Need Help! Centroid Tool diameter offset

Thread: Centroid Tool diameter offset

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Centroid Tool diameter offset

Hi, When I program a small rectangle to be routed in a plastic product, the rout is bigger than I programed, as the bit is cutting on the center. I want the bit to be offset left. The manual says to use G41, and the cnc will automatically adjust over 1/2 the diameter of the tool. It says to use a D value. "if D001 is 0.5 and the job contains G41 D1, the software will adjust x and y positions 1/2 the diameter offset value to the left of the programmed tool path. Where can I adjust this? I see no D value in the g code. Any Ideas?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Centroid Tool diameter offset

Search the web for "CNC cutter diameter compensation". Any path that works on a Fanuc, Haas, Tormach, or whatever, will work on a Centroid control.

A few basics:
    1) You need to position the tool somewhere off the part, preferably at the cutting depth, before you turn on compensation (e.g. with G41)
    2) After you turn on compensation, then do a lead-in move onto the part outline
    3) After you have gone all the way around the part, turn off compensation and do a lead-out move off of the part
    4) If your program does not have a D code (diameter offset index), then you need to put one in, with or before the G41.
    5) It is a good idea to use a D number that is the same as your tool number, but it is not required.
    6) The D number in the program is an index (from 1 to 200) into the Diameter offsets table
    7) The actual value of the tool diameter is stored in the Offset Library (on a Centroid, F1/Setup -> F2/Tool -> F1/Offsets)