the room during a cut (in case there's a fire, I'm cutting baltic birch) and have these nice 20min blocks of time where I can finally finish this mill and make parts for my bikes.

One problem. I lost a page of my notes, I think. Is there a reason I wouldn't put oiler plumbing on the housing for the X screw other than lack of space? I put one on the Y screw and am using the drip system on the Z for now, but nothing on the X and I'm pretty certain I wouldn't forget the oiler by mistake. Looking at it (it's assembled) I apparently don't have space to tap in to the ball screw mount -- is there a drip method or some other trick for the X axis lubrication?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

...and the Y table is stuck on the gib. Sigh. Moved the bed to check some hose routing and it's locked right up.

I assume this is like unsticking other gibs -- remove the screws from each side and tap on the end of the gib with a drift and a hammer?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tapped it out with a screw slightly larger than the gib, a drift would have bellowed out the end. Also discovered/remembered that I tapped the side of the mount for the X nut mount for lube but that I couldn't get the X table back on with the lube connection in place. So, progress!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456