When will "acorn" release? - Page 8

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: When will "acorn" release?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Uguessedit View Post
    I’ve got all three versions and the free is useless unless your cutting a pocket or square or simple drill array.. Heck even the pro is limited to file size. I don’t do complex parts but they do tend to get up to 15000 lines sometimes more exceeding the 4mb file size. I have a m400 which isn’t limited and does all that and more. The digitizing bundle lets you have unlimited file size but don’t get too hung on the probe it won’t work very well but for edge finding. Any actual reverse engineering is a moot point and other than entertainment value that’s about it. I like the software it’s easy to use but like anything has issues and can be buggy at times. If you’re expectations aren’t not too high and hardware is compatible then you will be happy. Don’t try and run any open loop steppers I have tried a half dozen various stepper motors and they alll miss steps with acorn but run fine on other programs that have manual stepper tuning. Id say the auto tune feature isn’t great. Now with AC servos it’s superb and I’m not the only one to have found this to be the case. I’m sure closed loop steppers probably do fine but I haven’t tried any.
    Trolling a year and a half old thread? Come on man. If you have an issue, bring it to the forum and get help.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: When will "acorn" release?

Quote Originally Posted by Uguessedit View Post
    I’ve got all three versions and the free is useless unless your cutting a pocket or square or simple drill array.. Heck even the pro is limited to file size. I don’t do complex parts but they do tend to get up to 15000 lines sometimes more exceeding the 4mb file size. I have a m400 which isn’t limited and does all that and more. The digitizing bundle lets you have unlimited file size but don’t get too hung on the probe it won’t work very well but for edge finding. Any actual reverse engineering is a moot point and other than entertainment value that’s about it. I like the software it’s easy to use but like anything has issues and can be buggy at times. If you’re expectations aren’t not too high and hardware is compatible then you will be happy. Don’t try and run any open loop steppers I have tried a half dozen various stepper motors and they alll miss steps with acorn but run fine on other programs that have manual stepper tuning. Id say the auto tune feature isn’t great. Now with AC servos it’s superb and I’m not the only one to have found this to be the case. I’m sure closed loop steppers probably do fine but I haven’t tried any.
    I have to respectfully disagree with you. I have lost track over how many Acorn builds I have done, how many Acorn related videos I have posted. I have used and tested many stepper drives and have not experienced what you have experienced.
    Check out my YouTube channel martyscncgarage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN..._as=subscriber
    I spend hours of my own time helping others on the Centroid CNC User forums: https://centroidcncforum.com/viewforum.php?f=60 and no, I am not an employee of Centroid. I am an avid hobbyist interested in CNC Motion Control. I have helped beta test the hardware and software since Acorn's inception. I do it because I believe in it.
    Centroid has been around for over 30 years and specializes in CNC Machine motion control. They came up with an integrated solution, they write the software for the hardware. They are contantly improving the hardware and software based on customer feedback.

All you have to have is basic electronic and electrical skills OR find a friend that does and follow good control wiring practice. Its a very well supported product.

I am truly sorry it has not worked out for you. I assume you have been on the forum and asked your questions? What is your user id on the forum? Be happy to go back and look.
    Centroid controls may not be for everyone, there is certainly a wide range of control choices out there. Perhaps another would suit you better.

As for features here is the list, showing free, Pro and Digitizing Bundles. Given the machine and specific user needs, many are fine with the FREE version, most spend the money to upgrade to the Pro version.
    Every option is in plain sight for the user to decide which way to go:
    https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid...ontroller.html

Good luck on your projects. Please let us know how we can be of further help. Lots of experienced users on the forum helping each other out, not to mention frequent visits from Centroid Tech Support staff and even a long time Dealer/veteran installer of Centroid controls trying to help users. The forums is the place to go for help.

Kidnest regards,
    Marty

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678